• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU OC with SMP/Bigadv TPF & PPD Database

we have a nice database growing.

I'll try to run some reports on it after exams are done tomorrow.
 
updated my entrries to the spreadsheet. i wish i was able to disable numa. could have got more ppd.
 
i figure its about time to bump this thread, honestly i think it should be stickied. get some more sandy bridge numbers posted people!!!!
 
I don't have HFM installed yet to record TPF, but I get around 46k on a 6900 at 4.7ghz. This drops to about 38k running two gpu3 clients along with it.

A very painful 2684 pulled in 29k.
 
not overclocked... I will be sure to update the list nextime f@h rotates what the secret beta wu is....
 
Anybody here have any westmere dual-quad setups they can add to the list?

I can add some dual E5630 numbers in there. They aren't from the benchmark though, just whatever units the machine ran though over the last few days.

Forgot to add: This is on a server, not SR2, so no overclocked numbers.
 
Last edited:
I'm sure you could find a cheap AM2 mobo used in the FS forum
 
I'm sure you could find a cheap AM2 mobo used in the FS forum

I still have my k9a2 plat

Grrrr 3 of my machines picked up a 2684
frame times are freakin 10min slower...

60k less ppd in total...
 
Last edited:
No, but i can add dual-hex westmere numbers if that helps
Already a bunch of dual-hex stuff in there, but very little dual-quad info. I guess its because everyone figured it wasn't worth saving a few hundred bucks, they might as well go for the full $1k+ CPU option :D

I'd love some OC'd dual quad info if anyones got it. Trying to decide between single socket/dual-quad/dual-hex dedicated bigadv folders. I think I want to make a bigger impact than a single-socket SB would get me, but not sure I want to spend the full $2k+ that a dual hex would cost me
 
Already a bunch of dual-hex stuff in there, but very little dual-quad info. I guess its because everyone figured it wasn't worth saving a few hundred bucks, they might as well go for the full $1k+ CPU option :D

I'd love some OC'd dual quad info if anyones got it. Trying to decide between single socket/dual-quad/dual-hex dedicated bigadv folders. I think I want to make a bigger impact than a single-socket SB would get me, but not sure I want to spend the full $2k+ that a dual hex would cost me

Try this thread over at FF, it may have what you are looking for.

A3 Frame times
 
I had dual westmere E5640 in my SR2 for a few months. When I upgraded to L5640s, I sold the CPUs to musky, and he planned to put them into an HTPC. I'm not sure if he kept them or not.

I can try to dig up some numbers for you. I had them running right at 4ghz.
 
I had dual westmere E5640 in my SR2 for a few months. When I upgraded to L5640s, I sold the CPUs to musky, and he planned to put them into an HTPC. I'm not sure if he kept them or not.

I can try to dig up some numbers for you. I had them running right at 4ghz.
only at [H] would you find somebody looking to quad-core Xeons in an HTPC! :D

If you've got ball-park numbers for the E5640's vs the L5640's (i.e. 65k vs 100k) or something like that, I'd appreciate it too, just some idea would be great.
 
You're not too far off. The E5640s at 4ghz produced around 60k on 2684s and around 75k or 80k on 2686 iirc.

My L5640s at 3.6ghz produce around 75k on 2684s and 130k on 2686.

I'll try to dig up some real numbers.
 
dual quad at 2.8 matches dual hexa at 2.13
 
only at [H] would you find somebody looking to quad-core Xeons in an HTPC! :D

If you've got ball-park numbers for the E5640's vs the L5640's (i.e. 65k vs 100k) or something like that, I'd appreciate it too, just some idea would be great.

Average numbers on good WUs (6900s, 2686s)

Dual quad X5550s @ 2.93 GHz - 58K ppd
Dual quad E5640s @ 4.1 GHz - 92K ppd
Dual hex L5640s @ 3.6 GHz - 130K ppd
 
added SMP project 10114 phenom II 955 @3.8 getting 4710ppd with 27:25 TPF

Those numbers make me one sad panda :(

Sure hope bulldozer is not a flop!

EDIT: they seem to push the proc alot harder as well,temps running P6701 last night were 44C- 45C running this they have jumped to 49C-50C same ambient as well
 
added SMP project 10114 phenom II 955 @3.8 getting 4710ppd with 27:25 TPF

Those numbers make me one sad panda :(

Sure hope bulldozer is not a flop!

EDIT: they seem to push the proc alot harder as well,temps running P6701 last night were 44C- 45C running this they have jumped to 49C-50C same ambient as well
Interesting. Have you seen any of the new 7000 units yet? At least their PPD is nice.

Updated.

Do i get bonus points for being the lowest on the totem pole?
Yep. You're the winner in my mind :)



 
Interesting. Have you seen any of the new 7000 units yet? At least their PPD is nice.

Yep. You're the winner in my mind :)

hmm...i should get you some data on those 7*** untis....very nice at 3.5 on a 1090T i think they were pulling 14k
 
Added p7142 numbers on my 2.4 GHz X3220 - almost 6200 PPD, not too shabby.
 
Just added new lines for my Linux additions, now with Tear's affinity wrapper both are over 200,000ppd. Man that feels good. :D

Now if only I could go Linux on my main workstation. Oh well.
 
Just added new lines for my Linux additions, now with Tear's affinity wrapper both are over 200,000ppd. Man that feels good. :D

Now if only I could go Linux on my main workstation. Oh well.

Folding on Linux in a VM is better on my main machine than native windows .....

H.
 
Folding on Linux in a VM is better on my main machine than native windows .....

H.

Would love to. Tried - vmware - can't use 24 threads. Virtualbox can, but can't get ubuntu to engage all cores at 100%, just as if bfs is not working. Frame time was over 1 hour!

Stumped.
 
has anyone tried running a bigadv on dual X5690 chips for 5Ghz plus OC'ed.
would be interested to know how much TPF & PPD one gets.
 
I dropped in my sandy numbers
tpf on a 6901 is 30:12 ppd = 36986
cpus is 106x34 or 3.6ghz ram ddr3 1696 cas6 2x 2gb
 
is it just me or are over 50+ entries missing ? the numbering is completely off right now...i guess thats what i'm getting at
 
I don't think there are any entries missing. I think the numbering just got messed up somehow. Not sure what's going on there
 
Back
Top