Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I lost over watch today. To be honest I haven't play in two months (just had a baby boy), but I would still do overwatch on my laptop. I didn't know you could lose overwatch?

I lost over watch today. To be honest I haven't play in two months (just had a baby boy), but I would still do overwatch on my laptop. I didn't know you could lose overwatch?

Play a game and it should come back. Did your rank disappear too?

I played at match today and got overwatch back. As an added bonus it got ranked up! I'm a dmg.

Does anyone else have issues with micro-stutter? I was using an R9 290x, but just bought a EVGA GTX 980 SC but the microstuttering persists! I've even installed the Geforce Experience app and optimized CS:GO with no difference. :(

Does anyone else have issues with micro-stutter? I was using an R9 290x, but just bought a EVGA GTX 980 SC but the microstuttering persists! I've even installed the Geforce Experience app and optimized CS:GO with no difference. :(

A 290 is overkill for csgo, never mind a 980. Play an offline game with bots. That will rule out a network problem. If you still have microstutter maybe you have a cpu issue. I would also check you video settings.

I'm at 260 wins and double AK, no overwatch :(

I think I don't play consistently enough to get it. I've read that you have to play fairly regularly.

make sure vsync is off in game

I think I don't play consistently enough to get it. I've read that you have to play fairly regularly.

117 wins and double ak for me, no OW yet but i think i need to hit 150 for it. How old is your account?

117 wins and double ak for me, no OW yet but i think i need to hit 150 for it. How old is your account?

i unlocked it last week and i only have like 170 wins... i've been playing alot quite recently

My steam account was created the day hl 2 came out. I have 800 hours and 350 wins.

If you've been kicked before, reported for griefing/abusive text or voice chat or cheating in game you won't get OW.

If you've been kicked before, reported for griefing/abusive text or voice chat or cheating in game you won't get OW.

Not exactly. You can have a history of being kicked and reported and still get Overwatch - as long as it isn't frequent. Vac ban is a little different obviously. Beyond that it is random. No one is guaranteed to obtain Overwatch access.

Not exactly. You can have a history of being kicked and reported and still get Overwatch - as long as it isn't frequent. Vac ban is a little different obviously. Beyond that it is random. No one is guaranteed to obtain Overwatch access.

Well that's the thing if it's constant and happens a few times a week that you play then its possible you won't get OW or might get it at a state where you have many more wins and your account proven you've stopped the bad in game behaviour. I have 2 friends on my list who have a history of de-ranking from global elite rank and they didn't get OW till 400 wins (over a period where they stopped being dicks to others in games), on the other hand another friend got the OW function on the dot at 150 games. So yeah it depends greatly.

Hagrid, good luck to Team Liquid at Cluj-Napoca.

I bought a few Fugly autograph stickers since the players get to pocket some of the money. I hope it helps him a bit.

I bought a few Fugly autograph stickers since the players get to pocket some of the money. I hope it helps him a bit.

yup cant wait....liquid looks pretty solid right now. I guess i need to go buy some stickers.

Thanks!

They just beat Cloud 9 again 16 to 12. I hope they do really well also!

hahah nice...

i love it when the enemy team helps me kill themselves!!!

I had one of those moments in casual the other night, I was watching banana from T side, a guy comes around I awp him, then another then another, then two double then a couple more. All in the span of maybe seconds As the only guy who went apartments dies hes like "How the fuck did my team just get rekt?" and literally it was just 9 or 10 bodies piled up on the corner. I felt kinda bad. I have a screenshot. I need to upload. weirdest shit ever. In the mean time this amused me the other day.

12079432_10153651383486460_8555671982829258836_n.jpg

I love when that shit happens, I was lower he was on cat.

you just said it yourself,to support the team. Why do people buy jerseys of their favorite basketball or football player?

Yeh but this is a game, a huge majority of the people that buy stickers from a certain team don't even know the team they just want to look cool.

Anyway, lost my supreme rank on one of my accounts, was inactive for almost 3 weeks. Seem's it isn't 1 month.

Ugh, haven't played in at least 6 months and decided to try some matchmaking (I was MGE before I stopped). With this dumb profile rank system I need rank 3/10k XP to even go into matchmaking. Each ~10min round of DM seems to get about 300xp if you win, so I'm looking at 15+ HOURS of pointless play to get back into matchmaking? WTF.

I have 98 wins in competitive out of 200+ matches, why am I not grandfathered?

I thought this was interesting. I bought an account to play on when im drinking heavily...

It put me in eagle with 9 wins and a tie....I thought you had to have 10 wins to be placed. oh well.

zlofif.jpg

I thought this was interesting. I bought an account to play on when im drinking heavily...

It put me in eagle with 9 wins and a tie....I thought you had to have 10 wins to be placed. oh well.

zlofif.jpg

a tie is a win

a tie is a win

I thought I tie was neither a loss or win when it came to the count.

I have 3 other ties as well...9 actual wins.

edit: im pretty sure i have other ties on that account. Im drunk when i play on this one. :)

Last edited:
Ugh, haven't played in at least 6 months and decided to try some matchmaking (I was MGE before I stopped). With this dumb profile rank system I need rank 3/10k XP to even go into matchmaking. Each ~10min round of DM seems to get about 300xp if you win, so I'm looking at 15+ HOURS of pointless play to get back into matchmaking? WTF.

I have 98 wins in competitive out of 200+ matches, why am I not grandfathered?

had the same problem a few months ago when i wanted to start playing... i just hopped into dm every now and then and i got to rank 3 in under month.... :/ .. alternatively you could get the latest operation or whatever and run through the missions for even more xp.. it might help speed up the time..but it costs like another $5

I've read on some reddit threads that if you tie against a higher favored team then it counts that as a win. Take this with a grain of salt since I don't think valve has explicitly showed their calculation methods.

You can rank up on a tie as it depends on the ranks of the players from the opposite teams. I've ranked up from le to lem before on a tie on inferno with 13 wins as I was top fragging on my team and the opposite team was mostly all lem's. The elo points you get from killing the player ranked higher then you helps on a tie. But if you're bottom fragging on your team and you don't manage to kill the higher ranked players from the opposite team, you don't rank on a tie and worst yet you can rank down.

Anyway I don't know how you got 9 wins and ranked up already as technically a tie is not a win and you must get 10 wins for a rank (I've gotten ties on smurf accounts during the 10 win process and never got a rank). Though doesn't surprise me as this game gets more broken after every clusterfuck update from Valve.

I ranked up at 9 wins, with 2 ties

jBuKT7d.jpg

Most of my opponents have been around eagle rank while getting those 9 wins and 2 ties.

Guys, ties count as wins pretty much and the biggest factors in ranking up is winning matches / and getting MVP stars.

The higher the rank of the opponent in the match, the higher it boosts your ELO score if you win the match. It works vice versa, if you lose matches against lower rank opponents, expect to derank at a much faster rate.

YrLuqub.jpg

had the same problem a few months ago when i wanted to start playing... i just hopped into dm every now and then and i got to rank 3 in under month.... :/ .. alternatively you could get the latest operation or whatever and run through the missions for even more xp.. it might help speed up the time..but it costs like another $5

I was going to do that but the most recent (Operation Bloodhound) just ended October 1. I'm part way into rank 2 already. I'm typically able to top frag the public dust_2 DM rounds with ~500-600 points which nets me 400+ XP in 10 minutes. I only have the patience/focus to DM for 30 minutes at a time though... I just want to play competitive again, at least it's only a few more hours to go.

Might borrow a buddy's 144Hz LCD to see if it makes a difference to me. I'm using a 60Hz Dell 2407 MVA panel from 2007 which is probably not the best haha.

I was using a dell 29in ultra wide 2560x1080 monitor before changing to my asus vg24. Although I almost felt like it was cheating with that wide aspect ratio, the lag of that monitor sucked. I even had the dell overclocked to 75hz, but it is no comparison to a 144hz. Now I'm spoiled, I don't even like using 60hz monitors at work.

At first, I chalked up Fugly's "top 8" comment to youthful enthusiasm (age 20, I think). But the more I thought about it the more I agreed this is a possibility, despite drawing a tough first match against VP. I have no expectations of Liquid because, they are the wildest card in the deck, in my opinion.

I will not be surprised not matter what place they finish. The are still a young team (haven't been together very long) and they will grow with every major. How much they will grow will be anyone's guess.

I have a feeling next year is going to be their "coming out" year. All in all, I will be pulling for them even though I don't have any of them on my fantasy team....yet. I can't wait to see Fugly playing CT side, which I feel he does very very well.

Be careful with your bets at CSGOLounge, kiddies. Team Liquid has the ability to make you regret it.

Liquid really should have won that against VP. Hiko going down in round 30 like he did really lost it for them. Fugly looked solid from what I saw.

Back