Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Looks like they already nerfed it.

"
Damage Control
10 DEC 2015 -

On Tuesday we shipped some major gameplay changes in CS:GO including the R8 Revolver, and players have been voicing legitimate concerns over the balance of the weapon as shipped.
While it typically takes more time to generate enough data to drive an update (and gameplay updates are always a bit disruptive), in this case it’s clear that we got the damage wrong and can respond immediately.
So today we’re updating the R8 Revolver to bring its values to be more in line with other weapons: among other changes, its damage has been reduced and it takes slightly longer to fire.
As experience with other new weapons (e.g., CZ75a and M4A1-S) has shown us, it may require several iterations over a longer period to find the stable values that create interesting strategic choices for players. We’re committed to monitoring usage and adjusting the values as required.
Tuesday’s update also included several other changes to gameplay (including a rebalancing for pistols and rifles). It’s still too early to determine their impact but we’re just as committed to monitoring the new meta and ensuring that as CS:GO continues to evolve, it remains fun, skillful, and balanced."

They dont give any numbers

How is this game in terms of hackers?
Have not played any CS in years, but I remember hackers were almost the norm in 1.6.

Have not played any CS in years, but I remember hackers were almost the norm in 1.6.

Being blatant as fuck will just get you banned fast as fuck via Overwatch.

VAC is still VAC, pretty much.

You will however see a whole lot more complaining than actual cheating.

Not bad. The issue for most are smurfs in competitive. A smurf is a new account that either consist of a higher skilled player, a troll, a backup for mm cool downs, or hackers. At lower skilled groups, it's usually smurfs with higher skills to play with friends or pwn, or trolls... Usually in groups. Smurfs in higher ranks are usually hackers. Still a great game though.

Being blatant as fuck will just get you banned fast as fuck via Overwatch.

VAC is still VAC, pretty much.

You will however see a whole lot more complaining than actual cheating.
Ah sounds like good Ol CS to me, Haha

One thing that I am weary about the higher rank you get is wall hacking.

I went around the dark corners of the internet just to test them out, and it is really, really, really easy to use them and not get caught. Needless to say, I got rid of it after 5 minutes or so, but I just wanted to know.

Last edited:
One thing that I am weary about the higher rank you get is wall hacking.

I went around the dark corners of the internet just to test them out, and it is really, really, really easy to use them and not get caught. Needless to say, I got rid of it after 5 minutes or so, but I just wanted to know.

On the flip side, when you play with pros they are usually smart enough to figure out when they get pre-fired every round. I just played with a guy that kept toggling. Scout headshots 3-4 in a row when we couldn't even see him, then the next round he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Hackers in CS GO?

Hmm so far for me at least (and I didn't play GO until start of this year with the ranking system since purchasing the game when it came out in 2012), lots of unranked smurfs throughout nova master to mge. At least a hacker or two (blatant) in casual almost every match (quite annoying if you're on other team trying to rank up to level/rank 3 for mm), lots of high ranked smurfs deranked from smfc or ge or hackers at upper end of ranks (dmg-lem), quite a fair amount of hackers in the top 2 ranks smfc and ge. Lots of griefers, derankers around mg2/mge and lots of really stupid blatant as fuck hackers in nova ranks (aimbot, aim assist, walls toggle during games if they are losing).

I've stopped playing this game as of the recent R8, AK/M4 accuracy and pistol nerf. Update broke the game.

Last edited:
UGh Im not going back until the seasons greeting gets removed fuck that is annoying.

I don't see aimbot stuff very often, I think it must be hard to get around vac or something. In casual its about 1 in 5 matches someone is actually walling or enough that I care. If youre not an experienced csgo casual player then you are more likely to mistake people instinctively prefiring with walling.

I get called a hacker a lot when in reality I'm not only on the level I'm usually belligerently drunk, muted and rocking out to leftover crack or something. Its just goofy shit like if you're playing T and you spawn 4ft to the right of the window you can get to dd long and snapoff a shot at the exact moment cts get to long. every once in a while I'll cap two or three idiots with one shot because they line up in a row on long corner trying to be awp masters. Same rules apply for cobble and train and mirage, god I love mirage.

In casual people are incredibly predictable. Prefires are more often than not just those of us that have a 100k rotations of casual on any particular map. We know when people are going to pop out of any given spot down to the second. Additionally learning how to rush with Flashbangs will make you a god in casual. Flashbang the corner of cobble middle doors T side and the flashbang will bounce in the room and off a couple walls before it goes off, theres no way to avoid getting flashed.

Prefires in comp are a finer line. I havent played comp in a long time, but hackers were fairly uncommon, my main problem was derankers goofing around though most of the time they still managed to have fun and joke around which is my favorite part of csgo, another reason why I don't play comp. I am not a serious man. Most derankers I run into will offer to make it up in another match anyway.

Last edited:
The wall hacking and aim botting is out of control in this game. The game is still fun but I really wish Valve could do something about it.

Considering there are 2 primary private hacks suppliers that 99% of hackers use in CS GO, aimjunkies and aimware, hackers won't be stopped until some intervention is done so by Valve with the former two mentioned hack suppliers.

I honestly haven't found hacking to be a big issue. I usually warm up with a casual game and I've seen two hackers total. I still haven't seen any in matchmaking but I would assume they are higher ranks.

Smurfs on the other hand I've seen bunch of. I played vs a group of supremes the other day (I'm currently mg2) and we got owned. I went 15-18 so I'm not overly upset. I've also had a bunch of people on my team who have admitted to smurfing. I've gotten called out a few times for it but I just tell people to blame Valve for putting me in nova 4 after dropping a 50 bomb.

I'm ranking up pretty fast though. I'm currently MG2 and should be MGE soon. My last game was versus MGE's and a DMG. Not bad for a week and a half of playing.

I don't see the revolver as a issue to worry about in Comp play. The very few people that use it usually get mowed down before the gun has a chance to fire.

You basically get one chance to land a headshot or you're dead.

They nerfed the pistol and randomised the down-spray/control pattern of the M4 and AK (decreased accuracy) when they released the winter update a week ago with the revolver R8 weapon. I'm fucking glad they reverted the changes for the rifles and pistols because this game is going on a pattern of being broken with new updates the pro-scene and us normal players are not happy with.

Logged on for a couple hours tonight sad to say there was at least one waller every single game. It doesn't serious affect me because 90% of the time its just some kid who bought cs and a hack. Not like someone who knows how to play prefiring. Mostly they wander around the map following people through walls being super obvious. Still really obnoxious.

I pretty much only use the tec-9, 5-7 and awp. Only use m4s and ak on pick up. I didn't notice any difference, what was the big change?

So what do you buy durning non eco rounds and not enough money for an awp?

So what do you buy durning non eco rounds and not enough money for an awp?

This is just casual. I'm not playing comp right now. Nothing, just those 3. Sometimes nothing at all. Usually just use the first weapon I pick up off my first kill.

Last edited:
Recent rank update messed up this game.

Not really. All they did was adjust the percentage of each rank. You are still playing the people with the same elo. I went down to LEM and the matches now seem a bit better. Before I would carry my team in SMFC with 30 frags and still lose. With how some people have dropped a lot, they maybe adjusted boosting stats too.

Not one person I have come across hasn't complained about the recent rank update. It is very easy to drop ranks and harder to rank up because too many were getting into GE and SMFC easily and subsequently this recent rank update shook things up and majorly affected mid ranks from MGE-LE which most have deranked too. Every update so far breaks this game further regardless of what anybody believes.

I think the frustrating part about it isn't the rank that you got placed in, but the congestion in those ranks now. I went LE to MGE because I played a lot during the revolver disaster. Got back to DMG then to LE quickly. After the update I dropped to MGE in THREE GAMES. I float between MGE and DMG currently, but the issue is: once I hit DMG I can win three straight games with good KDR, MVP etc. Then I will lose one game and I drop down to MGE. How does this make a lick of sense? I swear it happened just like that too: Rank up - win three - lose one - rank back down.

The system is out of control at the moment, but I don't doubt it will level back out and be normal again eventually. I don't have any issues with it other than the constant rank changes for me. I just want to play with equally skilled people.

I was a dmg, back to back losses dropped me to mg2. I can't seem to get my rank back. It seems like every time I'm about to get my rank back I run into a de ranker. De rankers piss me off more than hackers.

I had a game the other day with two de rankers. They just sat in spawn doing 360s and because they came in a pair you couldn't kick them. One of the normal people on the team tked one of the de rankers and got himself put on a cool down, that caused the other normal player on my team to abandone. So that left me, two bots, and two de rankers. So what happens next? They kick me.

The recent rank update made solo queuing next to impossible. I was LEM on one of my accounts, won 3 games and lost 2 and dropped a rank for each lose that happened. Lots of people are complaining about it. MG2-MGE is the new LE ranks.

i went from dmg to mg2 with back to back loses. then i win a few and get ranked down to mg1 on a win! ranked down on a win? thats messed up.

Yeah they totally fucked the ranking system up, its more than just changing which graphic you see next to your name and being matched with the same skilled players as before.

Before I was SMFC and would win and lose an equal amount of matches, it felt like the people I was playing (with the exception of when a global came in) were on my skill level.

Now I'm LE and frequently get paired with people capable of far less skill and communication and am frequently put up against people of far more skill than I previously was. The matches dont feel balanced, they feel one sided and most games end in a 16 to 0-5 score with me being on the winning or losing end at random.

Yeah they totally fucked the ranking system up, its more than just changing which graphic you see next to your name and being matched with the same skilled players as before.

Before I was SMFC and would win and lose an equal amount of matches, it felt like the people I was playing (with the exception of when a global came in) were on my skill level.

Now I'm LE and frequently get paired with people capable of far less skill and communication and am frequently put up against people of far more skill than I previously was. The matches dont feel balanced, they feel one sided and most games end in a 16 to 0-5 score with me being on the winning or losing end at random.

Yup...exactly whats happening to me.

Ive only had one loss out of the 6 matches ive played since the update. That loss dereanked me to LEM. But every match I have played has been against either all novas or mgs. The matches are absolute crap shoots. Most of the players are toxic screaming kids. None of the matches have had any competitive feel to them and are extremely lopsided.

I look forward to each loss deranking me to what looks like nova / mg1 since thats all that Im getting to play against.:(

Was double AK, now GN2. 5 deranks in 6 games.

I'm fuckin' lovin it. Also, I found a group of players that we normally 3 or 4 man with and we're getting STOMPED. Not just losing because we're having a bad day, but being STOMPED.

Shits fucked.

Was double AK, now GN2. 5 deranks in 6 games.

I'm fuckin' lovin it. Also, I found a group of players that we normally 3 or 4 man with and we're getting STOMPED. Not just losing because we're having a bad day, but being STOMPED.

Shits fucked.

thats nuts!! 5 in six games?

Yup. Its when I was solo queuing. I lost 5 of those six games so thats where it came from. I don't solo queue anymore. If no one is on to play with I just death match or arms race to keep my aim up.

i only solo queue. one of my deranks i had two derankers on my team. someone killed one of them in spawn and got a cool down. the other non deranker quit, then they kicked me. rank lost! derank piss me off more than hackers.

I'm not really doing mm anymore. Esea and cevo for the most part. One thing about this rank shift that I noticed, it's easier for people of higher ranks to derank. This means you will have higher skilled players in lower ranks that will destroy. Good luck to you guys in the lower ranks.

My son joined another team and just left for LA to live in the gaming house.
Free room and board, chef on duty, computers, etc. Leaving home for the first time and roughing it.... :D

My son joined another team and just left for LA to live in the gaming house.
Free room and board, chef on duty, computers, etc. Leaving home for the first time and roughing it.... :D

Awesome. Take it he indeed went to CLG.

Back