Counter Strike: Global Offensive

FYI, Beta is available on steam for people who pre-purchased.

Getting mine right now (~3500mb)
 
Tried to buy it. Steam kept telling me it couldn't add it to my cart..... Guess Valve doesn't want my money.
 
Yeah I figured there was a regular thread on this, so I would stop posting in the hot deal thread haha.

Played a couple hours yesterday. Didn't take long for me to get the hang of bursting. I feel like I have a MUCH better time when I jump out, let the other guy uselessly spray, stop on a dime and burst for a h/s. Seems I have less luck when I'm the instigator. Could be that I'm just rusty from not playing CS in so long though.

AWP feels a lot different, but I like how the scope blurs when you're moving. Of course imo this makes the scout even harder to use, but nothing wrong with a challenge. AK is still my favorite weapon though, and imagine it will continue to be for many CS players.

Playing with friends was awkward as F though. You create a 'lobby' and instantly your mic is turned on with no visible option to turn it off (like L4D or MW)...which is utterly hilarious and stupid. Also had quite a bit of trouble joining games the first few hours after I got beta downloaded but after I was FINALLY able to join a server, that went away. I mean, dedicated servers - you'd think joining would be just as fast as TF2/CS.
 
I played around 10 arms race matches. It's not bad. Since I've never really played CS alot I have to get used to the mechanics.

But I can see myself playing Arms race for a quick FPS fix when I don't have much time to play.
 
That's the first mode I played to get warmed-up (and used bots to hide my embarassment hahah). I was terrible with a shotty in 1.6 and CS:S. Guess what. I'm still terrible with it.
 
haha,

I'm ok with the normal shotguns. But there is a small one (almost the size of a pistol) that I need to get a headshot with or else I can never kill my opponent. There is also that huge machinegun I need to figure out. Even if I crouch down it seems to shoot high. I'm probably shooting too many bullets in a burst for that gun.
 
how are people liking this game so far? I thought counterstrike died with source
 
Playing with friends was awkward as F though. You create a 'lobby' and instantly your mic is turned on with no visible option to turn it off (like L4D or MW)...which is utterly hilarious and stupid. Also had quite a bit of trouble joining games the first few hours after I got beta downloaded but after I was FINALLY able to join a server, that went away. I mean, dedicated servers - you'd think joining would be just as fast as TF2/CS.

You Dont have to do it that way. You can use the server browser or connect IP: port in console.
 
waaaa? server browser.. I'll have to find it tonight.

Do you mean straight from steam? That would be alot better than starring a the "finding match" lol
 
I played some Dust/Dust II last night for a couple hours. It felt really solid to me. Ive been playing CS for a decade now and I was pretty sceptical about CS:GO from reading hate threads. I was pleasantly surprised last night. I really like the new look. The new crosshairs are a nice change too. I got 4 kills and a bomb defuse in my first round. :D
 
This is a very worthy update in my eyes. It is only 15 bones, they added some popular user mods and hopefully add more like zombies. The graphic update is a nice touch along with the new weapons as well as the new effects when zoomed in. The last cs iteration came out in 2004 so they definitely aren't milking this franchise.
 
so any good commands out their for this thing? Like the usual cl_updaterate, rate, etc?
 
how are people liking this game so far? I thought counterstrike died with source

I thought counter-strike IMPROVED with source.

I started playing Counter-Strike from in '99 (Beta 4 I believe) when I was a freshman in college.

By 2001/2002 I was running some of the largest and most popular servers on the east coast from Umass at Amherst, on linux boxes I built out of spare hardware I had kicking around.

When Source was launched, I thought it was pretty awesome and I converted my main CS server to source. I continued to play after my graduation in 2003 until late 2005 / early 2006 when I met my - now - wife and fell off the gaming and computer hardware planet completely for about 5 years.

I was still running my socket 754 Athlon 64 and Geforce 6800GT in 2010 when I finally decided it was time for an upgrade and got hooked again.

I've played CS:Source on and off since then, but never really gotten into it like I used to.

Now I mostly play Red Orchestra 2, and love it, and CS feels a little silly by comparison. I have yet to play Global Offensive. I'm kind of trying to decide if I want to pick it up for old times sake or not.

Chances of me playing a lot of it are slim.
 
so any good commands out their for this thing? Like the usual cl_updaterate, rate, etc?

leave everything default when playing on valve servers. they are all 64.

but if you join community servers you might have to change some settings according to the server but most are 64 also.
 
leave everything default when playing on valve servers. they are all 64.

but if you join community servers you might have to change some settings according to the server but most are 64 also.

lets be real you dont know what youre talking about





bought this game though only 13.50$.. I'll try it out see how it goes
 
lets be real you dont know what youre talking about





bought this game though only 13.50$.. I'll try it out see how it goes

Yo. Let's play sometime. I'll probably get it this week no doubt when I get some free time. Do you have Steam (PM ME!)?
 
lets be real you dont know what youre talking about


bought this game though only 13.50$.. I'll try it out see how it goes

what was wrong with what i said. please enlighten me. stop following me around and get a life.
 
nvm. I am not sure what you mean by they are default to 64.

before in css servers were 33, 66, 100 tick. players would set their rates according to the server (some servers auto change them for you)

in cs:go the offical servers are all 64 tick, you can see if you enable netgraph by typing net_graph 1. some community servers however are set to other rates, and if you join them you should change your settings to get optimal hit registration.

i hope this dremic guy stop following me around and talking smack, even though hes the one that doesnt know anything about these games he supposely plays and is good at.
 
before in css servers were 33, 66, 100 tick. players would set their rates according to the server (some servers auto change them for you)

in cs:go the offical servers are all 64 tick, you can see if you enable netgraph by typing net_graph 1. some community servers however are set to other rates, and if you join them you should change your settings to get optimal hit registration.

i hope this dremic guy stop following me around and talking smack, even though hes the one that doesnt know anything about these games he supposely plays and is good at.

Gotcha. Been awhile since I really fooled with rates.
 
My servers are 128 tick and 1000fps. Butter smooth. You can go up to 256 tick but the rates max out at 130/150 so no real point to it.
 
You Dont have to do it that way. You can use the server browser or connect IP: port in console.

Yeah the 'general' beta opening on 14th was rocky, but that nonsense hasn't happened since then.

Heck, the very first thing I tried was "connect IP" but many servers don't allow you to join that way (and forces you to join via Lobby), kicking you to the main menu. Total BS.
That said, the AMM seems to be getting better and it'll probably be even better once things are in full swing at retail release.
 
Just pre ordered it and playing the BETA, I like the game but of course it has bugs in it and the lag. I find it somewhat hilarious you can spawn on another person and kill them or they can kill you. I expect this will be fixed or patched in the future.
 
Just pre ordered it and playing the BETA, I like the game but of course it has bugs in it and the lag. I find it somewhat hilarious you can spawn on another person and kill them or they can kill you. I expect this will be fixed or patched in the future.

it probably wont be, cs has been like that forever. it only happens in big servers with standard maps which dont have enough spawn points.
 
it probably wont be, cs has been like that forever. it only happens in big servers with standard maps which dont have enough spawn points.

Yeah, I don't know why you'd want that big of a server for CS anyway.

It seems to play best with between 16 and 20 players in total (8-10 on each side) IMHO, unless that has changed in GO.
 
i cant seem to change my update rate from 64 to 84 it stays at 64. Is this a bug?
 
^-- I think the server kind of overrides your setting if its higher then the server supports.

Which is why I asked about the 128 servers, to try them out. I understand now that he's talking about servers he games on.
 
Well, against all odds this game somehow drew me in. I was even attempting to fight it, but after playing it, it quickly became addicting. It was a rough start I must say -- it was like learning all over again.
 
Glad to see there are still immature scum bags that play this game. I called a vote that passed to scramble teams because one side was getting steam rolled. I was then kicked and banned from the server after of course being called a plethora of names.
 
Just ordered my first mechanical keyboard (CM Quick Fire Red), and waiting for the game to be released. Never really got into Source but played 1.6 for a few years so im hoping for the best.
 
I can confirm the CoolerMaster Quick Fire Red works with CS:GO. :D

Got mine 3 weeks ago. Works great. (Wanted to try out cherry reds over the cherry blacks I was using before)
 
I have CS:S, but don't ever recall buying this Global Offensive. I was told you can't play beta unless you prepurchase it, but it still lets me play?
 
Back
Top