• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The gang at LanOC have thrown a little review action on Corsair's Vengeance 2000 wireless headset today. You can see our evaluation here for comparison purposes.

With wired headsets you either end up with too short of a cord or so much that you are running it over like me. Wireless is an interesting option but the wireless headsets available haven’t been interesting for the most part. Seeing Corsair bring out a wireless headset, I had to get my hands onto one to see if they live up to Corsairs growing reputation.
 
I wish they would release a wireless headset I could use with a dedicated sound card I already have.
 
I wish they would release a wireless headset I could use with a dedicated sound card I already have.

Sennheiser makes some but they're not cheap.

Also, if you are looking for "5.1/7.1" surround, they don't do that. But with a decent dedicated sound card and DH/CMSS-3D you don't need headphone hardware "surround" anyway.
 
Sennheiser makes some but they're not cheap.

Also, if you are looking for "5.1/7.1" surround, they don't do that. But with a decent dedicated sound card and DH/CMSS-3D you don't need headphone hardware "surround" anyway.

Do you know which model is it? I took a quick look at their homepage, but could not find a wireless headset, only found wireless headphones.

And they have one 7.1 headset model.
 
Do you know which model is it? I took a quick look at their homepage, but could not find a wireless headset, only found wireless headphones.

And they have one 7.1 headset model.

I guess I was thinking about the RS series, but you're right in that those aren't headsets.

There are some Bluetooth wireless headsets, but I couldn't say how good the quality is. I would think they're just for phones/tablets but there are some pretty beefy over-the-ear ones so they might work well. Says they work well for music and movies so I would think gaming would be okay.
 
Bluetooth can work ok for gaming, or it can be awful if you happen to be using a combination of transmit adapter and headphone that induce a delay on the signal. I've had good luck w/Iogear and Miccus adapters (as gifts for movie watching and such, I don't really use BT for anything besides setting up cheap speakers outside or car audio).

I've read that BT 3.0 gear that uses the AptX's CSR codec supposedly sounds so much better than regular BT which uses SBC, but I tried listening for the difference w/my EVO LTE and an HTC Clip adapter that supports AptX CSR and I couldn't tell it apart from my tablet and a Miccus adapter (so I returned the HTC adapter).

It's possible neither my car speakers nor the powered monitors I used just were revealing enough (or had enough low end) to really make one transmit codec stand out, but I doubt anyone's gonna use BT gear w/higher end equipment anyway so it seemed like a wash to me.
 
I picked these up because they are on sale for $119 right now on Amazon and Newegg. Will post my own findings once I give them a try next week. I am going to go into this using them for gaming ONLY. Have an expensive bookshelf speaker/receiver setup so I'm not expecting anything to blow me away in terms of sound quality in music or movies. Just want the headset and headphones for FPS gaming only. I think that's a good way to go into purchasing a pair of headphones like this. Expecting Sennheiser quality is probably not going to leave you happy.
 
Back
Top