Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

Also remember that its usually the GPU that makes the most noise in a pc so you shouldn't be hearing the psu at all no matter which psu you choose. That's my thoughts about it.
100% agree. Unfortunately, that has never been the case with my current build while using either the Silverstone ST45SF-G or SX600-G

Yeah, while the GPU makes the most noise under load a lot of concern is idle noise. I can't hear the GPU at idle, my biggest source of noise at idle right now is the teeny fan in the Silverstone 450W PSU I have. It's why i've been eyeballing a corsair 600W for a while now. My system's idle power draw is low enough that it should keep the fan off, which'll be a very nice change.

Only one SATA strand with 4 plugs on a 600W? My Corsair 650W pro came with 10!

You can still buy a second cable or molex-sata converters. Corsairs decision is ok since you don't need more than 4 drives in most SFF builds.

Does anyone know if its possible to acquire individual sleeved cables for the Corsair 600SF psu yet?

None of them are available :cry:

edit: oh i see, he needs 11 days to craft the cables. Damn, is this expensive!

Does anyone know if its possible to acquire individual sleeved cables for the Corsair 600SF psu yet?
Moddiy.com also has them. Alternatively you can buy everything you need to make your own from mainframecustoms.com if you want to go the diy route.

My SF600's fan doesn't seem to stop at idle, and is also making a constant high pitched oscillating sound (also at idle, disappears under load).

Ambient temperature is 25C, PSU internals are ~35C. Any ideas, or just get it replaced?

My SF600's fan doesn't seem to stop at idle, and is also making a constant high pitched oscillating sound (also at idle, disappears under load).

Ambient temperature is 25C, PSU internals are ~35C. Any ideas, or just get it replaced?
In all my use of it in my Ncase build I haven't heard it making any of those noises. And my build has mostly been run at idle since I'm just doing minor tweaks and installs until I receive a 1080 and rewire the psu.

Anyone know if the SF450 would be sufficient for a GTX 1070, or would SF600 be safer? I'm looking at an i5-6500 + GTX 1070 build with not much else, no overclocking. Not sure what this card requires.

No issues like that in my NCase. Even with my setup below my PSU does go fanless when the system is idle.

Anyone know if the SF450 would be sufficient for a GTX 1070, or would SF600 be safer? I'm looking at an i5-6500 + GTX 1070 build with not much else, no overclocking. Not sure what this card requires.

In theory 450 watts should be enough…

But having 600 watts means the PSU will have more overhead, and would probably be working at 50% (or so) max. with everything pegged, whereas the 450 would probably be running at 75% (or so) with everything pegged…?

SF600 with a custom set of cables becomes a truly great PSU. I have it in M1 and the system is completely silent under no load (under load it's very noisy since I have 980Ti FTW from Evga - considering a switch to a reference 1080) and there is no total mess as in the case when the default cables were used (fortunately, only for short time).

What cable lengths did you end up needing in your N1?

More than enough for an i5-6500 + 1070.

Moddiy.com also has them. Alternatively you can buy everything you need to make your own from mainframecustoms.com if you want to go the diy route.
Are any of the Corsair connectors for the SF450 or SF600 proprietary? I'm doing some research into building my own cables and I'm wondering if I need to plan on disassembling the included cables to use any of the PSU-side connectors.

PSA - Jet.com has these power supplies in stock, and you can get free shipping as well as 15% off your first three orders for US customers. I just ordered the SF600.

Are any of the Corsair connectors for the SF450 or SF600 proprietary? I'm doing some research into building my own cables and I'm wondering if I need to plan on disassembling the included cables to use any of the PSU-side connectors.
The psu side of the motherboard header is a split 18 pin and 10 pin connector but both are common connectors available at mainframe customs/moddiy and other websites. Everything else on the psu is the standard 6 and 8 pin connectors. Sata, molex, and split connector (6+2, 20+4 etc) are all available so everything needed is pretty easy to source.

If you do go the diy route is get the molex crimper from Amazon instead since the diy sites I mentioned listed their models a little on the high side.

Last edited:
The psu side of the motherboard header is a split 18 pin and 10 pin connector but both are common connectors available at mainframe customs/moddiy and other websites. Everything else on the psu is the standard 6 and 8 pin connectors. Sata, molex, and split connector (6+2, 20+4 etc) are all available so everything needed is pretty easy to source.

If you do go the diy route is get the molex crimper from Amazon instead since the diy sites I mentioned listed their models a little on the high side.
Great, thanks for providing that info.

I switched out my SF600 order for the SF450 due to noise concerns with the SF600. I would have liked the extra capacity, but I think even the SF450 should be plenty for an ITX X99 build. Would have gone with the SF600 if Tom's Hardware had been able to confirm changes to the fan profile, but it seems like they're still waiting on a second unit. Saving a little cash on the SF450 doesn't hurt either :)

I just got bought the SF600 and installed it in a ml08 a week or two ago. I can't hear it at idle or load. Not that I'd be able to hear anything else over the GTX670 blower anyway.

Last edited:
I changed my order back to the SF600...Looking over at Corsair's forum, it sounds like the review unit Tom's Hardware was sent had a bad fan controller. Sweclockers may have also received a review unit with a bad fan controller. Hopefully these are isolated incidents and all is well.

I changed my order back to the SF600...Looking over at Corsair's forum, it sounds like the review unit Tom's Hardware was sent had a bad fan controller. Sweclockers may have also received a review unit with a bad fan controller. Hopefully these are isolated incidents and all is well.

Considering I and others here have the SF600 without issues I would say those are separate issues. Most units are working as intended I think its safe to say.

More than enough for an i5-6500 + 1070.

That's cool. Am I right in thinking that the SF450 could even power a GTX 1080 in this build? i5-6500 (65W) + GTX 1080 (~185W @ peak) = 250W?

Also, it seems the SF450 and SF600 would both be at around 15dB at this load.

Last edited:
That's cool. Am I right in thinking that the SF450 could even power a GTX 1080 in this build? i5-6500 (65W) + GTX 1080 (~185W @ peak) = 250W?

While not 10-% accurate, use something like PCPartPicker.com; the CPU & GPU are only two of the components in your build, there is still watts being used by the remaining components…

Adding in a MB, RAM, HSF & SSD bring things up to a bit over 300 watts… The SF450 is still capable of handling the load; I am just reminding you to not take other components into consideration…

I'm using an ST45SF to run a 980Ti and a 6600k (plus ODD, 2,5" SSD, 3.5" HDD, AIO), without issue. The 980Ti's TDP is 250W vs. the 1080's 185W, so the SF450 should be just fine.

Can confirm. SF600 here and no noise at all. Only hear the purr of my case fans. Nothing coming from PSU.

Had my SF600 replaced and the high pitched sound seems to be gone, but it's still not stopping the fan at idle and seems to have slight coil buzzing instead. Power draw from the wall is ~40W.

Edit: some very strange fan behaviour of my 2nd SF600 at "idle", reminiscent of the SX-500LG. Sometimes the fan stops, sometimes it spins like this. All at 40-50W load.

Last edited:
Had my SF600 replaced and the high pitched sound seems to be gone, but it's still not stopping the fan at idle and seems to have slight coil buzzing instead. Power draw from the wall is ~40W.

Edit: some very strange fan behaviour of my 2nd SF600 at "idle", reminiscent of the SX-500LG. Sometimes the fan stops, sometimes it spins like this. All at 40-50W load.

I just got my SF600 yesterday after coming from a SX-500LG, and while I am not getting the galloping/ticking sounds I had with the 500LG, I do notice slight buzzing sound which may just be motor noise, but in order to hear this I have to put my ear fairly close to the case. At this point of time I prefer the acoustics of my Cryorig C7 fan which also uses a high-ish static pressure 92mm fan, but have yet to compare them under high load.

I have the corsair cf600 and the c7 on an i7 4790k. The c7 is the loudest in the system whne it goes above 60-70%. The psu even in load (gtx 770) i can't hear anything.

Have any of you guys ordered the custom cables from cable mod configurator?
Configurator | CableMod Global Store

I was going to ask what length sizes you guys got, or did you just get the default listed per the website? (i.e. 300-400mm).

Any opinions on ModMesh vs ModFlex?

I have the corsair cf600 and the c7 on an i7 4790k. The c7 is the loudest in the system whne it goes above 60-70%. The psu even in load (gtx 770) i can't hear anything.
Yes, but I am assuming the C7 is operating at a higher rpm. If we compare them both at similar rpms or starting voltage then this may not be the case.

I looked into ordering custom cables, but it looks like I'd have to spend more on the cables than the PSU itself. I think I'm going to try to build some, but am waiting for the PSU to show up first so I can sort out what lengths I need. I'm also wondering whether to use a single sleeve for each cable run, or sleeve each individual wire. The single sleeve is probably better for airflow. As far as I understand, the only reason to sleeve each individual wire is for looks, and I'm not too concerned about that, just want things nice and tidy.

I looked into ordering custom cables, but it looks like I'd have to spend more on the cables than the PSU itself. I think I'm going to try to build some, but am waiting for the PSU to show up first so I can sort out what lengths I need. I'm also wondering whether to use a single sleeve for each cable run, or sleeve each individual wire. The single sleeve is probably better for airflow. As far as I understand, the only reason to sleeve each individual wire is for looks, and I'm not too concerned about that, just want things nice and tidy.
Individually sleeved cables are also more flexible for the most part. Which is a godsend in sff cases. Also if you sleeve them all in one you'll have to carefully label each wire so the pinouts are correct and you don't fry your rig, it's easy to keep track when you're doing it one wire at a time. Just some food for thought, it's your rig so build it the way you want.

Individually sleeved cables are also more flexible for the most part. Which is a godsend in sff cases. Also if you sleeve them all in one you'll have to carefully label each wire so the pinouts are correct and you don't fry your rig, it's easy to keep track when you're doing it one wire at a time. Just some food for thought, it's your rig so build it the way you want.
Very good points, thanks. The best combination of flexibility, easy of assembly, and airflow seems like it would actually be entirely unsleeved cables. The wire used is already insulated, so sleeving is really just for aesthetics. A single cable sleeve may help with organization and airflow, but as you said it will increase the difficulty in assembling the cable and make the cable less flexible. Individual sleeves offer none of the organizational benefits, and add volume to the cable, thereby restricting airflow. Their only real purpose is for aesthetics.

Hello Everybody,

i have a Corsair SF600 PSU and a Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro GPU. I´ve bought this Graphics card because every Review from it said it has no coil whining. I had two of this GPU´s, both have very loud coil whining. Some people told me that the psu might influence this behavior. Does anybody else have problems with GPU coil whining and the SF600 PSU?

Thanks in advance

I was going to order custom ModFlex cables from cablemod for this Corsair SF600 powersupply, since I do not see any available anywhere else:
Configurator | CableMod Global Store

I wanted the shortest possible cables to minimize cablement aka cable clutter and have full airflow. Is their a method any of you guys use to find the smallest cable length (mm)? A tape measure? Obviously I didn't want to pay 20-30$ for a cable and have it be too short, so I didn't know if there was a rule of thumb where people usually make the cable 50-100mm longer to avoid that?

Back