Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply redbeard. I'm even happier that I pre-ordered it now ;)

So was that a no on sound dampening? I imagine the hard drive caddys have rubber vibration reduction, but are the side panels just straight metal?

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply redbeard. I'm even happier that I pre-ordered it now ;)

So was that a no on sound dampening? I imagine the hard drive caddys have rubber vibration reduction, but are the side panels just straight metal?

Well they're metal, but they're not straight. They're actually bent at compound curves to match the side curve of the case (which gives you more room for taller CPU heatsinks and cables behind the motherboard tray).

But yeah, there's no sound dampening on them. The hard drives are isolated with rubber grommets on the caddies, and the fans are all mounted with rubber grommets as well. The case is actually very quiet. In our tests when we added sound dampening it didn't really affect the noise level of the case very much unless you had a few really high-end GPUs in there blowing at full blast. The hard drive noise wasn't very noticeable.

Also, good noise dampening stuff ain't cheap. Anybody can glue foam to a side panel, but that doesn't really do that much in most situations. We might look at a silence-oriented version in the future, but by default it's quieter than the 800D and nobody has complained about 800D noise levels to me.

Redbeard when is corsair going to replace the pics and how willl we know the difference i know it sounds stupid but if it is the case at the same angle and everything then we might not pay attetion and miss the new mods to the case when will we know. the suspence is killing.

Redbeard when is corsair going to replace the pics and how willl we know the difference i know it sounds stupid but if it is the case at the same angle and everything then we might not pay attetion and miss the new mods to the case when will we know. the suspence is killing.

I'll let you know by posting them here. Probably won't be until next week. Post-processing on the images takes a few days to get the lighting and white balance and dust removal and all that stuff right.

Say redbeard, is it just me or does the 600t's interior have a darker/stronger black interior than the 800d? Whether it is just the lighting in the photos making it seem darker or if it actually is darker, that shade of black looks better.

Say redbeard, is it just me or does the 600t's interior have a darker/stronger black interior than the 800d? Whether it is just the lighting in the photos making it seem darker or if it actually is darker, that shade of black looks better.

The 800D has a textured finish, very much like our PSUs. The 600T is a standard kind of black paint. In real life, it looks a lot darker because it doesn't have the same texturing.

Also, one of the funny things about the shade of grey we painted the case is that it's actually much closer in color to "black" optical drives. They really aren't black so much as a very dark charcoal color, so most of them match the finish of the 600T really closely.

Pretty sweet when you see how close it matches in real life.

The 800D has a textured finish, very much like our PSUs. The 600T is a standard kind of black paint. In real life, it looks a lot darker because it doesn't have the same texturing.

Also, one of the funny things about the shade of grey we painted the case is that it's actually much closer in color to "black" optical drives. They really aren't black so much as a very dark charcoal color, so most of them match the finish of the 600T really closely.

Pretty sweet when you see how close it matches in real life.

i'd like to see that untextured finish in the interior of the 600D ;). Looks great.

Wow price just jumped for preorder on Amazon from 143.99 to $159.99, glad I got in at 143.99:D

Photos should be up this week - just looking at them now, it's hard to tell the difference.

Also, we've shipped out some review units so you'll see reviews start popping up soon.

I almost pulled the trigger last week on I7 930 and 800D. Glad I waited on both :)
600t and cheaper i7 950 very soon

Looks like there's five or six of us so far. Hopefully just a few more weeks to go.

bobthfd (me)
scurbdog
beavermanA
ccg07
tylerdvorak
RhoXS

alonan ? Not sure if alonan said he ordered one or not.

Last edited:
I ordered one last week as soon as it appeared on Newegg's site along with an H50. I have to admit, even though I am a year away from full retirement age, I have never lost my impatience for a new toy.

I am sure Corsair has significant incentive to get this case on the street so they can start getting a return on a very large capital investment. However, I still wish they would release the US inventory as soon as it arrives in this country and not wait for a simultaneous release in both the US and Europe (as they said they were going to do a few weeks ago). I am an engineer and do not have an MBA so I do not understand the marketing that is causing them to hold up US sales while the container ship makes it slow trip to Europe. Sorry for complaining Corsair but you seem to have a great new product, I am very spoiled, and want it now!

I ordered one last week as soon as it appeared on Newegg's site along with an H50. I have to admit, even though I am a year away from full retirement age, I have never lost my impatience for a new toy.

I am sure Corsair has significant incentive to get this case on the street so they can start getting a return on a very large capital investment. However, I still wish they would release the US inventory as soon as it arrives in this country and not wait for a simultaneous release in both the US and Europe (as they said they were going to do a few weeks ago). I am an engineer and do not have an MBA so I do not understand the marketing that is causing them to hold up US sales while the container ship makes it slow trip to Europe. Sorry for complaining Corsair but you seem to have a great new product, I am very spoiled, and want it now!

I think you might misunderstand - the factory that builds the cases is in China. The boats to the US and Europe are both on the water now. No intentional delays - as soon as the containers land at the resellers that ordered them they are permitted to sell them.

Thanks Redbeard. I did indeed misunderstand what you said. Curious, are you one of the Corsair principals?

I hope newegg gets the first ones...That would be great. You should definitely make sure that Newegg gets their cases first, and then make sure that they overnight everything to my house so I can have it asap. You can do that, right? :)

Thanks Redbeard. I did indeed misunderstand what you said. Curious, are you one of the Corsair principals?

I'm the Product Manager for Cases & Cooling - been here 6 years, started out as a lab technician binning high-end memory modules so we could differentiate DDR1 modules from stuff we could sell at 275 MHz and stuff we could sell at 200 MHz.

I'm not one of the founders, if that's what you mean.

I hope newegg gets the first ones...That would be great. You should definitely make sure that Newegg gets their cases first, and then make sure that they overnight everything to my house so I can have it asap. You can do that, right? :)

Newegg will be the first place in the US to get them for sale.

so I was thinking about using the H70 (and replace the stock fans with 2 Scythe GT 15 fans) with this case.

but when I look at this picture (source) it looks like things will be a little crowded in there with a bigger rad and an extra fan.

do you think I can mount the H70 at the front (like this) (and mount the drive next to the PSU)? that would make the interior look cleaner when the side window comes out and will allow me to add this fan in the back to break the black and add some extra bling.

so I was thinking about using the H70 (and replace the stock fans with 2 Scythe GT 15 fans) with this case.

but when I look at this picture (source) it looks like things will be a little crowded in there with a bigger rad and an extra fan.

do you think I can mount the H70 at the front (like this) (and mount the drive next to the PSU)? that would make the interior look cleaner when the side window comes out and will allow me to add this fan in the back to break the black and add some extra bling.
I'm pretty sure its not recommended to put the pump at the bottom of the setup(It stresses the pump much more). Its big, but if you put one of the fans out the back of the case, it should look fine. Plus the hard drive cages are at the front, and its a 200mm fan up there as well, so I don't see how you could do that anyway.

Back