Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

If you put a 240mm rad up top, will there be room a for 120 on the back or will everything sit too low and interfere?

I should have a final production unit here next week - I can give this a shot. I didn't try it on the prototypes because the screwhole spacing was wonky. I think it'll fit though.

I should have a final production unit here next week - I can give this a shot. I didn't try it on the prototypes because the screwhole spacing was wonky. I think it'll fit though.

Please post pix of that if you can.

And, oh yeah, the rest of the final product too :D

Hey, REDBEARD will the 600t ship in august for the US, and also there has been some talk about the CORSAIR H70. I am currently holding off on the H50, so is there anything you can tell us about the H70. It would be nice if the two would drop at the same time :)

Hey, REDBEARD will the 600t ship in august for the US, and also there has been some talk about the CORSAIR H70. I am currently holding off on the H50, so is there anything you can tell us about the H70. It would be nice if the two would drop at the same time :)

The 600T won't show up for sale until mid September anywhere in the world, because the containers won't leave Asia until mid August. Giving 3-4 weeks to get to the US and 4-5 weeks to get to Europe, you're seeing mid to late September before it's on shelves/etail.

As for H70, I can't comment on unannounced products. Sorry.

I just don't like the look of the tower... it looks like a sort of Lian Li exterior with super low-budget interior.

As far as I can tell the only similarities there are a mesh front panel and a fan control knob.

The fans, usb ports, all black interior and side bulges are similar also. Not exactly though. The 600T will be the better case but it will take a few weeks for the price to drop. $120-130 is the sweet spot.

I love the case.

Just wondering, were there any changes or tweaks made to the case for retail release? or nothing changed since the computex debut?

No it's not, and since embargo was already broken once we basically know for sure that a H70 is coming, and given the ECO 240 was just released, it will probably be a dual rad as well.

What embargo? On a press release? Is there a leaked text somewhere? And what is the H70? ECO 240? Engineering Change Order? Usually an ECO applies to a modification on an existing product.

x509

I love the case.

Just wondering, were there any changes or tweaks made to the case for retail release? or nothing changed since the computex debut?

Mesh was opened up a bit, color was improved, fit and finish improved, USB 3.0 port tested and improved, etc, etc. Cases take a long time to polish to perfection. Could have sold it in May if we didn't care about quality.

Ugh i dont know if i can wait that long for the 600t. I need to upgrade my P180, as its too cramp inside.

NZXT Phantom or 600t D:

Ugh i dont know if i can wait that long for the 600t. I need to upgrade my P180, as its too cramp inside.

NZXT Phantom or 600t D:
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm sick of my 180B. I have the first revision before they put the wires behind the motherboard (WHY didn't they do this to begin with?!).

Between the tow cases I'd go with the 600t hands down! the NZXT looks pretty cheaply put together and overall "meh".

I'm still awaiting pix of the finish product :D :cool:

Can't wait to see the final production pictures :D

Hopefully it comes with a side window as i don't want to spend another 20-30 dollars to purchase one.

It's time to build another kick ass PC for me! Which means a new PC Case to pick out, and this Corsair Graphite 600T case is the front runner for me.

While the new 600T checks a lot of boxes off my wish list, there are more boxes to be had before perfection sets in.

For one, case makers need to start using better dust filters please. From what I have seen, most implementations of dust filters are half ass at best, hardly useful in actual dust filtering. While I really like the 800D's dust filter pics (I've never seen them in person), I'm not sure about the 600T's. Are they any better than my old case, the CM Sniper, which had crap filters IMHO? I dunno yet. We will see.

Second, I love case designs that have built in handles, so bravo on that feature of the 600T.

Thirdly, please for the love of god, put in 120mm fan holes everywhere, so I can upgrade the *likely* standard sleeve fan offerings to high end ball bearing 120mm Gentle Typhoons! Don't make me use zip ties now. Cooler Master is keen on this with the Sniper design, does the 600T have those 120mm options as well?

Forth, I won't hook up your crazy fan controller, unless it is of the highest quality in both knob feel and performance, so if you are going to put a knob there I can't remove, make it the best knob you can.

The 600T does not seem to be as high end as the 800D though, shame, as what I really want is the apparently better air flow path in the 600T built like an 800D.

Last edited:
Why firewire on the top panel? eSata seems the better choice for that spot.

Steve

Redbeard how are we looking on the final production unit =0 also will you have the side window/mesh panel too with the final production unit?

Also wondering if there will be a window version and how much (hopefully nothing!) that will add to the MSRP.

I am looking forward with much anticipation to purchasing a 600T and H50 cooler. In my opinion the 600T is a really nice appearing case. It also seems to have some well thought out cable management features. The large open internal space also makes this case very desireable.The window is not at all imortant to me and, in fact, I prefer not to have a window.

In a previous post it was implied that US sales would have to wait until the European market also received their containers. I do not know why this is necessary as this will delay US sales by a few weeks. I am anxious to get the 600T because I just had to replace my power supply and now have an open case with a mess of hanging wires as it made no sense to spend any time making harnesses and routing cables for just a month or two. I have an MEE, not an MBA, so I do not begin to understand the marketing strategy that intentionally delays sales so two markets separated by at least 3000 miles can be synchronized.

RhoXS, Consider the H70. looks like it will be a bit better in terms of cooling ;)

pwrusr, Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are correct that the H70 will provide better cooling than the H50. However, I suspect it does this at a price; more noise and more inside case real estate used.

Currently, I've managed to build a very quiet (but not silent) system by using large slow quiet fans and the Freezone Peltier cooler. I am hoping the 600T and H50 combination will be even quieter, equally as effective, and use much less internal case volume. I wonder how the noise level and effectiveness of the H70 running with fans at 1600 rpm instead of the max 2000 rpm would compare to the single fan H50? My design basis is to establish reasonable temperatures that assure long term reliability but I do not feel compelled to establish the lowest CPU core temps possible (especially not at the expense of more noise).

I also just noticed that Newegg does not carry the H70. Is it available yet?

Thanks for the suggestion. I intend to call Corsair on Monday and see if I can get an opinion about my question comparing the H70/50 above.

Last edited:
pwrusr, Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are correct that the H70 will provide better cooling than the H50. However, I suspect it does this at a price; more noise and more inside case real estate used.

Currently, I've managed to build a very quiet (but not silent) system by using large slow quiet fans and the Freezone Peltier cooler. I am hoping the 600T and H50 combination will be even quieter, equally as effective, and use much less internal case volume. I wonder how the noise level and effectiveness of the H70 running with fans at 1600 rpm instead of the max 2000 rpm would compare to the single fan H50? My design basis is to establish reasonable temperatures that assure long term reliability but I do not feel compelled to establish the lowest CPU core temps possible (especially not at the expense of more noise).

I also just noticed that Newegg does not carry the H70. Is it available yet?

Thanks for the suggestion. I intend to call Corsair on Monday and see if I can get an opinion about my question comparing the H70/50 above.

Why get a single rad cooling solution when this case can accept a dual-fan 240mm rad setup? I know "coolit" makes something like this.
Though I'm likely going to go with a full custom setup and will be able to run two fans instead of just one on the rad.:cool:

Eh, ill add my opinion.

I was at frys this past weekend and i saw the 800D. I literally creamed myself. It had all the style of a g70 from a lian li, but it had all the places in the world for me to route my cables, AND it had hotswap bays. It included a spot for a 360 rad up top, and even if i really really wanted to i could run a 240 on the bottom too. radiator overkill is awesome! the side window was cut classily and cleanly.
It was a no fuss box, straight edges all around. everything felt super solid.

But i feel that the 600t should have been a miniturized version of this box. maybe jettison the hotswap bays to keep costs down.
Also (this is imo, some will like it) but the case looks like an egg... and not in a good way like the cosmos 1k. Pc components are all square and edgy, so an egg smooth shape rarely ever goes down well.
Also whats with the mesh grills? it causes the already incongrous egg shape to go down even worse.

Last edited:
But i feel that the 600t should have been a miniturized version of this box. maybe jettison the hotswap bays to keep costs down.

Also (this is imo, some will like it) but the case looks like an egg... and not in a good way like the cosmos 1k. Pc components are all square and edgy, so an egg smooth shape rarely ever goes down well.
Also whats with the mesh grills? it causes the already incongrous egg shape to go down even worse.

I think you'd like it more if you saw it in person, but you're not the only one that wants a mid-tower 800D.

Case development times are very long, and we were working on the 600T before the 800D was even released last year.

So once the 800D came out and people wanted a mid-tower version, we realized that a lot of people liked the exterior of the 800D and are looking at future products in the Obsidian family. Can't say much more than that, but we're not ignoring you guys.

Redbeard! Any pics yet? :D

I wanna see the final version before putting in a pre-order@NCIX

A mid tower version of the 800D (with all the 800D features) is exactly what I need. I would have purchased the 800D instantly last week but I have a 23 3/8" max height limitation that will prevent the 24" high 800D from fitting under my desk. As it is the 23.3" depth of the 600T is going to be a bit overwhelming but I think it will be OK.

I am kind of glad Corsair does not have a mid tower 800D available now as the 600T, in my opinion, is aesthetically nicer because it is a change from the harsh rectangular straight edge boxes without being too radical. I might change my mind once I have it (if Corsair ever gets it to market - I'm impatient because I have a mess now) but from the pictures I really like its appearance.

I think you'd like it more if you saw it in person, but you're not the only one that wants a mid-tower 800D.

Case development times are very long, and we were working on the 600T before the 800D was even released last year.

So once the 800D came out and people wanted a mid-tower version, we realized that a lot of people liked the exterior of the 800D and are looking at future products in the Obsidian family. Can't say much more than that, but we're not ignoring you guys.

All I have to say about this mythical 600D is HURRY UP!!

All kidding aside. The more I look at the 600T, the more I like it. However, I won't be purchasing it because I am quite satisfied with my ATCS 840 at the moment. My next case purchase, assuming it retains the functionality and looks to the 800D, will be the 600D whenever it is released this decade.

I think I'm going to get the 600T or the Fractal Design R3, whoever can get it to my door first. A 600D would be my first preference, but I'm overdue for a new case (running a centurion 5 that I hate right now). I didn't like the look of the 600T at first, but it's grown on me. It also has all of the features I want. Also, I saw a 700D at microcenter, and as long as the 600T is close in quality, it'll be a good buy at $150.

You guys are the best.

And FWIW, while I initially disliked the 600T case, I really grew to like it after seeing some videos on Youtube. I particularly like how the structure allows it to be carried from "handles" at the top. It makes sense since people are more likely to take a mid-tower to a LAN party. A 600D, awesome as it would be, would be more difficult to carry given that you would have to pick it up from the bottom.

Either way, choice is good, and its cool that you guys listen to your customers. Now give me an HTPC case that can fit full size video cards. ;)

Just wondering if this case will fit the P6T7 Supercomputer? It says EATX on the Corsair site, but NCIX lists it at ATX only. It looks like it should fit though, with a 1" overhang. Looking for confirmation.

Just wondering if this case will fit the P6T7 Supercomputer? It says EATX on the Corsair site, but NCIX lists it at ATX only. It looks like it should fit though, with a 1" overhang. Looking for confirmation.

Where does it say EATX for the 600T?

The 600T does not support EATX, if you see it on our website somewhere please let me know so I can fix it.

Back