Corsair: 650D

Does your 650D have that hole like mine?

Mine had that hole. I just screwed in a spare brass standoff from my parts bin. The hole was threaded to take one. I don't see it as a defect; Corsair just didn't put a standoff there. My board would have mounted just fine without it, I'm just picky like that.

The hole couldn't cause your grounding error. Consider that all of your standoffs available should already be grounding the mainboard. The only way I see a grounding error could happen is if there is a standoff touching where your board does not have a mounting hole (make sure you compare the hole pattern of your mainboard to where the standoffs are in the case and that it matches up) or if you have something else causing contact. Even then, the case has a painted floor, making accidental grounding less likely.

Good news from Newegg.

I chatted with them today and mentioned that with the case damaged rather have a refund than risk another case shipped over. Granted an RMA, plus paid shipping back. :)

I found local vendor selling the case for the same price so figured it would be less risk picking it up locally.

Epilogue to my 650D problems: I picked up an Antec 902 V3 case, earlier today. Installed everything, powered on perfectly and running smoothly since 4pm. :)

I still haven't received any replies from Redbeard or Kelvin at Corsair. If I don't hear from them in the next few days, screw'em. I'll be listing 2 brand new 650D cases in the FS/FT section. $150 each (free shipping).

Epilogue to my 650D problems: I picked up an Antec 902 V3 case, earlier today. Installed everything, powered on perfectly and running smoothly since 4pm. :)

I still haven't received any replies from Redbeard or Kelvin at Corsair. If I don't hear from them in the next few days, screw'em. I'll be listing 2 brand new 650D cases in the FS/FT section. $150 each (free shipping).

i sent redbeard a private message, profile comment and friend request and he has not got back with me in the past week. and i can tell he has been logging on everyday in his profile..... wtf? i want my warped plastic window fixed!......

i sent redbeard a private message, profile comment and friend request and he has not got back with me in the past week. and i can tell he has been logging on everyday in his profile..... wtf? i want my warped plastic window fixed!......
Exactly. I've sent multiple PMs and e-mails (always politely worded) since April. After responding quickly to my first messages, I've heard nothing in response to my repeated follow-ups.

Exactly. I've sent multiple PMs and e-mails (always politely worded) since April. After responding quickly to my first messages, I've heard nothing in response to my repeated follow-ups.

I'm thinking he may be on vacation or something. He responded to my request quickly regarding missing H60 parts and I received more replacement parts than I know what to do with.

Folks.. just because you can post it instantly, doesn't mean it will be resolved instantly.

Remember, your issue is just 1 of 5 or 6 on this forum, which is just 1 of the 30 or so forums he probably is dealing with.

Your best thing would be to post over on his own forum, tripling up the support staff.

Folks.. just because you can post it instantly, doesn't mean it will be resolved instantly.

Remember, your issue is just 1 of 5 or 6 on this forum, which is just 1 of the 30 or so forums he probably is dealing with.

Your best thing would be to post over on his own forum, tripling up the support staff.
Did that months ago. Never expected instant resolution. Patience wears out after 4 months with the same problem.

Patience is fine the 1st few weeks, Maybe a month, But when it goes into the 2nd month, Then 3rd, Then 4th, Patience begins to wear thin.

I did a thread search and didn't find this --

Does anyone know if the BitFenix Spectre 230mm fans will fit the front intake (assuming you move the drive cage of course)? My understanding is that these fans will fit a 200mm mount pattern, but I wanted to know if someone has done it.

Patience is fine the 1st few weeks, Maybe a month, But when it goes into the 2nd month, Then 3rd, Then 4th, Patience begins to wear thin.

Agreed.

I did a thread search and didn't find this --

Does anyone know if the BitFenix Spectre 230mm fans will fit the front intake (assuming you move the drive cage of course)? My understanding is that these fans will fit a 200mm mount pattern, but I wanted to know if someone has done it.

Agreed.

Doubt that fan fits as its mounting holes are probably above the holes for the 200mm?

Doubt that fan fits as its mounting holes are probably above the holes for the 200mm?

Not sure. My understanding was that they fit 200mm mount holes --assuming the fan bezel fits the case.

Was just wondering if anyone had tried it. 200m fans seem to be so hit-or-miss. The specs on that one are good, and it should mount as intake or exhaust without needing bolts --if only it fits. I'm still wishing Scythe would step up and make a nice 200mm fan --or that Corsair will change the 650D to allow substituting two 120mm fans in the front down the line, like they do with the top of the case.

I have also read in several forums that the Corsair fan blade diameter is 200mm, but that the mounting holes are 230mm hole-to-hole.

Last edited:
I also wish Scythe would step up their game and make 140mm and 200mm GT's, i am also using the BitFenix Spectre fans in my 650D, they are very good fans and really not very noisy at all, atm i have the 200mm as an intake and 2 140mm's as outtakes on the case roof, the stock fans where to noisy for my liking, all i can hear is the bastard fan of my 5970.

Ohh and hi all! have been following this thread for sometime and it convinced me to buy this case, it came in the mail yesterday.

Will post some pics as soon as I can take some good ones :)

I also wish Scythe would step up their game and make 140mm and 200mm GT's, i am also using the BitFenix Spectre fans in my 650D, they are very good fans and really not very noisy at all, atm i have the 200mm as an intake and 2 140mm's as outtakes on the case roof, the stock fans where to noisy for my liking, all i can hear is the bastard fan of my 5970.

Ohh and hi all! have been following this thread for sometime and it convinced me to buy this case, it came in the mail yesterday.

Will post some pics as soon as I can take some good ones :)

Actually, Scythe DOES make 140mm fans. They may not be GTs, But they seem pretty nice :p

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata..._id=73&sort=20a&main_page=index&filter_id=845

Any thoughts on how to make this case a positive air pressure setup without sacrificing much cooling power? My computer is already very dusty inside...:(

Actually, Scythe DOES make 140mm fans. They may not be GTs, But they seem pretty nice :p

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata..._id=73&sort=20a&main_page=index&filter_id=845

The Kaze Maru fans use sleeve bearings, as opposed to the balanced ball-bearings of the GTs, or the Fluid Dynamic Bearings of the Kama Flow 2's. They are rated for lower life (only 20,000 hours compared to 100,000 for the GTs), and some models have a reputation for being noisier unless you have a fan controller.

The Kaze Maru fans use sleeve bearings, as opposed to the balanced ball-bearings of the GTs, or the Fluid Dynamic Bearings of the Kama Flow 2's. They are rated for lower life (only 20,000 hours compared to 100,000 for the GTs), and some models have a reputation for being noisier unless you have a fan controller.

Well the 650 does :) or use an regular controller :)

True they are sleeve bearing fans, But they do produce more air flow I would imagine.

Well the 650 does :) or use an regular controller :)

True they are sleeve bearing fans, But they do produce more air flow I would imagine.

Probably a bit more, but I'd probably be willing to go with a slightly higher-rpm Gentle Typhoon to get the same airflow, just due to the shorter lifespan of the Kaze Marus.

Btw, I can never think about the Kaze Marus without thinking of the Kobayashi Maru. :)

The GT's are awesome even at 1300rpm they are more then good enough is a push pull config to cool any rad, with the increase is life span and how dam quite they are it is win win, if anyone from Scythe is reading, please make 140mm and 200mm GT's

.......must take some pics.....

The GT's are awesome even at 1300rpm they are more then good enough is a push pull config to cool any rad, with the increase is life span and how dam quite they are it is win win, if anyone from Scythe is reading, please make 140mm and 200mm GT's

.......must take some pics.....

Kama Flow 2's would be equally welcome. Their Fluid Dynamic Bearings make them very quiet. I don't know if they have the same static pressure as the GTs, but they have great airflow, without a lot of noise.

I have some of the S-Flex FDB fans that came just before the Kama Flow 2's, and they are great.

out of interest, is it pos to remove the front I/O panel to disconnect leads that one does not need, for example the USB3's and Firewire, this would make hiding cables a little easier.

pic of my 650d, sorry about the lame pics had to use cell phone will try and get better when i can sort out my proper camera.

enjoy ;)

IMAG0016-1.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

out of interest, is it pos to remove the front I/O panel to disconnect leads that one does not need, for example the USB3's and Firewire, this would make hiding cables a little easier.

Yes, I did it.

Take off front panel, then remove 2 screws for the plastic cover, remove 2 silver screws on the plastic cover, Gently pry up the the clips on the back, sides and front.

After that, The usb, firewire and so forth cables just simply pull up. You can even change the led wires with another color (I did, mine are now both red) with 5mm leds.

If changing the leds, make sure that you get led wires with out a resistor in the wire, as it makes it very stiff and hard to bend, But its possible to do even havng the resistor.

I took off the firewire and 2 usb3.0 cables, since I have 8 usb3.0s on back of mobo.

Back