• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

very nice rig satoshi

Thanks man, and thanks to all on the forum for the tips and ideas ;)

@pman065 - the front intake is a BitFenix Spectre 200mm, the top mounted fans are 140mm Spectres, fans on the rad (altho you can only see one - i have one mounted on the outside) are Scythe GT's, hope that answers your question.

@fantomau - thanks for the help, i looked but could not work it out.

using an odd fan set up but it seems to work well, intake on front, intake at rear of case too (push/pull thru rad) and outtakes on the top.
 
Last edited:
Love the clean look of this case, might be something for me when I buy my new components because my first generation antec 300 is getting too small.

A few questions:
Is the front fan issue fixed already? I mean a redesign, not the "here's a kit, fix it yourself"
I will only be using 3 hard drives, so if I remove the top cage and place the bottom cage next to the PSU, will I be able to fit any 200mm fan in the front? Or will I still be restricted with the thinner 200mm fans?
 
I will only be using 3 hard drives, so if I remove the top cage and place the bottom cage next to the PSU, will I be able to fit any 200mm fan in the front? Or will I still be restricted with the thinner 200mm fans?

If you put the drive cage next to the PSU, Of course you can put a 200x30mm fan in front.:D
 
If you put the drive cage next to the PSU, Of course you can put a 200x30mm fan in front.:D

I tried so hard to not make myself look like a fool and now you go and say this... :D
I thought there were brackets that held it, so it wouldn't let you go "fatter". But I guess you'll need other screws to attach it?
 
I tried so hard to not make myself look like a fool and now you go and say this... :D
I thought there were brackets that held it, so it wouldn't let you go "fatter". But I guess you'll need other screws to attach it?

You take out the cage and the plastic part and you can install 200x30mm fans. I installed a coolermaster megaflow 200x30mm fan in the front with the cage and plastic part off with regular fan screws.
 
Just replaced my power supply with a Seasonic. Cleaned up my cables even further, I'll have to post pics shortly.

Also found a Directron sale on 1400rpm Scythe Kama Flow 2 120mm FDB fans, and ordered them to go push-pull on my Thermalright TRUE Black. I need to get some sleeving before I do it though, as I'm out.
 
You take out the cage and the plastic part and you can install 200x30mm fans. I installed a coolermaster megaflow 200x30mm fan in the front with the cage and plastic part off with regular fan screws.

Were you able to put the cage back on in front, or did you have to move it to the middle?
 
Were you able to put the cage back on in front, or did you have to move it to the middle?

Cant move it to the middle, My PSU is a AX1200, And its too long to put there. I dont use the cages anyway, I use external enclosures.
 
Cant move it to the middle, My PSU is a AX1200, And its too long to put there. I dont use the cages anyway, I use external enclosures.

Okay, question, for you, or anyone else here.

I noticed that there is still a gap between the Corsair 200mm fan and the black plastic mount for the front cages. I'm assuming the Corsair fan is 25mm depth like most of the shallower ones, meaning there's just a bit more depth there.

As I don't have a way to test, do you know if, once you have mounted the Cooler Master Megaflow in the front of the case, the plastic mount and drive cage could go back in without issue? I know the case isn't supposed to fit 30mm fans without moving the cage back, but I don't know if anyone has tried it. I myself canot move my drive cage to the middle, my Seasonic PSU is just a little too large.

I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if I knew I could get it to fit.
 
Any update on the mesh side panel for the 650 Redbeard?

We had a mid-August ETA but we're sadly at the end of the month and there's been no word on the Corsair website.
 
Here's mine
IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg
 
If anyone is interested in a Silverstone 180mm Fan to use as a front intake- PM me- I have one for sale :)
 
Well, I am sadly returning my Asrock board. It's a great board design, engineering, and production quality-wise. However, Asrock America support is sadly lacking, and when I had a few minor quirks (probably rev 1.00 BIOS issues), I could get no help other than "Return the board".

So I am -- and buying a Gigabyte instead. Sad, because I loved the board I had. Guess I'll have some new system pics next week.
 
I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if I knew I could get it to fit.

The front fan design of this case is its achilles heel. I suspect Corsair heard all of us bitching and addressed it in the carbide cases. I am pretty sure it is limited to 25mm when the cage is there. Sorry, too lazy to measure now since I moved the cage to the middle.

I have (2) GTX 580's, (6) 140mm fans, (2) 120mm fans, (1) SSD, (2) 7200 RPM hdd's. The CPU and GPU's are overclocked and a good 850 or 750 PSU is more than enough.

Anyways, you don't have to use their fabricated mounting holes. See page 59. The inlet fan made an annoying noise when pulling suction through the grill, so I cut the fan grill out with a dremel and mounted a TY-140 using rubber plugs (I only use PWM fans). Not sure why they punched a grill there when the filter does the trick? Took about 20 minutes. I covered the entire thing with shopping bags to keep the chips and dust out. Just trace the fan pattern with a grease pen and go slow with a reinforced cutting wheel at maximum speed. Shop Vac the inside with a fuzzy brush and you are good to go. I also added a 120mm intake fan in the 5.25 bay. I replaced the plastic covers with the mesh covers from a 600T and cut a square inside a block of open cell foam to mount the fan. Took about 15 minutes. The upper fan feeds the CPU and the lower fan feeds the GPU's.

The stock coolers on the GTX 580's are too loud and the VRM's get way too hot in my opinion. I'm working on a fix for that and will post photos if it works.
 
Hmmm. I'm going to have to measure and see if I could mod the front to take two 120mm fans.
 
If this case could mount some fans on the side (without wasting my time having to mod) I would be all over it.
 
Would be nice to see a retail revision of this case with:

1) Different/better quality front fant
2) Included solid side-panel, different SKU for case with solid/mesh, or at least major partners stocking them
3) USB3 front header support
 
Well, seeing as not even Corsair has the side panel yet, its hard to ask for it to be sold everywhere.
 
It has USB3.0 support, Just no USB3.0 to mobo header cable.

Bitfenix finally got a few of their female-to-10pin header USB3 adapters in stock this weekend, so I put one on order. I agree with others that the time has come to make the front ports go to a header connector though.

1) Different/better quality front fan

Rather than improving the front case fan, I think Corsair just needs to modify the case front slightly to allow 200x30mm fans without removing the front drive bays. The depth is already there for a 27-28mm fan (assuming such a beast existed); all they need to do is make a few minor modifications. There would be a lot of happy people who could then easily fit a Cooler Master Megaflow, or a Bitfenix Spectre 230 x 30mm.
 
Bitfenix finally got a few of their female-to-10pin header USB3 adapters in stock this weekend, so I put one on order. I agree with others that the time has come to make the front ports go to a header connector though.


Has anyone actually received one of these yet? I ordered one, too, as I just can't stand having the USB cables running out the back of my case.

Once this is delivered and I the side mesh panel is available, I think I will have the perfect case.
 
Bitfenix finally got a few of their female-to-10pin header USB3 adapters in stock this weekend, so I put one on order. I agree with others that the time has come to make the front ports go to a header connector though.



Rather than improving the front case fan, I think Corsair just needs to modify the case front slightly to allow 200x30mm fans without removing the front drive bays. The depth is already there for a 27-28mm fan (assuming such a beast existed); all they need to do is make a few minor modifications. There would be a lot of happy people who could then easily fit a Cooler Master Megaflow, or a Bitfenix Spectre 230 x 30mm.

I agree with you here. I really like everything about this case, except potential front fan issues. I'd almost rather just run 2x 120mm/140mm in there so you can be certain about noise/fan speed, but the ability to swap for a known quality fan like the Coolmaster would be a good option too.

And my earlier post was referring to front USB3 mobo header support, I don't want to run ugly cables through. Hopefully these two issues are fixed in a revision in the next 6 months or so.
 
I've just bought the Corsair 650D case. I have two questions:

1. Does your window side panel look blurry?
2. How do you guys clean your front dust filters?

Thanks.
 
I've just bought the Corsair 650D case. I have two questions:

1. Does your window side panel look blurry?
2. How do you guys clean your front dust filters?

Thanks.

1. No. I mean it's not like looking through glass, but it's not blurry.
2. I use an air compressor and rag.
 
1. No. I mean it's not like looking through glass, but it's not blurry.
2. I use an air compressor and rag.

Thanks for your reply. The "blurry" effect is found at the upper portion of the window panel when looking at it at an angle. Looking directly at the window, not so much. I have found that this is a common issue.
 
I was discussing with another friend who bought the 650 as well. We both felt that the only improvement to this case would be adding one inch behind the motherboard tray to increase the area for storing cables. On my computer, with all of the cables tucked away it's slightly bulging out the right case door.
 
I also think they shouldve re-thought the front

You have removable MESH front/filter, Then MESH, Then the intake fan.

Wouldve been better to not have the mesh on the case or make it removable or something.

Same goes for the 600T as well.

Alot of people cut off the mesh on the case, trying to improve intake air.
 
Back
Top