Corsair: 650D

Joe you still out there man?

Joe VIP tickets are still available for you and your gf and/or family, four games at Braves stadium behind homeplate. They are all nightgames starting at 7pm August 15 16 17 18, and the tickets include a clubhouse visit with the players if you wish and they serve you food free, lobster thrumodore, roasted lamb in brown sauce its increadible with the players after the games, the VIP tickets are $150 each, for you, free man. Just show your driver’s license at the “Will Call” booth and the VIP tickets are yours, have a great time… No strings attached just have fun!

Sent you a reply Bruce!

Any idea how much this mesh side panel is gonna cost? I'm tempted to get one and just try it out to see what it does for my CPU. That combined with Fall/Winter coming = much cooler PC. :)

Is it possible to just switch the side panels from left to right? If so, a friend has a spare that I might need to beg to get ;)

The sides are switchable, but putting the glass pane on the backside makes cable management a little more finicky. For some reason it feels like there is less width to route cables when the case is configured that way.

Is there a general consensus on best replacement front fan for the 650D?

After installing my fan controller (Lamptron FC5v2) I found while tweaking that the Corsair 200mm fans are the loudest in my case. The Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm I put in the top is much quieter, but it's 30mm in depth and I don't believe it will fit in the front; also, I really only want one LED fan.

Is Xigmatek the only option, or are there other products available?

Some have put a 180mm in the front with a minor modding...

Or movingt the harddrive cage.

The xigmatek 200mm fan wont install correctly for intake. You have to use long screws to mount it as intake as the holes are only on 1 side. I used long screws for the xigmatek 200mm and mounted it and it works pretty good.

The CM megaflow will fit, But you will have to move the front cage in order for it to fit.

It's unfortunate that the Cooler Master fan spins at a higher RPM, moves more air, and still produces less noise at 12v than the Corsair fan does at 7v.

Is there a way to use two 120mm fans in front, like in the top? I could probably make it quieter with Scythe Gentle Typhoons or Kama Flow 2s.

Ya and the bitfenix fan,Which I own now, Is the same direction as the xigmatek, To use it as a intake, You have to use long rubber screws or long screws.

Ya and the bitfenix fan,Which I own now, Is the same direction as the xigmatek, To use it as a intake, You have to use long rubber screws or long screws.

After looking more closely, I see that. That's a really annoying setup; why would a vendor do it that way?

I'll probably just stick to using the fan controller to keep the noise down on the Corsair fan for now. I'm really wishing Scythe made 200mm fans.

I mean its no big deal, Just get long metal screws w/ nuts and alls well, Thats how I have the xigmatek fan mounted :)

I mean its no big deal, Just get long metal screws w/ nuts and alls well, Thats how I have the xigmatek fan mounted :)

Yeah, that's what I did with my Antec P160 so I could mount Panaflo 120x38mm fans. Also used rubber washers to damp vibration.

Did you have to move your drive cage to account for clearance with the screws/nuts, or did you cut their lengths to fit?

I'm using a 120mm Scythe S-Flex at 800RPM, which is rated for 33.5CFM at 8.7db.

Would the 200mm make that much of a difference? Mounting the Scythe wasn't a problem at all, and I cannot hear it. Just a thought, if you really find dealing with a 200mm intake to be that much of a hassle.

I believe the Corsair fan push close to 100cfm, but I can't remember what it is exactly.
The info was posted on the Corsair forums if I'm not mistaken, but I have to look it up.

One of the most attractive accessories you can get for your 650D, IMHO.

Switchable between 7 LCD colors. Also tames the noise of the Corsair 200mm fans.

7e0bd2fe86ff389d9ca712150e06e9ae.jpg

Ya I like the FC5-V2 except for the fact that to change the colors, You must take it out of the case to do so, Which can be a pain. When I had it, I set the color and left it, But some might decide to change the color and that where the problem comes in :)

And MAKE sure you get the FC5-V2, Not the older 1, As the V2 has a better LCD display.

A better alternative is the FC8, With touch buttons to change the colors of the LEDs. Of course it doesnt have the nice digital readout as the FC5 (Maybe a new version with both might come out 1 day LOL), But it has 8 channels (50 w per channel) and looks cool. Thats what I use now.

I'm thinking about installing some Noctua fans this week, and I'm wondering if there's a configuration that would get the case to run at positive pressure with decent airflow.

As far as input or output fans are concerned we've got the 1x200mm/2x140mm/2x120mm 2x front and 2x top and 120mm rear that any 650D is going to have.

My specific configuration also has an H60 paired with push-pull 120mm's for the rear as an exhaust, a GTX 570 fan as an exhaust (not sure how much that matters) and a Seasonic X750 fan exhaust (again, not sure how much that matters). EDIT: Some random website pegs the X750 fan at almost 59CFM but I do not know if this is accurate nor how this scales depending on power draw from the PSU.

Any thoughts on how to improve this configuration? Barring any reduction in CFMs due to hard drives and the H60 cooler the delta on the CFMs should put it at positive air pressure but just barely (2 * 110 - 2 * 71 - 63 = +15CFM). But I'm still thinking it might end up being negative because of the hard drive's blocking the intake and the other parts that act as exhausts with no known CFM ratings. EDIT: If the X750 gets going the case is almost guaranteed to go negative air pressure...

Front: 2x 140mm on high, intake
Top: 2x 140mm on low, exhaust
Rear: 2x 120mm push-pull (BIOS controlled by CPU temp but open to locking it), exhaust

I'm starting to consider buying this to get the hard drives out of the way too even though I end up having to drop one optical drive:
Lian Li EX-36A3

Wonder if there's a way to tip it more in favor of positive air pressure without adding another few side panel fans...

Last edited:
are there holes to mount 2x 140mm fans in the front of the 650D? I never looked. I would love to replace the 200mm with 2x140mm if I could. if not, I plan to put 2x140mm on top as intake with a custom filter on top, and have an H50 with push/pull 120mm as exhaust to go with the 200mm in the front. that will generate enough positive pressure i think.

are there holes to mount 2x 140mm fans in the front of the 650D? I never looked. I would love to replace the 200mm with 2x140mm if I could. if not, I plan to put 2x140mm on top as intake with a custom filter on top, and have an H50 with push/pull 120mm as exhaust to go with the 200mm in the front. that will generate enough positive pressure i think.

Nope, No holes to mount a 140mm fan.

But if people can mount a 180 there, I'm sure you can mount a 140.

If you use a custom filter as intake, its gonna limit some intake air. I have a demiflex 200mm filter for the top and a 200mm demiflex filter for the front.

Well my plan is to get a demiflex for the top that covers the whole top open area, have 2x140mm fans as intake, and leave the front 200 as is for now. that way I have the 200 intake, 2x140 intake, and the H50 push/pull as the exhuast. I also have a 6950 exhausting air, but it's not reference so I dont know how well that exhaust actually is.

Right now, it seems FrozenCPU is the only vendor in the US that has any stock on the FC5v2 --everyone else is sold out. Their price is a little high, but they're the only game in town for that model (use the pcapex coupon code for 5% off).

Of course, the one nice thing about them is you can pay a little extra and have them sleeve all of the cables, assuming you don't want to do it yourself.

Right now, it seems FrozenCPU is the only vendor in the US that has any stock on the FC5v2 --everyone else is sold out. Their price is a little high, but they're the only game in town for that model (use the pcapex coupon code for 5% off).

Of course, the one nice thing about them is you can pay a little extra and have them sleeve all of the cables, assuming you don't want to do it yourself.

Not so, http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id=FANLMFC5V2

And alot cheaper too :)

For less than the FC5v2 from Frozen, You can get the FC8 for $70 - http://www.amazon.com/Lamptron-FC-FC8-B-Black-Anodized-8Ch/dp/B004X2X6FM

I didnt even use the fan cables that came with it, Because I already had extension cables :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the 800D is the best. Lots of room and cables management.

Personal Preference :).

Ive had the 800D, The 650D and now I am on to the 600T with this gorgeous clear full side window by Bill Owen of MNPCTech (Just ordered the window a few mins ago)

195764d1297778858-ordering-custom-door-600t-mnpctech-corsair600tii1.jpg

Well my plan is to get a demiflex for the top that covers the whole top open area, have 2x140mm fans as intake, and leave the front 200 as is for now. that way I have the 200 intake, 2x140 intake, and the H50 push/pull as the exhuast. I also have a 6950 exhausting air, but it's not reference so I dont know how well that exhaust actually is.

Let me know how that filter works for you. I saw the custom 650D on Performance PC's website; I'm intrigued.

Back