Corsair: 650D

See this is what i hate. The 650D offers a somewhat crude, yet functional system fan control...oh but wait, the Corsair Link system will make that all obsolete. Have fun tying off the now unused fan cables and such...lolumad?

Corsair be trolling, i tell ya.

Well with all the hubub around corsair link, i finally took a look at it.

and this was my end result.

Shut_up_and_take_my_money_RE_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/Shut_up_and_take_my_money_RE_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402.jpg[/IMG]

Lol. Me too. I want one really bad. :D

Id like to purchase one of these from newegg today.

It says model CC650DW-1. Is this the one with the new fan controller itself or does it have the fix in place on top of the old fan controller that buzzed?

Hilarious Cat1yst!;)

One thing that Mr. Redbeard did not talk about on the video was the Corsair Link support for Power Supplies. Back in January at CES they said “Corsair Link” would monitor various PSU temps and let you control the psu fan speed. But so far at Computex not a word about using it with PSUs, nothing, nada! So I don’t know if they just decided to leave PSU control out of the device OR they are simply not discussing it as to not disclose any product information about the unannounced platinum psu line-up? The plot thickens!

Last edited:

Amen! Seems that this is an accurate description of my interaction with Corsair!

So can we have an official confirmation that the H100 will fit in the top of the 650D?

Straight from the Corsair website, some great new photos and information on the H100!!!

http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydr...00-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

Corsair says:
“The low-profile integrated pump and cold plate includes push-button control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance setup that best suits your needs. The cool white LED display lets you know at a glance which profile is being used.”

Stock fans are rated 22 to 39db, way too loud for my rig, glad I ordered those Sanyo-Denki fans. Notice the four fan connectors, white LED display, support for socket LGA2011, 5-year warranty, and those extra large thumbscrews, need a bucket for all the drool, classic Corsair!

Only thing is, the fans are attached ribless will hard bolts, I will have to find a work-around for that.

h100_fanconnectors.png

h80_h100_motherboardb_1.png

h100_rad_fan_v2.png

Last edited:
See this is what i hate. The 650D offers a somewhat crude, yet functional system fan control...oh but wait, the Corsair Link system will make that all obsolete. Have fun tying off the now unused fan cables and such...lolumad?

Corsair be trolling, i tell ya.

I don't think there is some grand scheme by Corsair to steal your money without credibility; so many companies now have adopted the forward thinking chassis design with only tight dollars to spend on fans. So they are using extremely low quality fans, extremely, just to stay competitive. It’s almost like the next best step would be to just sell new enthusiast cases without fans and let the consumer choose their own fans, or cooling solutions, just like we now choose our own power supplies. That might be the next best step for everyone.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I think once Corsair comes out with a Platinum I'll replace the HX620.

I think I am almost to the point of needing a bigger PSU anyways.

Hmmmm. I think once Corsair comes out with a Platinum I'll replace the HX620.

I think I am almost to the point of needing a bigger PSU anyways.

I apologize for saying platinum like a thousand times, but Corsair HAS to go platinum this year, they have led the way in psu engineering modification and design for what 5years now, they are not going to be left behind, and there are a dozen companies already producing platinum grade psu's, my roommate from college designed the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Platinum psus 2 years ago. So it’s time. Just don’t know if it will be this summer or the fall. Damn!

Last edited:
Mr. Redbeard, you must be extremely busy, we know, but if you can lend us any new info on the Corsair Link it would be greatly appreciated. Was that a Corsair boothbabe giggling in the background on your video? Yuk yuk, thanks George! What happens in Taipei, stays in Taipei.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the H100 is excessive and just wants the 650D case and live with the current cooler I have (Corsair A70)? I mean, if need be, I can fix my Zalman 9500 and use that instead (needs a new 92mm fan).

Am I the only one who thinks the H100 is excessive and just wants the 650D case and live with the current cooler I have (Corsair A70)? I mean, if need be, I can fix my Zalman 9500 and use that instead (needs a new 92mm fan).

Did he say Corsair A70?

Joe, did you work out your fans yet?

Not yet, sadly. At least not entirely. I found an old Scythe S-Flex that I am using for the intake and it is pretty much silent. It moves more air than what I was doing before, which is not use an intake fan at all. Should help cool the hard drives a bit more efficiently.

As for the top fan and rear fan, I think I am going to purchase one Thermalright TY-140 to use as top exhaust and then go from there. I need some Y splitters so I can connect both of my CPU fans to the CPU connector. Most mobos don't have two CPU connectors and I don't like having them not totally identical.

Other than that, I suppose I will decide if I need or want to replace the stock exhaust with something. I need to buy a dremel and do a nice job of removing the grates. Haven't dremel'd in years, but every bit to reduce turbulence and increase airflow should be worth it in my opinion.

Any other thoughts or input? You've seen my system and case layout, I am still very open to suggestions.

I think you are the only one, but there is nothing wrong with that!

I wonder if the side panel for the 500R will be compatible with the 650D. Other than that, I don't see too much difference between the look of the cases other than the color and the dual front intakes.

If not, I wonder when the solid side panel will arrive.

I wonder if the side panel for the 500R will be compatible with the 650D. Other than that, I don't see too much difference between the look of the cases other than the color and the dual front intakes.

If not, I wonder when the solid side panel will arrive.

i'm guessing the 500R will be more similar to something like the cm 690 ii. still a great case, just more utilitarian without all the extra oomph that makes something really nice

650D + H100 + Corsair Link with Lighting + PX850watt + Asus Rampage 4 + Sandy E LGA2011 + Corsair Quad Memory, yeah that's the ticket!

I just hope this corsair link thing will have a 5.25 adapter, Because if not, I dont have a 3.5 bay or adapter. For the price its going for, I'm sure it prolly will. Would be kinda dumb not to, Because none of their cases have a 3.5 bay.

If not, Then thats another bit of $$ to spend to get a 5.25 to 3.5 adapter.

Id like to purchase one of these from newegg today.

It says model CC650DW-1. Is this the one with the new fan controller itself or does it have the fix in place on top of the old fan controller that buzzed?

Its $159 w/ rebate and promo code.

Thanks for being douche bags...

So sorry for not being the right thread for you, there are many others but not this Corsair thread. We did try, numerous times ad nauseum, but complaining without solution is just stupid. Find a nice place that cuddles your ignorance up into a nice little soft ball, and then buy something for 69dollars.Oh and please go away, this thread is for people seeking quality, working smart and working hard, not bargain walmart geezus this is my opinion due to my laziness.

Last edited:
So sorry for not being the right thread for you, there are many others but not this Corsair thread. We did try, numerous times ad nauseum, but complaining without solution is just stupid. Find a nice place that cuddles your ignorance up into a nice little soft ball, and then buy something for 69dollars.Oh and please go away, this thread is for people seeking quality, working smart and hard, not bargain walmart geezus this is my opinion due to my laziness.

I said that for the fact of being insulted for having an A70. I don't have the money to get something like an H100, even though it would be awesome. I just think some things are considered a bit overkill. Sorry that I don't have a job right now, but I do try hard.

Also, I never realized that the A70 wasn't quality. And yes, I still do really want the 650D. Sorry that I can afford the system that fantomau has.

it's all relative to what you want and how much you're willing to spend. overkill for one person might be insufficient for another.

i think the a70 is quality. is it going to compare in cooling quality to the h100? of course not but it's not supposed to. it fills a market segment very nicely and does a nice job where it is

it's all relative to what you want and how much you're willing to spend. overkill for one person might be insufficient for another.

i think the a70 is quality. is it going to compare in cooling quality to the h100? of course not but it's not supposed to. it fills a market segment very nicely and does a nice job where it is

I pretty much had to get it when the fan on my Zalman 9500 broke off on Christmas day and I went to Best Buy when it opened on the 26th and got it for only 35 bucks instead of 50. So not bad.

Also, I never realized that the A70 wasn't quality. And yes, I still do really want the 650D. Sorry that I can afford the system that fantomau has.

Why the hell you bringing me into this, I never bragged on what I had or said anything bad about the A70 or anyones system.

Why the hell you bringing me into this, I never bragged on what I had or said anything bad about the A70 or anyones system.

It's more him saying about not working or having the money or some crap. I'm just saying that I don't have the money to make a system like your's, which is just insane. Nothing against you.

My 650d was damaged today. I'm so pissed. The outer box looked fine but there was a good bit of damage inside. I'm RMAing it and I'm not sure I want another.

Mr. Redbeard, anything you can tell us about Corsair Link, or Platinum Series PSUs? 10pm here 10am Taipei time, please let us know, thanks George!

Last edited:
It's more him saying about not working or having the money or some crap. I'm just saying that I don't have the money to make a system like your's, which is just insane. Nothing against you.

Hey Snake, no one here wants to analyze your dumb ass equation, go find a negative thread where you will be very happy. This thread is for progression and positivity.

Why not start a thread thats about it in the appropriate power supply forum?

This thread is suppose to be about the 650D, and NOT about upcoming Corsair products....

Kinda like theres a whole thread started about the H100... or the 400/500 Cases...

Taske your own advice and quite cluttering this thread up.......

Where did you get it from?

Got it from NewEgg. I called Corsair as I was hoping to just replace the parts but they didn't want to do it for me. They said to deal with NewEgg. Now I'm RMAing my 650d and who know when I'll get a new one delivered.

Why not start a thread thats about it in the appropriate power supply forum?

This thread is suppose to be about the 650D, and NOT about upcoming Corsair products....

Kinda like theres a whole thread started about the H100... or the 400/500 Cases...

Taske your own advice and quite cluttering this thread up.......

Why don't you start that thread and stay the hell away from here? It would make so many of us so happy!

Back