• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Thanks for the update George, hope you have a relaxing time off! Trade shows can really take it out on you.

2. We could sell a solid side panel for the 650D fairly easily if there is enough demand. The side panels are interchangeable so all it would be is putting it into a new box and selling it on our webstore.

I'll putty hand up for interest in this as well - I'd like to think a solid side panel would reduce noise, but we've got no sure way of knowing.

Any chance of selling special tweaking kits like the 5.25" mesh covers from the 600T?
 
2. We could sell a solid side panel for the 650D fairly easily if there is enough demand. The side panels are interchangeable so all it would be is putting it into a new box and selling it on our webstore.

Another hand up for this as well.

Although paying another $30-50 (I'm assuming) after already spending $200 is a bit hard to swallow.
 
im going to add 2x 120mm antec tricools to the top and one to the front, good idea?
 
hello so I recently just bought the 650d, should be arriving next week
currently have a sealed h50, and i plan on using 3x 120mm antec tricools from my p180 case. Any suggestion on the optimum use for these items? or should i buy different 120mm fans or get a different 200m fan?
thank you!
 
hello so I recently just bought the 650d, should be arriving next week
currently have a sealed h50, and i plan on using 3x 120mm antec tricools from my p180 case. Any suggestion on the optimum use for these items? or should i buy different 120mm fans or get a different 200m fan?
thank you!

Best to get a fan bigger than a 120 for front.

I use 2 140mm fans up top and a CM megaflow 200mm on the front.
 
oh ok, so i can use my tricools up top and get the megaflow to replace stock on the front?
 
Yeah you can use 2 120s/140s or 1 200mm up top

I know some of the tricools have a 3way speed switch.

Some have even used a 180mm intake front fan, But with some modification.

I wish I could find a red CM Force 200mm fan, It has has on/off switch for the LED :)
 
That's pretty much perfect, if you could get the 600T mesh 5.25" covers.

Can you completely remove the lower HDD cages?

But then again, If I get that, I wont have a spare 5.25 for the corsair link, Since I already have a burner, and that occupies I believe 3 bays.
 
Mr. Redbeard, the only info I can find on the availability of the H100 is June, are they "On the Water" yet? And if so will Newegg again receive them long before anyone else, or will Amazon get their shipment around the same time? Thanks, and welcome back. Are we allowed to ask questions about Corsair Link yet? or is it still too early?
 
Last edited:
Mr. Redbeard, the only info I can find on the availability of the H100 is June, are they "On the Water" yet? And if so will Newegg again receive them long before anyone else, or will Amazon get their shipment around the same time? Thanks, and welcome back. Are we allowed to ask questions about Corsair Link yet? or is it still too early?

I hope the H100 comes out SOON :)
 
Okay, let me clear some things up.

H100 will ship in June. Some retailers should have some units later this month, but wide availability will be July. Same with H80.

The Corsair Link Commander doesn't have a 5.25" bay front-end so there's no need to take up a whole 5.25" bay. It's the same physical size as a mechanical 3.5" hard drive. It fits in any hard drive cage we've tested it in. You can see pictures HERE of the hardware.

The Cooling Kit comes with the Commander unit, which has 8 Corsair Link Digital connections and a USB header cable connection. It also comes with the Cooling Node, which hooks up to one of the digital connections and has five fan control ports and four analog sensor ports, which can be used for temperature sensors and other devices in the future.

The Cooling & Lighting Kit comes with all that and adds the Lighting Node, which has two separate lighting channels. Also, three RGB LED strips are included. These can be placed anywhere in the case on either controller so they can be controlled independently or linked together for a longer lighting strip. If you want more lighting, the a single lighting node can control up to 33 strips per channel, so you can go nuts with add-ons.
 
Will the H100 pump speed be adjustable, by simply undervolting? Any db ratings on the pump? couldn't find anything on the website.
Mr. Redbeard, is there any way we can purchase a dozen or so of those long soft Corsair grommets that came in the fan adapter kit for the 650D?
Last question about Corsair Link. Will it "Link” to power supplies, if not those currently available, some psu's produced in the future, is that part of the sensor/monitor/fan adjust selectability?

Ok so we can use an analog temp probe inside a psu, but no fan speed control?
 
Last edited:
The H100 pump speed should remain static. It's fairly quiet at around 2200 RPM where it sits. I do not recommend undervolting it.

The dB is very low, below the 22dB noise floor in our test lab when the sensor is 1M away.

The button on top of the fan controller changes the fan profiles. There are three settings:


Low Noise, which changes the RPM based on this curve:
800
900
1000
1100
1200
1300

Balanced, on this curve:
1300
1500
1800
1850
1900
2000

High Performance, on this curve:
1600
1700
2200
2400
2550
2700

As for Corsair Link, right now the first devices it can talk to are:
H80 and H100 (full digital support)
H60 (analog support, read coolant temp, change fan speed through Corsair Link Cooling Node)
Airflow Pro (monitor memory temps and activity)

Stuff that hasn't been announced yet is in the works, too, but I can't really talk about it. You're on the right track though.
 
Redbeard.

I see newegg has red vengeance ram now, Its C9R.

I have black vengeance ram, But its C8's.

Can I use the 2 together, C8s and C9s or do I have to use all C8 or C9?

I dont see newegg having the C8s yet.
 
Redbeard.

I see newegg has red vengeance ram now, Its C9R.

I have black vengeance ram, But its C8's.

Can I use the 2 together, C8s and C9s or do I have to use all C8 or C9?

I dont see newegg having the C8s yet.

I don't want to speak for redbeard or go off track of the thread too far from the subject...
You can use the C9 ram with C8 ram, but all the ram will have to run at C9. I'd say wait for the C8 ram and get that if you can :cool:
 
How about a usb3.0 adapter cable? :D

Agree I would like to know the status of this. Is Corsair going to be making a "Upgrade Kit" for the 650D (or 600T) so that the USB 3.0 cables have a header or going to make something like this.

I want to give Corsair more money just let us know that something is in the works and that we should be patient
 
did we ever get confirmation whether or not the H100 will fit in the top of a 650D?
 
i am essentially holding off on purchasing a new case, which will most likely be a corsair case, until there is the front usb 3.0 mobo header instead of the 2 usb 3.0 cables going to the back. I know it seems kind of a stupid reason to put it off but i have no problems with my current case (RC-690 original modded fairly heavily) but would like something new in the semi near future.
 
I might have missed it in the 62page but I know it was talked about. Will it be able to buy the 650D with 2 Windowless Panel or a Side panel with mesh/fan support instead of a window? I just hate windows panel so I was gonna go for 600T instead but damn I want this 650D so bad.. Just waiting to see if it possible, Of course, the USb 3.0 would be a magnific addon , seem quite a few are for this as well.
 
I might have missed it in the 62page but I know it was talked about. Will it be able to buy the 650D with 2 Windowless Panel or a Side panel with mesh/fan support instead of a window? I just hate windows panel so I was gonna go for 600T instead but damn I want this 650D so bad.. Just waiting to see if it possible, Of course, the USb 3.0 would be a magnific addon , seem quite a few are for this as well.
Here is your answer
Hey guys, just got back from Computex. Going to spend most of the weekend with my wife and daughter, but I'll be sure to pop in here and answer some questions whenever I get a chance.

Some of the first ones:

1. Yes, we'll release a mesh side panel insert for the 650D that you can easily swap out with the stock window. We're tooling it now, so I'm going to have to check with our engineer for availability when I get back to work on Monday.

2. We could sell a solid side panel for the 650D fairly easily if there is enough demand. The side panels are interchangeable so all it would be is putting it into a new box and selling it on our webstore.

3. Taipei is very humid.
 
Agree I would like to know the status of this. Is Corsair going to be making a "Upgrade Kit" for the 650D (or 600T) so that the USB 3.0 cables have a header or going to make something like this.

I want to give Corsair more money just let us know that something is in the works and that we should be patient

Yeah I posted that bitfenix adapter cable on this thread. Thats what I wish corsair wouldve done.
 
ok i will 90% be getting the h100 now, any other stores getting them early june? id like to finish this build asap
 
As long as the software is solid, the corsair link looks like the successor to traditional fan controllers. I'm really impressed.
 
As long as the software is solid, the corsair link looks like the successor to traditional fan controllers. I'm really impressed.

Really happy the lighting kit although capable of 16milllion colors? Can also just remain a soft white to work by, if you don’t want to make the lighting a heat indicator, but that part's cool too! Finally when my PSU fan which rarely spins up, maybe twice a week, I will know by assigning a blue light to it, for any function CPU or GPU intensive, I mean you can make it as simple or as complex as you want! Corsair is Brilliant!
 
Last edited:
I think I'll bypass the lighting version, Because I rather not have white leds in my black/red theme.

Now if you can make it red by default, Then ok. If not, Then nah.
 
I think I'll bypass the lighting version, Because I rather not have white leds in my black/red theme.

Now if you can make it red by default, Then ok. If not, Then nah.

The LEDs are software controlled RGB and can be an one of 16 million colors by dragging a slider, or even turned off.
 
I'm wondering if the stock 200mm fan with ULNA adapter from Noctua is better or worse than 2x 140mm Noctua fans with ULNA or LNA adapters. I'm thinking so, but then again with the hard drives in the way of the front fan I'm not so sure.
 
Back
Top