• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Yes you're absolutely right, I had the P180 as my last case and upgraded to the antec 300 recently. HDD noise with the 300 is MUCH more noticeable vs. the old P180.. That said, even though the antec300 is a solid case, I'm still looking for the right case that will help with the hdd noise (vibration transmission from HDD to case) I have with the 300.

This Corsair looks like it might do the trick. The support that we get from redbeard on the forum is fantastic!
 
Yes you're absolutely right, I had the P180 as my last case and upgraded to the antec 300 recently. HDD noise with the 300 is MUCH more noticeable vs. the old P180.. That said, even though the antec300 is a solid case, I'm still looking for the right case that will help with the hdd noise (vibration transmission from HDD to case) I have with the 300.

This Corsair looks like it might do the trick. The support that we get from redbeard on the forum is fantastic!

Since you know all the pros and cons to the P180, as a previous user of one, I can say that this case is better than it in every single regard, aside from the HDD noise which once again is from a WD Caviar Black. I don't want to buy a new drive just yet (Although the Samsung Spinpoint F3 has been rec'd highly) so I'll play with things first. The temps of everything I had in the P180 have dropped several degrees C, and there are so many options for customization. I highly recommend this case to you. And yes, Redbeard does a terrific job.

As for the HDD noise, I'm going to look into getting a drive bay adapter that fits in the remaining optical slots. I should be able to wire everything just the same, if not better, and I will be able to surround the bay with sound dampening material and begin my quest for silence.
 
Thanks for the input joejoejoe123!

Again, after using the p180 (the one before the behind the mobo wiring was a option) for 3 years I consider the antec300 a upgrade :eek:

The 650D should easily best the 300.
I should really thank corsair for listening to the input of their other mid tower. I really wanted to see some extra room above the motherboard for a radiator. Looks like the 650d does just that.
This case will very likely be the case I use on my next major build. :cool:
 
The capacitor has four inputs and outputs. You basically just plug it into the fan controller on one side, and then plug your fans into it on the other side.
If it is all one piece wont it shorten the length of the fan cables considerably?

The way it is now there is cable from the controller and cable from the fan. It makes it easy to route and hide the cables individually. The way i am picturing it, it will leave only the wire from the fan to the capacitor to route/hide individually and a bundle of wires from the capacitor to the fan controller.

I cant remember exactly how long the fan leads are, but i hope they are long enough to route and hide without having to put the capacitor in some akward spot to reach all 4 fans!

Do you see this as being an issue?
 
Thanks for the input joejoejoe123!

Again, after using the p180 (the one before the behind the mobo wiring was a option) for 3 years I consider the antec300 a upgrade :eek:

The 650D should easily best the 300. :

I just went from a Antec 900 to the 650D and my temps have increased 5-7C. Seeing as the 300 has about the same intake setup, its a toss up.

I think its because Antecs fans shoot more direct high speed air onto the gpus and into the cpu area, vs the 650s which provide the air at a lower velocity.

However, the 650 beats the 900 everywhere else.
 
Got my case in today (thank you MicroCenter for quick delivery and not jacking up the price like Newegg). It is a beautiful case. I am also loving the AX750 PSU I got to go along with it. Perfect match.
 
Corsair seems so talented at working with other companies taking outstanding designs and improving upon them to give enthusiasts amazing products, kings of collaboration; I wish they would call up Noctua in Austria and work together to create the world’s best 200mmx30mm fan. It would be expensive and there is no way they could include it with the 600T and 650D cases, the sku prices would just go too high. Yet as an accessory, a new Corsair product category, I am guessing the cost would be $35 to $39 for each fan, still believe both companies would do well in such a venture, and finally a high quality Noctua fan that comes in Obsidian Black, now yure talking baby! ;)
 
Corsair seems so talented at working with other companies taking outstanding designs and improving upon them to give enthusiasts amazing products, kings of collaboration; I wish they would call up Noctua in Austria and work together to create the world’s best 200mmx30mm fan. It would be expensive and there is no way they could include it with the 600T and 650D cases, the sku prices would just go too high. Yet as an accessory, a new Corsair product category, I am guessing the cost would be $35 to $39 for each fan, still believe both companies would do well in such a venture, and finally a high quality Noctua fan that comes in Obsidian Black, now yure talking baby! ;)

Are you saying you don't think we have the engineering to create the world's best fans in-house?

I take that as a personal challenge.
 
Corsair seems so talented at working with other companies taking outstanding designs and improving upon them to give enthusiasts amazing products, kings of collaboration; I wish they would call up Noctua in Austria and work together to create the world’s best 200mmx30mm fan. It would be expensive and there is no way they could include it with the 600T and 650D cases, the sku prices would just go too high. Yet as an accessory, a new Corsair product category, I am guessing the cost would be $35 to $39 for each fan, still believe both companies would do well in such a venture, and finally a high quality Noctua fan that comes in Obsidian Black, now yure talking baby! ;)

Are you saying you don't think we have the engineering to create the world's best fans in-house?

I take that as a personal challenge.

I can only hope that these posts are the beginning of a wonderful new line of Corsair fans that challenge the performance and silence of Noctua.
 
I like it. Not to say that corsair fans are terrible, but there are better. I put a pair of noctua 120's on my H70 today, and I am now running cooler, at a higher rpm, and with less noise than the corsair fans on low.
 
Um Mr. RedBeard with all respect due Sir, no the engineering is not available in Fremont. Not for fan design. If it were there we would most definitely have a new Corsair product category! Oh you were being sarcastic ok sorry! Yuk yuk. Anyway thank you for handling the fantroller issue so well and those Giants baseball tickets are yours at Will Call, you just let me know the games you want to see!;)
 
Um Mr. RedBeard with all respect due Sir, no the engineering is not available in Fremont. Not for fan design. If it were there we would most definitely have a new Corsair product category! Oh you were being sarcastic ok sorry! Yuk yuk. Anyway thank you for handling the fantroller issue so well and those Giants baseball tickets are yours at Will Call, you just let me know the games you want to see!;)

Not saying we're doing fans or anything, but when I started 7 years ago there wasn't engineering for power supply qualifications and modification, case design and feature set, cpu cooling, SSDs, and even flash drives.

Now we do all those things, with varying degrees of success.

If we ever decide to do fans, or monitors, or soundcards, or motherboards, or video cards, or whatever, our first requirement is this:
* Make sure we bring something new to the table.

I know it sounds cliche, but the market is too crowded with "me-too" products for us to just slap our name on an off-the-shelf case/psu/etc and expect to get some sales.

The reason people buy Corsair is because it means something - from a quality, support, or engineering standpoint. Hopefully we can keep up the string of success.
 
I know it sounds cliche, but the market is too crowded with "me-too" products for us to just slap our name on an off-the-shelf case/psu/etc and expect to get some sales.

The reason people buy Corsair is because it means something - from a quality, support, or engineering standpoint. Hopefully we can keep up the string of success.

its all about brand equity baby, if the product doesn't fit the brand, then don't sell it :)

I was just going through my 800d, cleaning and re-organizing cables, and was reminded just how awesome a job Corsair did on this case. keep up the good work!
 
Not saying we're doing fans or anything, but when I started 7 years ago there wasn't engineering for power supply qualifications and modification, case design and feature set, cpu cooling, SSDs, and even flash drives.

Now we do all those things, with varying degrees of success.

If we ever decide to do fans, or monitors, or soundcards, or motherboards, or video cards, or whatever, our first requirement is this:
* Make sure we bring something new to the table.

I know it sounds cliche, but the market is too crowded with "me-too" products for us to just slap our name on an off-the-shelf case/psu/etc and expect to get some sales.

The reason people buy Corsair is because it means something - from a quality, support, or engineering standpoint. Hopefully we can keep up the string of success.

Yes, do monitors. IPS with light AG coating and CCFL or RGB LED. ;)
 
Make a case with mainboard rotated by 90 degree looking as good as 650D and with 200mm fans.

Or a quiet cube m-atx case with 2x120 on the side of gpu capable of taking 12" gpus
 
I love my corsair case. So much corsair stuff in it too...psu, ram, h50. All i need now is a corsair desk and corsair office chair.
 
How is the front panel wired?

Only 2 of my usb2 work.. and I didn't add a usb3 Thats what should be right?

Also, where is the HD Light? Only my button lights up.
 
Last edited:
need more pics of this case still undecided as i normally got for silver cases over black
 
Any of you guys who ordered it from bottom line telecom get their case yet?
Aren't they drop shipping from Corsair directly?

EDIT: Yep. This special order item ships directly from the manufacturer, or is ordered from the manufacturer as needed. Shipping usually occurs within fifteen business days.
 
Aren't they drop shipping from Corsair directly?

EDIT: Yep. This special order item ships directly from the manufacturer, or is ordered from the manufacturer as needed. Shipping usually occurs within fifteen business days.

yeah I'm aware of that. I ordered mine from them a week ago. I guess I'm just being impatient, thats all.
 
yeah I'm aware of that. I ordered mine from them a week ago. I guess I'm just being impatient, thats all.

I can categorically say that anything shipping direct from Corsair headquarters is at least 3 weeks out, as the containers are just hitting the water this week. We had a slight delay while we corrected the fan buzz issue in production.

Not sure about line telecom's inventory - could be coming from a distributor, which means they could have it sooner. But we don't have inventory right now in our US or EU distribution hubs.
 
my plan worked but my pictures suck:

img2289wd.jpg


img2283i.jpg
 
my plan worked but my pictures suck:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9311/img2289wd.jpg[img]

[img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6569/img2283i.jpg[img][/QUOTE]what cooling bay kit is that?
 
I can categorically say that anything shipping direct from Corsair headquarters is at least 3 weeks out, as the containers are just hitting the water this week. We had a slight delay while we corrected the fan buzz issue in production.

Not sure about line telecom's inventory - could be coming from a distributor, which means they could have it sooner. But we don't have inventory right now in our US or EU distribution hubs.

Any idea of when the fan fix kits will be shipping? I ordered 8 days ago and it still says it is processing.
 
Any idea of when the fan fix kits will be shipping? I ordered 8 days ago and it still says it is processing.

Had a hiccup with shipping. They'll be shipping as soon as we can get them here. I'm doing my best to get these damn things here this week and have them ship out. Thanks for your patience.
 
Wow, tell me Corsair will sell a kit similar to what Faulkton did ;p
I'd get this case in a heartbeat if I had the option of ready made stealth drive + extra fan/mesh cover. I am holding off a little longer to collect funds (birthday coming up *crosses fingers*) :)
 
Had a hiccup with shipping. They'll be shipping as soon as we can get them here. I'm doing my best to get these damn things here this week and have them ship out. Thanks for your patience.

No problem, I know I'll get it eventually.
 
Back
Top