Corsair 650D Case $159.99 after MIR

Vg33k

Weaksauce
Not sure just how hot this is, historically, but it's the lowest I've ever seen it.

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
$199.99 - $20 off w/ promo code EMCKEGJ42 = $179.99 - $20 MIR Card = $159.99!!!
Promo Ends 6/6/11

I jumped on this deal since I've been scouting for a better deal on this case and I was sick of

waiting for BLT to restock for my order (I ordered back in MARCH!!!!). I canceled it the second I saw this deal :p.

It's a rather big purchase, but seems like a killer deal for those looking for a new, solid case.

Also: Hooray for my first [H]otDEALS post! :D

yep i saw this and will be buying tomorrow
combine it with fatwallet or something and it should be a great deal +

Not sure just how hot this is, historically, but it's the lowest I've ever seen it.

I jumped on this deal since I've been scouting for a better deal on this case and I was sick of

waiting for BLT to restock for my order (I ordered back in MARCH!!!!). I canceled it the second I saw this deal :p.

It's a rather big purchase, but seems like a killer deal for those looking for a new, solid case.

Also: Hooray for my first [H]otDEALS post! :D

I did the same. Ordered from BLT back in March also. My ETA kept getting pushed back till I said enough is enough. Ordered from the Egg (before this deal). Spoke to customer service since I've spent a ton of $ with over the years, they refunded me $20:D

I did the same. Ordered from BLT back in March also. My ETA kept getting pushed back till I said enough is enough. Ordered from the Egg (before this deal). Spoke to customer service since I've spent a ton of $ with over the years, they refunded me $20:D

How long ago did you order? Didnt know they did that.

Sometimes NewEgg does cool things like that. Their customer service reps, when you talk with them on the phone, can be quite accommodating.

I hopped on a great 600T deal a while back ($125 after MIR), my best purchase from an e-tailer ever, Corsair makes great cases, my best purchase ever was my $20 i7 860, but that's another story...lol

congrats OP, great 1st [H]otDEALS post...

:D

What actually makes this a $200 case? Thats a premium price, and it doesn't seem to be much more than a standard case with some holes in the motherboard tray so you can route cables easier... I'm actually curious becuase I'm shopping around for a new case and $200 isn't out of my budget, but it's gotta really be something special for $200!

^^^It has alot of nice features - from the looks - down the ease of assembly and the modular HD cage and the like. My only complaint is that I don't like the use of 1 slow moving 200mm fan for intake. I'd much prefer 3 x 140mm.. I like to run a slight postive pressure case. Other then that its pretty awesome.. Not crazy about windows either...but that's not a deal breaker because it has such nice cable routing.

Everyone interested probably knows this, but this case is huge. Calling it a midtower is crazy.

I have one being delivered today. The first one I got had shipping damage despite the outer box being very clean. I did think it was a nice case so that's why I'm rolling the dice again for this price.

Everyone interested probably knows this, but this case is huge. Calling it a midtower is crazy.
This case is the absolute perfect size in my opinion. The 700D is great but way too big. If you are looking for a case I would definitely pick this up, as this price doesn't come around very often. You do pay a small premium for a corsair branded case, but I feel that it is well justified. This is arguably the best case under $300.

its becoming too expensive for quality cases nowadays. Remember when cases came with PSUs and fans and were like 100 dollars? Paying as much for a case as I would a GPU is rediculous...

then again the Obsidian cases are really well built, I've handled one and it's legit.

This case is the absolute perfect size in my opinion. The 700D is great but way too big. If you are looking for a case I would definitely pick this up, as this price doesn't come around very often. You do pay a small premium for a corsair branded case, but I feel that it is well justified. This is arguably the best case under $300.

The 700D is an awesome case. I took a nap in it once...

The main reason I like the 700 over this is because of the room available between the motherboard and PSU. I'm using 2 Zalman VF3000's on my 470's which would not have fit in this case. Also, the size doesn't bother me because my computer never moves. Anyway, the 650 is great. BUY IT!

after migrating a fuckmess of a system into my 600T I realized why Corsair cases cost so much, I have never had a migration that was so easy, AND actually fucking enjoyable, Corsair cases are the shit, I say this because they're all almost identical on the inside, buy one and you basically see the innards of all their models...

best computer purchase I ever made, bar none...

My replacement 650d case came today. No flaws this time. It's a keeper! Great Price too!

What happened with the first one mls? what type of damage?

Well, the front fan cover had some loose and had scratch several of the drive bays. Also, something had happened to the hard drive cages. They were bent and had damaged the front fan. I was super angry because the outside box was very clean. I'm the one responsible for the 1 negative NewEgg review but I got over and ordered another oen.

The new one is perfect. In fact, I just ripped off the UPC and taped it onto the rebate form.

What makes the case good? Is there anything that would give it an advantage over a Silverstone Raven RV02 or RV03 (cases I'm looking at for a new build)?

I've looked at the Corsair 650D a few times and I've yet to see a reason other than maybe cable management to buy it over the Silverstone FT02/RV02. Corsair's air cooling is just really average at best in comparison for all of their Obsidian cases.

What makes the case good? Is there anything that would give it an advantage over a Silverstone Raven RV02 or RV03 (cases I'm looking at for a new build)?

I just think the 90 degree motherboard cases are just too weird for some people, myself included. I know they are great at cooling, but they just seem strange (not just the orientation and install, but also the fact that the window is on the wrong side of the case). The Corsair cases are freakin' gorgeous IMO

Back