Corsair 1000D

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Jbort1984, May 10, 2018.

1. Jbort1984

Jbort1984 [H]ard|Gawd

Who else is getting one. Just ordered mine even though Ive got a tower 900 sitting here that I need to build in.

2. Denpepe

Denpepe Limp Gawd

Saw it on paul's hardware yesterday, as nice as it looks, it's too big for me and too expensive, for the price they could have at least added some fans.

Rather velcro a nuc to my main pc if I need 2 machines in a limited space, but for watercooling enthousiast it might be very nice.

3. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

Pretty awesome. There is a lot of space in that case water cooling.

I just retired my v1 800D, it was just getting to big to keep around.

4. PureBlackFire

PureBlackFire [H]Lite

this case is so poorly designed, especially the entire roof/top plane. waste of time.

5. Xaeos

Xaeos [H]ardness Supreme

I'm glad to see Corsair continuing development - their Obsidian line was one of the first mass-market enthusiast case types. However, for the price I think we're getting into territory where my money may be better spent elsewhere. This $500 case (much like the Phanteks Enthoo Elite which I think is itself around $900) means putting in squarely in the field of boutique builders like CaseLabs. At least thus far, there would have to be something phenomenally a better value and/or feature set on a Corsair 1000D or Enthoo Elite, to even consider going up against a CaseLabs S8, SMA8-A / -X, perhaps the XForma MBX MK2, or Hydra Desk. I'd consider that this is probably closest to the SMA8-A (-X) in terms of features and layout. Buying the boutique setups (at least CaseLabs) means limitless modularity, upgrades, and long term support as well as unique features like having no rivets etc. Furthermore, giving $500+ to a mass produced (often outside NA or EU) case is somewhat different from giving that amount to an in-house crafted boutique shop.

If they positioned this at the $250-300 level and/or included a significant amount of RGB MagLev fans + fan filters (does this thing have filters? I didn't see any listed) , I'd call it a fantastic value. However for $500 it begins to waver - there are some nice features it has and if nothing else they'll give the guys at CaseLabs something to think about as they roll out more options and refine their existing ones, but even some neat features would be hard pressed to tempt me away from the boutiques at that price level.

6. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles Gawd

Cool looking case, wonder how much customization is needed. I recently got a midtower and I really want another full/super. I just like to tinker too much and mids just don't offer the space.

7. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ [H]ardness Supreme

the "french doors" with the ssd's attached is going to be the biggest downfall.

there is very little to be done about cable management, when the panel that are attached to swings in the breeze.

cool case though

also though it was funny when the HWC review showed the case tipping over when the door was opened.

8. wra18th

wra18th [H]ardness Supreme

Looks awesome but the price just gave a heart attack.

Commander Shepard likes this.
  9. Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard Proud Brony

10. jtm55

jtm55 Limp Gawd

Hi All

I won't be getting one. I'll stick with my HAF X for now. It's perfect for air cooling. The 1000D seems more suited to water cooling

11. hititnquitit

hititnquitit n00bie

it looks great when it has rgb fans in it. and has some really nice features but the price after you figure in fans is waaay to much for what your getting. caselabs will benefit more from this case than corsair will.

12. aznpotpie

aznpotpie [H]ard|Gawd

I got one, kinda disappointed in the manfacturing of it. Ask me anything about it, have it on hand.

https://imgur.com/YqM4Kou

Last edited: May 22, 2018 at 5:31 PM
  13. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

That is a lot of RGB fans, jeezus.

14. aznpotpie

aznpotpie [H]ard|Gawd

I didn’t realize that either when I bought the case! Putting in two 480mm and 420mm rad

15. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Are those all triple kits? that's like $1,200 in fans, lol

16. aznpotpie

aznpotpie [H]ard|Gawd

The 120mm are triple kits, the 140mm are double.

17. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

All of those kits come with the Node Pro controller, why did you get a separate Node Pro full kit instead of a couple of the LED expansions?

you have a few of these as well?
    https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub