Core i7 exprience

Christ dude, he said he was gonna do the build 2 hours ago.

Given how many systems he's built, two hours is plenty :)

Heck, even I could probably whip something together in that time . . . not counting OS/App installs though.
 
Given how many systems he's built, two hours is plenty :)

Heck, even I could probably whip something together in that time . . . not counting OS/App installs though.
I could have too. Doesnt mean hes done the OS or any testing.
 
It exploded somewhere around 6 GHz. Maybe he is waiting on the bracket afterall (I would).

Maybe he's spending his evening lapping the heatsink.
 
Looky Looky what Just came in the mail for me today!!!
It turns out the cpu poped up out of nowhere, the company was going to send me another one as they claimed this one to be lost, but I did the honest route and called them back to tell them that I got this one in.
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif
blowup6ba.gif



Well... I guess you did the right thing. Looking good so far.
 
I now officially hate you.
:(


Aww, c'mon man. If he has a good job and can pay for the stuff why not do it? Don't rain on his parade.

Besides, in like 6-8 months (hopefully) some of that hardware will be less.



AlthonXP--what do you do? Are there any openings? ;)
 
Aww, c'mon man. If he has a good job and can pay for the stuff why not do it? Don't rain on his parade.
whats with people not reading the thread and yelling at me? Seriously, I dont hate him because I cant get one, I hate him because he already has his and I have to wait for my XPS to sell first.
 
Ok the machine is up and running, installed Vista and sp1 last night. I brought it in to work to do the rest today. Will have more info later guys.
 
whats with people not reading the thread and yelling at me? Seriously, I dont hate him because I cant get one, I hate him because he already has his and I have to wait for my XPS to sell first.


I am not yelling at you man--chill. We know you don't hate him and we know you are being sarcastic.:)
 
So far so good, though SLI for some reason is not working. You guys think it is because I installed the 178.24 drivers??
 
Not really yet as I am install apps, machine does seem to run like butter.
 
Can you post the complete specs of that machine please?

Dam you all, I need to get work done!!! lol

Core I7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
6GB GSKILL 1600 DDR3
640gb WD Drive
2x 280GTX's

The rest is pretty much in my sig.
 
Initial run at everything at stock with 3dmark vantage I got a P22858 score.

Cpu Score was: 40293
Graphics Score: 19977
 
Pics of setup please--as in what it looks like with all parts installed.

Thx
 
Guys I am at work right now, I dont have my camera with me, I will take pics later. As for temps they idle in the upper 40's with the stock heatsink, now it could be that where my machine is in my office its under a desk.
 
And? What's your point? What's more important? Your job or showing us your shiny new rig? Hrmm, Get your priorities straight, man!!!! ;):D
 
Ok I am going to plan to OC my system later on tonight, any tips or settings I should be aware of??
 
Nice. Been itchin' to upgrade the Canterwood Prescott system and this really inspires me.
 
This thing runs how, I started out slow, set the cpu to 150x20 at 1.35 volts and right now with prime running is at 95c!!!
 
Thanks for the link. I will play around more with this later. I have an hour left at work so I will run prime 95 and lower the vcore and see what I get.
 
What was the load temp at stock speed? (You gave idle but not load temp)
 
I just got home... lol pics later. anyhow 150x20 at 1.3volts seems to be good, will up it tomorrow.
 
I just unwrapped the GTX280 and Vraptor going in my build. And even though its the fastest single GPU available on the planet, I already want more.
 
I just unwrapped the GTX280 and Vraptor going in my build. And even though its the fastest single GPU available on the planet, I already want more.

3-Way SLI FTMFW!

I'm all about the 3-Way. :D
 
Back
Top