• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core i7 exprience

I'll have all the stuff I need except a heatsink come Monday. I'll probably end up with my own bracket, I have a bunch of metal in my shop anyways.
 
If you're asking me whether or not I'm serious about my statement that AMD's current hardware is inferior to Intel's, then yes, I am serious. There really isn't any debate in that regard. i7 is much faster than anything AMD has to offer right now.

I was saying that you took maxius's post seriously......but I guess nobody got me :p
 
I'll have it all tomorrow except for a 10 dollar mounting bracket by thermalright. Awesome to be held up by that.

Yeah, my cpu will be in tomorrow as the package was lost and the company is sending me out a new one. My memory, board and 2nd video card are in. I am still waiting on the thermalright bracket myself.
 
Where are you guys getting the core i7 processors? Newegg doesn't have them yet. Are they only released in certain places?
 
Working with the Core i7 has been nothing but a smooth experience for me. Even with the launch boards being so new I feel like the product is fairly mature.
 
Working with the Core i7 has been nothing but a smooth experience for me. Even with the launch boards being so new I feel like the product is fairly mature.

I honestly think these could have come out 3 to 6 months earlier, but since Intel saw no need, they held back.
 
I honestly think these could have come out 3 to 6 months earlier, but since Intel saw no need, they held back.
agreed. then again, the launch in what? july? would have been 2 years since conroe, maybe they just wanted a mature product.
 
Board arrived a day early. Good thing I was at home on lunch.

BTW, This board is super sexy. I love the back plate too, one of the best designs ever. Asus FTW.
 
you got a P6T right? Yay backplate. So no more pulling out the board to change heatsinks?
 
sweet... get that shit rolling mang!! ;)

I'm personally waiting for the MSI eclipse.. but very interested to hear how you guys like P6T. so far so good I guess?
 
you got a P6T right? Yay backplate. So no more pulling out the board to change heatsinks?

Sorry, but you will. The backplate just covers the CPU area alone and does not extend out to the mounting holes. I still had to use a backplate to install the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme's LGA 1366 bracket when I did my testing.
 
Sorry, but you will. The backplate just covers the CPU area alone and does not extend out to the mounting holes. I still had to use a backplate to install the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme's LGA 1366 bracket when I did my testing.
oh. :(
So whats it actually do then?
 
Not out yet. The one Dan had was undoubtedly a loaner or direct from thermalright.
 
you got a P6T right? Yay backplate. So no more pulling out the board to change heatsinks?

Sorry, I was referring to the I/O Shield not the CPU Back plate. However, that is awesome too.

The I/O Shield is cool, no annoying grounding tabs or whatever they are for. Sleek and Clean, Black coating (?) as well.

EDIT: Yes, P6T.
 
I am really looking forward to hearing about your experience with that setup......it is exactly what im ordering in about 2 weeks.
 
I am really looking forward to hearing about your experience with that setup......it is exactly what im ordering in about 2 weeks.
i7-920/P6T/6GB/top-end-GPU(s) is gonna be a pretty common setup. Asus has a nice leg up for letting people drool over the board already.

Gah. I want my damn XPS gone so I can order the CPU/mobo/ram already. Somebody buy my XPS. :(
 
I dunno, I think that gigabyte board has been doing very well with the 920's in particular!
 
Looky Looky what Just came in the mail for me today!!!





It turns out the cpu poped up out of nowhere, the company was going to send me another one as they claimed this one to be lost, but I did the honest route and called them back to tell them that I got this one in.
 
It's all so shiny and beautiful. *sniff. Can't wait to see how it runs. Just one more question. Will it fold? I'm looking forward to seeing some smp results from this processor.
 
I now officially hate you.
:(
I hate you all, i have to wait at least two weeks more until REII and any of my two Core i7 pick is avalible, might be faster but then the REII/i7 combo is more expensive and a less wellknown place is not my place for this kind of money and then still have to wait for any WC-block LGA1366 bracket for fuzion2 that their is no word about or next weeks EK Supreme 1366-bracket. Could´nt wait until holidays as i thougt i would, this thing is damn to tempting to resist now.
I would love to now how the mem works on a ASUS X58-board as it is cheap as hell here in the 3x2GB config.
 
I may be a soiled bitch but Im having to sell my good laptop to buy this shiny toy.
 
Yepp, selling old setup besides the 280:s to so not to mutch extra cash is putted in not even if i chose a top of the line 965EE, besides the extra cash will be covered by the overdue taxreturnmoney as i payed a "bit to mutch" tax last year to so i really dont pay noting for upgrading actually.
 
I want to build it up now, but I am going to wait for the thermalright backplate to come in.
 
I want to build it up now, but I am going to wait for the thermalright backplate to come in.
You should install it with the stock cooler, jump it to 166x20, and tell us how your temps are.
 
screw it, I am putting it together tonight, will install vista and stuff at work tomorrow
 
68d30a9594728bc39aa24be94b319d21.jpg
*drool*. i want it. :p
 
Back
Top