• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core 2 Quad at Newegg G0?

Mine is a B3 with a pack date of 7/11/07

Turning out to be a decent OCer, though. I'm stable at 3ghz, stock volts and testing at 3.1ghz now
 
Why would you want to buy from newegg when -

1. ncix has a much better chance of a G0
2. its not cheaper
 
Why would you want to buy from newegg when -

1. ncix has a much better chance of a G0
2. its not cheaper


Why would you buy from ncix when-
1. You're guaranteed a G0 if you buy it from Tankguys
2. It's gonna cost you $300 instead of $340.
 
Why would you buy from ncix when-
1. You're guaranteed a G0 if you buy it from Tankguys
2. It's gonna cost you $300 instead of $340.

Because with TG you'll have to wait a week and a half at the very least according to their pre-order page, and that may even change to a later date. And I've not heard particularly great things about them, either.

I think I'd rather play the lottery with NCIX...
 
Yeah, I thought it was obvious that with TG there is an unknown wait involved.

If you're willing to pay more for a G0 you can get one from allstarshop or another retailer posted here. Or just walk into Frys and have the guy check the no. when he gets it from the cage.
 
NCIX's sister company DirectCanada have hired a monkey to look at the processor boxes and will now guarantee you a G0 Quad processor.
Intel sSpec: SLACR

They have 24 items in stock and ready to ship. ( $330 CDN = $315 US )

Edit: WTF, 2 minutes later and now they can't guarantee G0 anymore but they did lower their price to $309 CDN. I'd wait.
 
Because with TG you'll have to wait a week and a half at the very least according to their pre-order page, and that may even change to a later date. And I've not heard particularly great things about them, either.

I think I'd rather play the lottery with NCIX...

What bad things have you heard about tank guys? :confused:

I'm personally skipping this round of upgrades and waiting on the penryn(spelling?) launch - but if I were, I'm not sure where I'd buy a G0, seems there's pros and cons with every option.
 
What bad things have you heard about tank guys? :confused:

I'm personally skipping this round of upgrades and waiting on the penryn(spelling?) launch - but if I were, I'm not sure where I'd buy a G0, seems there's pros and cons with every option.

What cons are there to buying a G0?

If you're referring to the initial instability / fluctuation of prices and not knowing which stepping you're getting- that's just because they are so new / everyone is buying due to the price cuts. In a couple weeks G0s will be everywhere and everyone's prices will be under $280.
 
What cons are there to buying a G0?

If you're referring to the initial instability / fluctuation of prices and not knowing which stepping you're getting- that's just because they are so new / everyone is buying due to the price cuts. In a couple weeks G0s will be everywhere and everyone's prices will be under $280.

I just mean pros/cons in trying to order one right now. You'll either pay a ton, wait a while, or take a chance at getting a B3.
 
Because with TG you'll have to wait a week and a half at the very least according to their pre-order page, and that may even change to a later date. And I've not heard particularly great things about them, either.
I think I'd rather play the lottery with NCIX...

What bad things have you heard about them? I've had nothing but great dealings with them. They're a smaller business trying to go the extra mile to give their customers great service. Unless you personally have had bad dealings with them, it's best not to spread "he said, she said" stuff. It's not fair to the straight up guy who runs TG.
 
Yeah, I thought it was obvious that with TG there is an unknown wait involved.

If you're willing to pay more for a G0 you can get one from allstarshop or another retailer posted here. Or just walk into Frys and have the guy check the no. when he gets it from the cage.

TG is shipping next week, wait time revealed! :eek:
 
Back
Top