• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus $19.99

DAMN IT! i do not wanna go to frys again. I have been there 4 weeks in a row. Buying and returning shit. and now this! lol I have a xigmatek i was gonna sell to a friend, now i can sell to him very cheap.
 
geezo. wish i knew how long this sale is going ot last. not sure when i can get to mc. this is exacly what ive been needing
 
that I am not sure of. there are several coolers listed in the print add that expires 5/16 but the hyper 212 plus isn't one of them.
 
Bought one. Though it seems like it should be a winner, my temps aren't terribly impressive. I own a TRUE and a Xigmatek s1283, but I dont have a chance to compare these directly.

I do know, it seems like a 3.4ghz Q6600 G0 at 1.4v should be getting better core temps than 70c.....

Unless I screwed up something in the overly complicated install process. Feels like its well mounted though.....
 
pretty good cooler if you are not messing with voltages too much. I tried going beyond a point with voltage and the temps skyrocketed.
 
i'm going to overclock some amd quads to 3.6, shouldn't go past 1.4v. should it be ok then?
 
This is a nice cooler at a great price. You need to use more thermal paste than usual, but it wasn't too difficult.
 
wonder if I can get a price adjustment,I bought mine under a month ago.
 
try firefox?

Availability:
Usually ships in 1-3 business days.

says that for me on the page still
 
This is a nice cooler at a great price. You need to use more thermal paste than usual, but it wasn't too difficult.

Not really. The ideal TIM application method is placing thin strips between the heatpipes. 4 heatpipes, 3 strips.

If you just place a drop, ala traditional method, you will not have sufficient/even coverage, and probably higher temps as well.
 
Why is this thing dirt cheap everywhere but Newegg? Its still nearly $60 there!!!
 
i'm going to overclock some amd quads to 3.6, shouldn't go past 1.4v. should it be ok then?

Yeah, you'll be more than OK.

I will say this though, push/pull arrangement didn't seem to help my temps any with the 212+. The fins are not particularly close together, and the stock fan is rated for 3.9mm/H2O, so it's a decent static pressure model to begin with.
 
Why is this thing dirt cheap everywhere but Newegg? Its still nearly $60 there!!!

Yeah, I see that too. HUGE price difference.

I'm tempted to get this to replace my stock HSF on my Q8300.
 
I have stopped myself 3 or 4 times from getting this but my stock AMD cooler is keeping me in the low 20's at idle and a max of 48 after several hours of Prime95 (no shit! Im on stock voltage too! these Athlon II's are great little procs) so I cant really justify even $20 on something I dont need.....but it would be cool to have it.
 
Yeah, you'll be more than OK.

I will say this though, push/pull arrangement didn't seem to help my temps any with the 212+. The fins are not particularly close together, and the stock fan is rated for 3.9mm/H2O, so it's a decent static pressure model to begin with.

Yeah I noticed this too, my P12 alone is already sufficient. I'm not really a fan of the stock fan b/c it's quite a bit louder than my P12, but I was already dead-set on removing it anyway.
 
Yeah, I see that too. HUGE price difference.

I'm tempted to get this to replace my stock HSF on my Q8300.


Newegg just randomly decided to raise its price from $29.99 free shipping to $59.99 + shipping for no reason one day.

Amazon has held its price steady at $29.99 free shipping during the entire time.

I can only guess Newegg wanted to make this a high margin product ?
 
bleh I was to lazy to drive to frys to get $10 refunded, oh well.........
 
So would this be a good addition to a q9550? Im still using the stock cooler, and I know it sucks except for stock settings but with this be much better?
 
Newegg just randomly decided to raise its price from $29.99 free shipping to $59.99 + shipping for no reason one day.

Amazon has held its price steady at $29.99 free shipping during the entire time.

I can only guess Newegg wanted to make this a high margin product ?

supply and demand. Amazon held its price steady, but was out of stock for two months. I know, i was waiting. I finally canceled my order with Amazon and got it from mwave. It's a very good cooler and performs as well as the guys costing 2 and 3 times as much. Picking this up for retail is a no brainer. $10 off you'd be nuts to pass it up.
 
going fast, 3 left in my local MicroCenter.

thank god for local store pickup, i get to buy now and get it later.
 
Alright I bit. It said avg ship time is 1-3 business days. I chose 2 day for an extra $3. Hopefully I can return the rocketfish without issue.
 
yeah for me it's a 55 minute drive each way... lets assume 1 gallon of gas each way, total net savings $4 for 2 hours of my time. Even though this is great, doesn't seem like it's worth it for me. God I fucking hate San Francisco. We had CompUSA (a joke), now they're even gone, so that basically leaves us with BestBuy as a place for computer parts... *sigh*. Fry's is 45 minutes away, don't think this is on sale at the ones here, and Microcenter 55 minutes.
 
So I put the order in a little while ago. Already got the confirmation and tracking# saying it was shipped today. ETA is the 22nd.
 
I got mine and while it cools a decent amound, I was expecting a little better. but I did get a 10C temperature drop overall, and on a 965 C3 that was what I needed. (My mobo wasn't big enough for bigger coolers although I would have liked one
 
Newegg just randomly decided to raise its price from $29.99 free shipping to $59.99 + shipping for no reason one day.

Amazon has held its price steady at $29.99 free shipping during the entire time.

I can only guess Newegg wanted to make this a high margin product ?

They probably wanted to put it in some combo "deals"
 
I just got two of these yesterday from newegg for $29.99 each with free shipping. I look today and they're 49.99 a piece with 7.56 shipping. WTF Newegg?

2

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long ...
Item #: N82E16835103065

Standard Return Policy

$59.98
($29.99 ea)
 
Received mine today. Was okay to install, little long. Had to remove the motherboard, etc. Getting the braces in place was a little tricky. I think it's good though. If I was better at applying the thermal compound it might be even better. But I'm content as long as it's cool and doesn't explode.

I ran prime95 for almost 30minutes and it didn't break 50C. Which I think is pretty damn good considering. I did have to remove my side fan to get it to fit, so my exhaust is a little weak.

All in all I'm happy I decided to get it I think.
 
Back
Top