CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus $19.99

DAMN IT! i do not wanna go to frys again. I have been there 4 weeks in a row. Buying and returning shit. and now this! lol I have a xigmatek i was gonna sell to a friend, now i can sell to him very cheap.

geezo. wish i knew how long this sale is going ot last. not sure when i can get to mc. this is exacly what ive been needing

that I am not sure of. there are several coolers listed in the print add that expires 5/16 but the hyper 212 plus isn't one of them.

Bought one. Though it seems like it should be a winner, my temps aren't terribly impressive. I own a TRUE and a Xigmatek s1283, but I dont have a chance to compare these directly.

I do know, it seems like a 3.4ghz Q6600 G0 at 1.4v should be getting better core temps than 70c.....

Unless I screwed up something in the overly complicated install process. Feels like its well mounted though.....

pretty good cooler if you are not messing with voltages too much. I tried going beyond a point with voltage and the temps skyrocketed.

i'm going to overclock some amd quads to 3.6, shouldn't go past 1.4v. should it be ok then?

This is a nice cooler at a great price. You need to use more thermal paste than usual, but it wasn't too difficult.

wonder if I can get a price adjustment,I bought mine under a month ago.

try firefox?

Availability:
Usually ships in 1-3 business days.

says that for me on the page still

This is a nice cooler at a great price. You need to use more thermal paste than usual, but it wasn't too difficult.

Not really. The ideal TIM application method is placing thin strips between the heatpipes. 4 heatpipes, 3 strips.

If you just place a drop, ala traditional method, you will not have sufficient/even coverage, and probably higher temps as well.

Why is this thing dirt cheap everywhere but Newegg? Its still nearly $60 there!!!

i'm going to overclock some amd quads to 3.6, shouldn't go past 1.4v. should it be ok then?

Yeah, you'll be more than OK.

I will say this though, push/pull arrangement didn't seem to help my temps any with the 212+. The fins are not particularly close together, and the stock fan is rated for 3.9mm/H2O, so it's a decent static pressure model to begin with.

Why is this thing dirt cheap everywhere but Newegg? Its still nearly $60 there!!!

Yeah, I see that too. HUGE price difference.

I'm tempted to get this to replace my stock HSF on my Q8300.

I have stopped myself 3 or 4 times from getting this but my stock AMD cooler is keeping me in the low 20's at idle and a max of 48 after several hours of Prime95 (no shit! Im on stock voltage too! these Athlon II's are great little procs) so I cant really justify even $20 on something I dont need.....but it would be cool to have it.

Yeah, you'll be more than OK.

I will say this though, push/pull arrangement didn't seem to help my temps any with the 212+. The fins are not particularly close together, and the stock fan is rated for 3.9mm/H2O, so it's a decent static pressure model to begin with.

Yeah I noticed this too, my P12 alone is already sufficient. I'm not really a fan of the stock fan b/c it's quite a bit louder than my P12, but I was already dead-set on removing it anyway.

Yeah, I see that too. HUGE price difference.

I'm tempted to get this to replace my stock HSF on my Q8300.

Newegg just randomly decided to raise its price from $29.99 free shipping to $59.99 + shipping for no reason one day.

Amazon has held its price steady at $29.99 free shipping during the entire time.

I can only guess Newegg wanted to make this a high margin product ?

bleh I was to lazy to drive to frys to get $10 refunded, oh well.........

So would this be a good addition to a q9550? Im still using the stock cooler, and I know it sucks except for stock settings but with this be much better?

Newegg just randomly decided to raise its price from $29.99 free shipping to $59.99 + shipping for no reason one day.

Amazon has held its price steady at $29.99 free shipping during the entire time.

supply and demand. Amazon held its price steady, but was out of stock for two months. I know, i was waiting. I finally canceled my order with Amazon and got it from mwave. It's a very good cooler and performs as well as the guys costing 2 and 3 times as much. Picking this up for retail is a no brainer. $10 off you'd be nuts to pass it up.

going fast, 3 left in my local MicroCenter.

thank god for local store pickup, i get to buy now and get it later.

Alright I bit. It said avg ship time is 1-3 business days. I chose 2 day for an extra $3. Hopefully I can return the rocketfish without issue.

yeah for me it's a 55 minute drive each way... lets assume 1 gallon of gas each way, total net savings $4 for 2 hours of my time. Even though this is great, doesn't seem like it's worth it for me. God I fucking hate San Francisco. We had CompUSA (a joke), now they're even gone, so that basically leaves us with BestBuy as a place for computer parts... *sigh*. Fry's is 45 minutes away, don't think this is on sale at the ones here, and Microcenter 55 minutes.

So I put the order in a little while ago. Already got the confirmation and tracking# saying it was shipped today. ETA is the 22nd.

I got mine and while it cools a decent amound, I was expecting a little better. but I did get a 10C temperature drop overall, and on a 965 C3 that was what I needed. (My mobo wasn't big enough for bigger coolers although I would have liked one

They probably wanted to put it in some combo "deals"

I just got two of these yesterday from newegg for $29.99 each with free shipping. I look today and they're 49.99 a piece with 7.56 shipping. WTF Newegg?

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long ...
Item #: N82E16835103065

Standard Return Policy

$59.98
($29.99 ea)

Received mine today. Was okay to install, little long. Had to remove the motherboard, etc. Getting the braces in place was a little tricky. I think it's good though. If I was better at applying the thermal compound it might be even better. But I'm content as long as it's cool and doesn't explode.

I ran prime95 for almost 30minutes and it didn't break 50C. Which I think is pretty damn good considering. I did have to remove my side fan to get it to fit, so my exhaust is a little weak.

All in all I'm happy I decided to get it I think.

Back