• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Control Your TV with Your Hand

Watch it. Someone probably has a patent on that from years ago and never did anything with it so no one really knows about it. Someone is gonna sue your ass in 3, 2, 1....
 
My TV requires 2 remotes: one for my LG TV itself and one for my digital receiver to output sound on my Yamaha 5.1 system. I also have a third remote for my PS3. I'm not sure if this hand gesture "remote" would work for me.
 
My TV requires 2 remotes: one for my LG TV itself and one for my digital receiver to output sound on my Yamaha 5.1 system. I also have a third remote for my PS3. I'm not sure if this hand gesture "remote" would work for me.

Damn man, get with the times.... its called a Logitech Harmony remote. And you're a member of a tech forum. tsk tsk
 
Damn man, get with the times.... its called a Logitech Harmony remote. And you're a member of a tech forum. tsk tsk

Unless I'm mistaken, the Harmony remotes don't have Bluetooth and therefore won't control a PS3.
 
My TV requires 2 remotes: one for my LG TV itself and one for my digital receiver to output sound on my Yamaha 5.1 system. I also have a third remote for my PS3. I'm not sure if this hand gesture "remote" would work for me.

Sure it could; so long as you don't mind hand gestures being non-standard and overlapping across your devices. You could turn to a porn channel while cranking your receiver's volume to 11; it's only a problem if that wasn't your intention.
 
If they make make the sensors smaller and un-noticeable I could see this being good tech.

Otherwise having to purchase 2 huge devices to hook up to the TV doesn't seem productive.
 
My TV requires 2 remotes: one for my LG TV itself and one for my digital receiver to output sound on my Yamaha 5.1 system. I also have a third remote for my PS3. I'm not sure if this hand gesture "remote" would work for me.
Not even thinking about "universal remote" capabilities, I'm wondering how well it'll deal with "remote wars" between viewers (especially young children), will it hard lock, blue screen or have a total meltdown and let the factory smoke out?
 
Yes, everyone wants to hold their arms up for long periods of times.

We saw this before:

badical.jpg



powerglove.jpg



powerglovead.jpg
 
Yes, everyone wants to hold their arms up for long periods of times.[/IMG]

You have to do that with a regular remote anyways. You're just holding your arms up to change the channel or adjusting the volume or whatever. That's all.
 
You have to do that with a regular remote anyways. You're just holding your arms up to change the channel or adjusting the volume or whatever. That's all.

No you don't. You can use it with your arm resting on your arm rest, or in your lap. The device has to point toward the receiver, yes, but it does not have to be hanging in the air (unlike this device).
 
i saw a infomercial on a blanket that has sleeves on it so you can eat cereal while in a blanket... this reminds me of that
 
Um.. raising your hand to change the channel?... isn't that the same as... ah forget it
 
Back
Top