Control Raytracing

Look at the face starting at 1:04 in the video.
On the skin and other textures the noise is amplified with ray traced indirect diffuse lighting but still the overall game has a noise problem which I just can not shake,even with all ray tracing disabled.It is just what I see and I do not like it.

Yeah, like PhaseNoise said I can’t unsee it now lol. Even the textures... are questionable regardless of RTX.

Thanks, I can see it now. And now seen, cannot unsee.

Weird. It's lack of direct relation to the geometry smacks of a post-processing filter having quantization issues.

But in any case, distracting!

Yeah, like PhaseNoise said I can’t unsee it now lol. Even the textures... are questionable regardless of RTX.
Welp...
source.gif

Yeah, the game has a lot of 'noise' for lack of a better word, I am still enjoying it.

Just feels like the noise isn't warranted for the hardware demands this game makes.

I'm fine with it personally. It gives the game a certain feel that I don't mind, it's just a stylistic choice. Although, just like the motion blur, they need to add an option to turn it off.

They are both visual features that make the game look better on the consoles, but on the PC with higher resolutions and FPS I would agree it's not expected.

The game patch did indeed fix the noise in the game on textures,ray traced indirect diffuse lighting is also fixed.This should be awesome now without distraction.
Now do I play in 4K or Ultrawide,I think Ultrawida is my favorite way to play games today 3840x1440.

You mean 3440, and yes UW is an amazing way to play, I much prefer it over my 4k Samsung.

You mean 3440, and yes UW is an amazing way to play, I much prefer it over my 4k Samsung.

OHHHHH them's fighting words.I live in Kitchener .No I did mean 3840x1440 but I also use 3440x1440 and I was going to put 3440 there and thought there is no way someone would point that out.

OHHHHH them's fighting words.I live in Kitchener .No I did mean 3840x1440 but I also use 3440x1440 and I was going to put 3440 there and thought there is no way someone would point that out.

Wait, is the new UW monitor set out? 200Hz? Edit: Seriously I'm waiting, I want details!!!!

I always see them promised, but holy hell do they take forever to get to market.

Also, of course someone here would point that out, and is that an invitation ;)?

Last edited:
No not a new monitor,just using my 4K computer monitor to run the ultrawide in games,I prefer 3840x1440 over 3440x1440 but it really does not matter.
I knew someone would point it out and of course my door is always open for anyone to drop by.I originally from Cape Breton all us fuckers are friendly.

No not a new monitor,just using my 4K computer monitor to run the ultrawide in games,I prefer 3840x1440 over 3440x1440 but it really does not matter.
I knew someone would point it out and of course my door is always open for anyone to drop by.I originally from Cape Breton all us fuckers are friendly.

Dang, you had my hopes up. Problem with my 4k TV is its only 60hz, and I really enjoy the 100hz 3440/1440. Need more Hz!

If I'm ever out that way I'll swing by, never been to Ontario and I've always wanted to go. Calgary boy here myself, one of the few actually born and raised here these days and I don't even work in O&G.

I have never lived in Calgary been have visited there and did the Calgary,Banff,Edmonton trip with some stops golfing.Always fun and the bars in Calgary were fine,well some of them anyway.

I have worked in construction but never ventured out that way as many of the people from my home town did.Out west it is full of Cape Bretoners and NewFoundland people it's overrun with them.

You know I got rid of my g-sync monitor up to 165Hz/Freesync 144Hz and mainly game on 4K Freesync 60Hz and I do not mind at all,going to buy ultrawide monitor but they are just a little wide for my computer desk I built into my wall.I only made it 29"wide for monitor and a 12" shelf,maybe got to remove the shelf and go 34"ultrawide.

Now since this game is fixed up to where I do not mind the look of the game,I think I will go play it.
Not being weird here,I actually have a spare room in my house where people drop by sometimes and anyone is welcome.

I have never lived in Calgary been have visited there and did the Calgary,Banff,Edmonton trip with some stops golfing.Always fun and the bars in Calgary were fine,well some of them anyway.

I have worked in construction but never ventured out that way as many of the people from my home town did.Out west it is full of Cape Bretoners and NewFoundland people it's overrun with them.

You know I got rid of my g-sync monitor up to 165Hz/Freesync 144Hz and mainly game on 4K Freesync 60Hz and I do not mind at all,going to buy ultrawide monitor but they are just a little wide for my computer desk I built into my wall.I only made it 29"wide for monitor and a 12" shelf,maybe got to remove the shelf and go 34"ultrawide.

Now since this game is fixed up to where I do not mind the look of the game,I think I will go play it.
Not being weird here,I actually have a spare room in my house where people drop by sometimes and anyone is welcome.

If your ever back around I'll take you on a microbrew tour, we have some really good ones popping up all over.

new drivers and patch the same fps 2080 ti 9900k. 35-45fps on heavy combat with all of stuff like physx and destructions mess ( you know )....1440p msaa4x rt HIGH

But despite of fps feeling more smooth i think , dont know maybe its me or illusion

ps:
Funny that i overclocked memory + 500mhz and core+70 and 0 difference in fps on my Wateforce Xtreme 2080 Ti. I mean core is like 2050mhz and memory +500mhz and no difference. Plus occasinally crashing on 2055-2070mhz so i definitely dial back down oc.

So yeah i will play on 1440P res output ..render 1080P + 4MSAA,RT HIGH and 60+fps above and still looking awesome.
And no DLSS 960P ,looks like PS4 or XBOX shit low res:)

Last edited:
I miss a great linear type game. This has an open world feel but is very linear and they did an amazing job of combining the 2.

I have a 2080ti and control with all ray tracing on chugged and lugged my frame rate down badly at 3440x1440.

I have a 3900x so I'm not cpu limited at all so this game is just brutal on GPU with all RT functions on. Makes me wished I had SLI fornthese moments.

Oh and Jesse is hot in real life. You should watch her studio tour she gives.

Last edited:
The game is amazing, they spent a lot of time on motion capture (just watch the characters standing around, or when you can fly).

I found it perfectly playable at both 4k and 3440/1440 on medium RTX and no MSAA. DLSS is garbage and makes it look like a Nintendo 64 game.

All RTX on and/or MSAA and its chugging.

The game is amazing, they spent a lot of time on motion capture (just watch the characters standing around, or when you can fly).

I found it perfectly playable at both 4k and 3440/1440 on medium RTX and no MSAA. DLSS is garbage and makes it look like a Nintendo 64 game.

I ended up with medium + rtx high at 3440x1440.

Can confirm, patch makes Indirect diffuse lighting not look like crap! Also, performance did go up. I had to disable it before, because to me, it looked horrible.

Running with full RT settings at 1440p, MSAA at 2x all other settings maxed. Getting about 50~60 FPS at worst, higher FPS in small areas. Not using DLSS.

The game is a ton of fun so far, I'm hooked!

Can confirm, patch makes Indirect diffuse lighting not look like crap! Also, performance did go up. I had to disable it before, because to me, it looked horrible.

Running with full RT settings at 1440p, MSAA at 2x all other settings maxed. Getting about 50~60 FPS at worst, higher FPS in small areas. Not using DLSS.

The game is a ton of fun so far, I'm hooked!
What card do you have?

What card do you have?
eVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra... overclocked at 2130Mhz core and 8000Mhz memory.

Sadly, I did hit 45 FPS last night when I reached the Ordinary Dump site area... but TBH, the gsync kept it feeling smooth in that section. Wasn't worth rendering lower than 1440p to gain the FPS back. This game looks much better to me rendered at native resolution to my monitor.

Yeah also 1440P native with DLSS -->960P ,looks like row res sh*t. So i prefer 1440P res with render 1080P and its awesome performance and graphic. With 1440P render is slow i mean 35-45fps but yeah my jaw is wide open then hehe. Thats on 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce.

Yeah also 1440P native with DLSS -->960P ,looks like row res sh*t. So i prefer 1440P res with render 1080P and its awesome performance and graphic. With 1440P render is slow i mean 35-45fps but yeah my jaw is wide open then hehe. Thats on 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce.

35~45 FPS seems low for a 2080Ti at 2K. I was getting well over that with 48 FPS generally being the lowest I got in massively open areas. Have you overclocked ur Ti at all yet? Although, i don't know ur PC specs either, so maybe that's a limiting factor?

35~45 FPS seems low for a 2080Ti at 2K. I was getting well over that with 48 FPS generally being the lowest I got in massively open areas. Have you overclocked ur Ti at all yet? Although, i don't know ur PC specs either, so maybe that's a limiting factor?
Its normal fps. I was mean during heavy combat with all of stuff on. Even on youtube have the same fps on the same pc.I have 9900K.

1440P res,RTX HIGH,all HIGHEST. 48fps and not below is not possible on that.

Last edited:
Its normal fps. I was mean during heavy combat with all of stuff on. Even on youtube have the same fps on the same pc.I have 9900K.

1440P res,RTX HIGH,all HIGHEST. 48fps and not below is not possible on that.

I suppose it's possible I never noticed in those situations during gameplay... I'm half tempted to go back and see. Was this before or after the patch that fixed Indirect diffuse lighting? I know after that patch my FPS increased quite noticeably.

I am actually playing on new AORUS monitor AD27QD 1440P GSYNC 27inch and i must say that 40fps on massive action is not smooth for me. So i am playing on 1440P to 1080P render res.

I suppose it's possible I never noticed in those situations during gameplay... I'm half tempted to go back and see. Was this before or after the patch that fixed Indirect diffuse lighting? I know after that patch my FPS increased quite noticeably.

Yeah, that video he posted was from launch day.

Most RTX reviews are like that. Posted before they’ve really been optimized. Unfortunately they rarely ever go back and check performance again.

FPS on 1440P with MSAA 4x with RTX HIGH is low to 35fps even after patches etc.Just better play without MSAA to gain 3fps. Its optimalization issue,the same problem aspect was in Quantum Break when playing on 1440P.

There many locations and on heavy combat it drops to like that on any 2080 Ti;s actually.

Last edited:
FPS on 1440P with MSAA 4x with RTX HIGH is low to 35fps even after patches etc.Just better play without MSAA to gain 3fps. Its optimalization issue,the same problem aspect was in Quantum Break when playing on 1440P.

There many locations and on heavy combat it drops to like that on any 2080 Ti;s actually.

I don’t think it’s largely optimization, it’s the demands of RTX on hardware.

Yeah DLSS -->960P looks very pixelated ,sux. I cant concentrate on RTX effects because of that. Only way is playing on 1080P render res.Output 1440P.

Yeah, rendor res 1080p and medium +rtx high keeps it above 60 most of the time for me. I also play at 6’ away from a 55” TV so the reduction in resolution isn’t really noticeable to me.

I beat this a while ago, but man what a game, what an experience. It is not for everyone but I loved it, the difficulty/power up curve was excellently managed, the animations where amazing, that weird ink effect looked fantastic, the soundscape made me wonder if I was going mad! About the only complaint I had was that the enemies where just to dark to appreciate.

This is one of those games that will stick with me for a while, and I'll likely play again especially with RTX hardware version 2.

I bought new monitor IPS AORUS AD27QD and using DLSS 960P looking much better. And its not looking like Nintendo 64 game,weird.

Back