Conspiracy Theory of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is NASA hiding something? Long time [H] ready Izzy Reed sent me a link to this picture taken by NASA. Looks normal at first but, after you crank up the brightness on the original image, you see a bit of weirdness going on behind one of Saturn’s moons. Proof of liens or bad just Photoshop work by NASA?

oh30hj.jpg

Aliens would have more ass probes! Total black hole!

That's the hook that holds it up. It's all fake. The moon landing was faked. The world is flat. Aaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Obviously a standard photoshop brush out. But the question remains, why? What did they need to brush out?

oh30hj.jpg

Aliens would have more ass probes! Total black hole!

An attempt to be serious here...

I would have liked to have seen the original image. There does appear to be something "shopped" out. There is reddish object (maybe another moon) in between the moon in front and Saturn.

Aside from that... I think it is the mother of that creature from Cloverfield :eek:

It does look like something bright colored was covered up. But if NASA was trying to hide something, they wouldn't even release a photo shopped version of the photo. Because they were trying to show the gibbous phase of Titan, they probably covered up whatever was bright in order to better show the shadow.

So. following the linky leads to just ONE of the images, WHOM might be photoshopping Mr. Izzy?? ( if that is your REAL name!) :p

From the description of the original image:

Credit: NASA/JPL/SSI; Color composite: Emily Lakdawalla (bolding mine)

*ALL* deep space probe images are composites of multiple images taken from different sensors. Note: THERE ARE NO STANDARD RGB CONSUMER TYPE CAMERA SENSORS ABOARD ANY OF NASA'S DEEP SPACE PROBES! The posted image is probably a composite of infrared, visible, and ultraviolet images converted into a false color image, hence it needs photoshopping to make it look pretty.

Wow guys you didn't get too far into the links from that page apppently. This is the post from the lady who did the color composite back in April.

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00002437/
Photoshopping
Alex, you're correct that Photoshop was involved, though not perhaps for the reason you think. Cassini takes color pictures by snapping three sequential photos through red, green, and blue filters. In the time that separated the three frames, Dione moved, so if I did a simple color composite I would be able to make Titan look right, but not Dione; or Dione look right, but not Titan. So I aligned Dione, cut it out, and then aligned Titan, and then had to account for the missing bits of shadow where the bits of Dione had been in two of the three channels. I explain this process in much more detail in this post: http://planetary.org/blog/article/00002427/
#3 - Emily Lakdawalla - 04/20/2010 - 11:25

Wow guys you didn't get too far into the links from that page apppently. This is the post from the lady who did the color composite back in April.

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00002437/

You know thats total goverment conspiracy crap! Total alien overlord mothership coverup!

Now if you click the channels tab on photoshop you can see bits of the mothership "shadow" dissapear when you hide the channels! But this is total crap! like those hollywood moon landings! The aliens run hollywood, so thats why film effects look shitty now, because they want you to believe in the relism of crap like the moon landings! Which is total crap, because think about it, after the first 1919 trans atlantic flight, there was commercial flights by the 1930s! Now there was "moon landings" in the 1960s. Wheres the commercial moon flights!? total alien mothership overlord coverup type shenanighens!

You know thats total goverment conspiracy crap! Total alien overlord mothership coverup!

Now if you click the channels tab on photoshop you can see bits of the mothership "shadow" dissapear when you hide the channels! But this is total crap! like those hollywood moon landings! The aliens run hollywood, so thats why film effects look shitty now, because they want you to believe in the relism of crap like the moon landings! Which is total crap, because think about it, after the first 1919 trans atlantic flight, there was commercial flights by the 1930s! Now there was "moon landings" in the 1960s. Wheres the commercial moon flights!? total alien mothership overlord coverup type shenanighens!

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS, PLEASE STANDBY WHILE WE SUCK DOWN YOUR NATURAL RESOURCES AND DNA. THANK YOU

ID4?!?! More like IDK, amirite?!

Also, if there is a monolith, I will shit bricks with dimension of 1^2 x 2^2 x 3^2

picard-facepalm.jpg

dione_titan_cassini_20100410_lg.png
I totally can't find anything wrong with this picture.

Someone should be fired for bad MSPaint job.

It does look like something bright colored was covered up. But if NASA was trying to hide something, they wouldn't even release a photo shopped version of the photo. Because they were trying to show the gibbous phase of Titan, they probably covered up whatever was bright in order to better show the shadow.

Yeah thats what seems most likely to me.

This is probably because of this -> Color composite: Emily Lakdawalla.

Note the exposure has been increased on both.

Original Photo:
orig.jpg

Colored:
colored.jpg

Bah you guys getting all worked up over 1 ship hiding in the shadow of one of Saturns moons. Thats nothing compared to the fleet of cloaked Romulans surrounding Earth right now.

heavymetal-742174.jpg

if you look closely it's actually just that ship in the picture.

Oooo... I feel enlightened just viewing this wonderful saintly image!

Which direction do I have to point myself when I pray to this guy? Toward Italy?

If you look at the classic moon landing photo where the earth is setting over the moon horizon, it is obviously edited, because the earth would be over three times bigger than it appears, while in the photo it is the same size as the moon would be!

If you look at the classic moon landing photo where the earth is setting over the moon horizon, it is obviously edited, because the earth would be over three times bigger than it appears, while in the photo it is the same size as the moon would be!
No no no. You have it mixed up. The Astronauts only weighed like 57lbs on the moon, so the Earth on the Moon would also weight about a third less. Don't forget to carry the 1. Thats where most people make the mistake.

Maybe the camera had to scan it a few times, so there would have been "echoes" of the moon behind itas it had moved each time it was scanned, those got photoshopped out.

They found the Enterprise after it did a time warp into the past. Had to cover it up. It was in orbit conducting repairs.

Nasa shops must of the pix to make them look "better". Youtube is filled with hidden moonbase or hidden alien ruins videos showing NASA chopped photos.

Back