Conroe & Cell Factor Demo?

cyks said:
Like your SATA-II HDD?

Ooops, did you forget you had a signiture?

Yup because no one has a reason for a hard drive. I am also sure Sata-II hard drives must cost $50 more then any other sata hard drive.

cyks said:
Like your SATA-II HDD?

Ooops, did you forget you had a signiture?

I don't understand your point??? Over here in th UK I have found that generally the price difference between a SATA and SATA II drive is negligable. Why would anyone buy an SATA drive when they can have a SATA II for the same price??? (Infact, the WD SATA II's are cheaper than the respective WD SATA's from the site i get my parts from).

Also, if someone wants to buy into 'gimmicks' then who the hell am I or anybody else to tell them what they can or can't do with their own money???

Sorry cyks, this isn't necessarily aimed at yourself as I am (guessing) that what you said was said with a hint of sarcasm, but more toward the people that deem fit to judge others based on what they choose to do with their own money.

EDIT: This is not posted in defense of Terra and his purchases, as half the time I am sure that he posts just to wind people up..... (I may be wrong)

Source said:
EDIT: This is not posted in defense of Terra and his purchases, as half the time I am sure that he posts just to wind people up..... (I may be wrong)

You are wrong...

Terra - You got anything more stupid to say?

Terra said:
You are wrong...

Terra - You got anything more stupid to say?

Terra.... you say more than enough stupid things to cover every other single user on this forum. :rolleyes:

Don't even pretend that you don't post in an attempt to wind people up, you do it all the time. Your view is not necessarly the right or the wrong view. It is your view as I am entitled to mine and everybody else entitled to theirs. What makes you right and everybody else wrong? Nothing does. What you post is an opinion and nothing else so don't try and make it anything other than it is.....

Try to stop being so overly self righteous all the time because it doesn't do you any favours.

Peace out dude :)

Source - Voice of the common man........

Source said:
Terra.... you say more than enough stupid things to cover every other single user on this forum. :rolleyes:

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinairy evidence...
Where is your proof?
Empty words holds no value....

Don't even pretend that you don't post in an attempt to wind people up, you do it all the time.

Where is your proof?
Empty words holds no value...

Your view is not necessarly the right or the wrong view. It is your view as I am entitled to mine and everybody else entitled to theirs. What makes you right and everybody else wrong? Nothing does.

The fact deterrmines this...
I am one of the only posters in this forum that actually have the hardware, has the software and post real world experiences...welcome to the real world...

What you post is an opinion and nothing else so don't try and make it anything other than it is.....

I guess posting videoes, tests and first hand experinces slipped under your "radar"? :rolleyes:

Try to stop being so overly self righteous all the time because it doesn't do you any favours.

I am still looking for a single valid argument in your post...please repost and highlight it, in case I missed it?!

Peace out dude :)

I can't use your empty words for anything, please feel free to repost when you have a valid argument...

Source - Voice of the common man........

You got any documentation/evidence to support your claim?

Terra - Was that all you got?! :rolleyes:

Dude, you just proved my point right there. Your entire previous post is an attempt to wind me up and I'm sorry dude, it just isn't working.

Real world experience does not equal real world fact. An experience is something that can be many things to many people. If something works for you, then good.... I'm happy for you.

I am not here to start a flame war, so this is the last I will say and I suggest the same to yourself.

Peace out ;)

Terra said:
Where is your proof?
Empty words holds no value....

Where is your proof?
Empty words holds no value...

The fact deterrmines this...
I am one of the only posters in this forum that actually have the hardware, has the software and post real world experiences...welcome to the real world...

I guess posting videoes, tests and first hand experinces slipped under your "radar"? :rolleyes:

I am still looking for a single valid argument in your post...please repost and highlight it, in case I missed it?!

I can't use your empty words for anything, please feel free to repost when you have a valid argument...

You got any documentation/evidence to support your claim?

Terra - Was that all you got?! :rolleyes:
i just read this entire thread.

your annoying.

end of story.

Wreckless_Process said:

your annoying.

end of story.
I love you.

But... BUT! That was Terra's longest post... he double, even triple and probably even quadruple posts...

Holy shit man, use the edit button more often.

Borgschulze said:
I love you.

But... BUT! That was Terra's longest post... he double, even triple and probably even quadruple posts...

Holy shit man, use the edit button more often.

Yeah he seems to only want to fight now and stay off topic.I keep trying to report his posts but nothing happens.

LuminaryJanitor said:
It doesn't matter how realistic you can make it look. If the gameplay doesn't work, it's not going to happen. This is not a question of hardware. Developers have the capacity to build fully destructible environments right now. And they're not doing it. What makes you think they will in the future?

I fully understand destructible environments are a design choice - and that the computational requirements of doing what I would like to see done are far beyond what we're likely to see anytime in the future - but I'm not talking about just destructible environments.

I see no innovation in a physics card that lets me do things that are already entirely possible, just at a higher frames per second. These physics, just like walls - are nothing but a crutch under the arm of already-tired genres - we need some real innovation - if Aegia expects me to give up $300 and a pci slot for their card, they need to be providing a whole lot more than quicker numbers.

Wreckless_Process said:

your annoying.

end of story.

You can deliver nothing but "argumentum ad hominem" and you point the finger at me? :rolleyes:

Terra - Still no valid arguments...please try again or use this: Link :rolleyes:

Source said:
Dude, you just proved my point right there. Your entire previous post is an attempt to wind me up and I'm sorry dude, it just isn't working.

Don't lie...I asked for documentation, you delivered nothing...game over.

Real world experience does not equal real world fact.

A vauge an even false statement.
I jump up, gravity pulls me down.
I inhale, my lungs fills...
I thought you where goanna deliver in this post? :rolleyes:

An experience is something that can be many things to many people. If something works for you, then good.... I'm happy for you.

Still looking for documentation of your previously claims? :confused:
I mean, you don't just wanna rant and deliver nothing...or do you?

I am not here to start a flame war, so this is the last I will say and I suggest the same to yourself.

No, I can se that you deliver tons af argumentation and documentation for your claims *CHOUGH* :rolleyes:

Terra - Arguments here, bitching in my PM, thanks :rolleyes:

Terra you buy the PR so much, yet you point out others how they bring up the GPU physics.

FACT #1

Ageia has no Killer app, and thats why its not being received well by the general consumers.

FACT #2

Physics have been done on CPU's so far, and some pretty nice and incredible stuff has been done, E.G. Half Life 2, yeah don't give me your story so far Half Life 2's physics are more impressive than anything that AGEIA has had in playable form.

FACT #3

Crysis' physics are done on the CPU alone, and look more impressive than anything that AGEIA has had in playable form.

So you can read and buy as much PR as you want but its the games that matter, and while you spend $300, I am enjoying great quality physics with my CPU.

Flexmaster said:
Terra you buy the PR so much, yet you point out others how they bring up the GPU physics.
I think Terra drives poeple away from Ageia PhysX with his way of communicating.
FACT #1
Ageia has no Killer app, and thats why its not being received well by the general consumers.
Yes that $300 stands out hey does it? without tha games.
As has everething sucsesfull been in its very early stages of market exceptance. This is not a fact but poeple ignoring the possibility in the future where the real battle between physic solution is fought. The moment one or more killer aps are there the opinion takes a 1- 80ty Turn. All is open wait how it turns out. 65+ games coming up most will be miss fits like Graw. But a couple could be the one(s)
FACT #2

Physics have been done on CPU's so far, and some pretty nice and incredible stuff has been done, E.G. Half Life 2, yeah don't give me your story so far Half Life 2's physics are more impressive than anything that AGEIA has had in playable form.
So you judge ageia on that one game Graw, while 65+ coming up. Besides that a CPU is a common target platform dominator so Gameplay physics on CPU low scale and shared Performance level is no problem. Wich limits its detail and scale. But put to good use can add considerly. But its more HL2 vs Graw what you are doing now. Ageia isn't GRaw but what the near future brings of games. HL2 is a Class AAA title mostly put agains a other class AAA title of it time. For Ageia this would be UT2007. crysis is a Class AAA title but a very different game in that same competive time frame.
FACT #3

Crysis' physics are done on the CPU alone, and look more impressive than anything that AGEIA has had in playable form.
Imangine how more deatailed Crysis could be if they support GPU physics for effects and uses PPU for gameplay Physx. They choose the CPU so they restrict them selfs in what scale and Detail there game can have by the Physx limits of a DC can do.
But again. Crysis is a beautifull game of rendering a isle in full glory.
But then agian I would compare it agianst a isle rendering hardware Physcs enable game. Wich isn't there. will there be one, dont know. Wich take the time to make a AAA class title. The only class AAA title ageia has is UT2007. unreal3 engine. And i'am not aware there will be a unreal based jungle isle based game. The apple and peers delemma.
Crysis will stand on it's own.
So you can read and buy as much PR as you want but its the games that matter, and while you spend $300,
Thats aimded at terra.
I am enjoying great quality physics with my CPU.
Well the way I look at this has not much to do With ageia Havok FX. But what the Dev's do with it. Crysis has a dev team witch have the resourses and know how, budged and time to make a greate game. And in that game design from them. Would be emersive jungle and scenery a game goal. To draw the player in it.
If they pull it off it would be what ever Physicx done right. To support a nice real looking game renderer. The point is Ageia but also havokFX are gone proof them selfs on other type of games. Not necicerly a jungle isle game.

Keep in mind that all Dev team are differen. Also all Game design and goals as only a very few are aiming at a jungle isle.

Keep this in mind what could ageia and HavokFX could have ment for this Crysis Game projects and the level of emersion. It could be a large step up.

Altho the desruction/interaction of the jungle has some inter activity and works emersive it still of a fix and limited fealing it could be more enhanced with hardware acceleration by Ageia or havok solution. With large scale and detail.

Different game different physcx needs. The one can be more with it but for others the same feature would be icing on the cake. Like this interactvity is much apriciated in a jungle isle map. But for a mostly indoor game with a room full of plantswhere you got a jungle feel it misused to waste so much detail on one room. Destrucable object where other rooms are full from is a better choice. Then interacting dense fooliage of house plants.

I don't know a simmelar game like crysis but farcry.

Crytek didn't always have a budget though, look at Far Cry. That is an amazing first game from a company, physics aren't half bad either.

Terra said:
You can deliver nothing but "argumentum ad hominem" and you point the finger at me? :rolleyes:

Terra - Still no valid arguments...please try again or use this: Link :rolleyes:
will you please just shut your mouth.

big words and being a smart ass wont make people like you, enjoy you, nor will it make u "cooler" than any of us.

i put it simple, you are annoying. every post u have had in this thread have been off topic and uninformative.

i dont care if u can say that i brought nothing but argumentum ad hominem, that does now erase the fact you feed of peoples anger, your a drama queen, and by far one of the most obnoxious people ive ever seen post.

please just be quiet, and leave us alone.

because as of now, your just about the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Wreckless_Process said:
will you please just shut your mouth.

big words and being a smart ass wont make people like you, enjoy you, nor will it make u "cooler" than any of us.

i put it simple, you are annoying. every post u have had in this thread have been off topic and uninformative.

i dont care if u can say that i brought nothing but argumentum ad hominem, that does now erase the fact you feed of peoples anger, your a drama queen, and by far one of the most obnoxious people ive ever seen post.

please just be quiet, and leave us alone.

because as of now, your just about the smartest kid with down syndrome.
This is a PPU forum. You have nothing to say about PPUs. Why are you even here?

This is not a soap opra, if you don't like someone, go cry somewhere else other than the PPU forum. You should also try the ignore list, like how I am about to use it on you.

OnTopic: Crysis has been in development long, long, before Ageia became public (and it is still in development too), so when some of you try to use the ol' Crysis argument, I just laugh. Bottom line: CPU cannot compete with dedicated hardware. Never has, never will.

hfx392 said:
I see no innovation in a physics card that lets me do things that are already entirely possible, just at a higher frames per second.
A PPU does not do it at higher frames per second. You, like so many others, are mistaking its job for a GPU.

hfx392 said:
These physics, just like walls - are nothing but a crutch under the arm of already-tired genres - we need some real innovation - if Aegia expects me to give up $300 and a pci slot for their card, they need to be providing a whole lot more than quicker numbers.
physics are like walls? Tired genres?
So you are saying RPGs, FPS, MMOs, Strategy, Puzzle, Platform, Arcade genres are tired of physics? That makes absolutly no sense whatsoever.

The only thing tired here are you guys coming into the PPU forum and personally attacking terra and PPUs. You first get tired of trying to prove ideas that have already been proven irrelevent or moot, and then you go after terra as a personality.

cyks said:
A PPU does not do it at higher frames per second. You, like so many others, are mistaking its job for a GPU.

physics are like walls? Tired genres?
So you are saying RPGs, FPS, MMOs, Strategy, Puzzle, Platform, Arcade genres are tired of physics? That makes absolutly no sense whatsoever.

The only thing tired here are you guys coming into the PPU forum and personally attacking terra and PPUs. You first get tired of trying to prove ideas that have already been proven irrelevent or moot, and then you go after terra as a personality.

I have yet to see them prove any comment moot or irrelevant let alone stay on topic for a while post. Maybe if you stopped attacking people for there opinions then maybe we will stop attacking you for yours.

hfx392 said:
I fully understand destructible environments are a design choice - and that the computational requirements of doing what I would like to see done are far beyond what we're likely to see anytime in the future - but I'm not talking about just destructible environments.

I see no innovation in a physics card that lets me do things that are already entirely possible, just at a higher frames per second. These physics, just like walls - are nothing but a crutch under the arm of already-tired genres - we need some real innovation - if Aegia expects me to give up $300 and a pci slot for their card, they need to be providing a whole lot more than quicker numbers.

the PhysX PPU is innovation. Its hardware Innovation. Now all we need is for a game developer to deem it necisary to take advantage of the capable hardware. as others have stated it is not in the developers intrest to make a truely destructable environment because it would make more work for them in level design.
so until a developer decides that they want to work for their money, and make something new (far cry is moving towards this, but I suspect will reach the edge of CPU capabilities soon), we will not see fully destructable environments.

nhusby said:
the PhysX PPU is innovation. Its hardware Innovation. Now all we need is for a game developer to deem it necisary to take advantage of the capable hardware. as others have stated it is not in the developers intrest to make a truely destructable environment because it would make more work for them in level design.
so until a developer decides that they want to work for their money, and make something new (far cry is moving towards this, but I suspect will reach the edge of CPU capabilities soon), we will not see fully destructable environments.

The full game-version of CellFactor will feature fully destructable architechture...
I believe that "Joint Task Force" also will feature something simmilar...

Terra...

Terra said:
The full game-version of CellFactor will feature fully destructable architechture...
I believe that "Joint Task Force" also will feature something simmilar...

Terra...
Joint Task Force will also have it's fully destructable "buildings" done with and without a ppu. Cellfactor considering it's initial post and how small that map was would be easy to figure it could have fully destructable setting but they havn't showed it yet. If you look at games like Prey, Splinter Cell or Grand Theft Auto you will never see them in the forceiable future do fully destructive enviroments because they have huge maps that could never be done in a reasonable amount of development time. Also Joint Task Force seems to have pre determined destruction points for there building so it's not even close to what we were PR fed by Ageia that the ppu can do.

Some unofficial claims

can't go into full details yet, but here's general info about some of the new stuff:

- 4x as many interactive objects as CellFactor: Combat Training
- Fully destructable architecture
- 16 player online support, server-side physics density configuration for varying bandwidth capabilities
- Player character classes, including Weapons or Psi-oriented characters
- Extremely powerful new Psi Abilities -- become a living god.
- Plenty of new maps, new weapons, and new vehicles, including a treaded tank and a mech power-suit
- Dual-wielding, trading Psi Power for an extra weapon.
- New core gameplay modes (such as Assault), and physics-oriented sports modes
- Improved bots, supporting all gameplay modes, psi abilities, and vehicles

'Fully destructable architecture'. Don't say anything on wich PhysX detail or in what degree its fixed, only about the scale in the game.
Wich would be. You can destroy anything. Terrain structures objects NPC vehicles.
But in what detail.
Plus it's not official.

Besides that I'am not into Hyping something. More just wait and see and enjoy what they come up with or not.

SuperGee said:
But in what detail.
Plus it's not official.
It doesn't go into detail because it is not official... you answered your own question.

Back