Conores release date in the USA?

Serge84

Gawd
I pre ordered a conroe, I wonder when the USA will get theirs. I hear the 27th of this month. The 4th or 8th of august. Can't intel make up their minds? :rolleyes: And the release date to other parts of the world is august 26th? This is silly.

Anybody know where you can go to pre order a conroe at a resonible date that uses paypal? Or will newegg be the 1st to get them?

Thanks a lot.

I think the official release is the 27th of July. However, people are rumbling about various retailers notifying them that stock will not be available until first week of august. If you want the MSRP on these, wait until late august to early september. That is what I am doing anyways, using my fellowship money for frivolous upgrading.

Hm. August 7th eh

I hope Tankguys was right about getting them this week. I'd rather not wait a week if possible....

(waits impatiently)

ClubIT is taking orders starting on the 27th, though I don't know what their stock is going to look like. (Or prices, for that matter)

jebo_4jc said:
Hm. August 7th eh

I hope Tankguys was right about getting them this week. I'd rather not wait a week if possible....

(waits impatiently)

Same here!

Ok. I know I'm going to sound immensely noobish but I have to know some things. Lately I haven't really been keeping up with any of the new cpus coming out. My dad is coming into a little bit of money probably towards the end of August, maybe end of September and he wants to me build him a top end pc. Actually I'm to build one for both of us (I love my dad!).

So my questions are, are the Conroe and the Core 2 Duo's the same? If so then I take it that's why I can't actually find any Core 2 Duo's yet. Does anybody know any kind of price range for these or what speeds will be offered?

Thanks

Paithar said:
Ok. I know I'm going to sound immensely noobish but I have to know some things. Lately I haven't really been keeping up with any of the new cpus coming out. My dad is coming into a little bit of money probably towards the end of August, maybe end of September and he wants to me build him a top end pc. Actually I'm to build one for both of us (I love my dad!).

So my questions are, are the Conroe and the Core 2 Duo's the same? If so then I take it that's why I can't actually find any Core 2 Duo's yet. Does anybody know any kind of price range for these or what speeds will be offered?

Thanks
Yes. Conroe is the code name Intel used for Core 2 Duo.
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTEwNiwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

Does that place take paypal? :(

And Duos are 1st gen cores of the new arcs, Conroe duo 2 is like a god to the previous cores. 20% performance difference 400mhz lower then a AMD. And OC like monsters. 5.3ghz is the world record on these things. Bows networst out of the water and the doors off AMD's. :D

Hello.

The conroe ( core two ), and the core duo's are completely different. The core duo's are in the same league as the A64 X2's. The conroes are completely better across the board for the most part. The core duo is a notebook part, and as such has very limited motherboard options.

Cruise on over to anandtech for:

1) Prices/Speeds via "The Empire Strikes Back" article

2) A motherboard review in "Feeding the Beast" article

I'm not intending to give any preference to anandtech here, I'm just more familiar with the articles they have put out.

You definitely want core 2. Most likely a E6600, with the Asus board - but we can all argue about that.

It's a great time to buy. Don't listen to the naysayers who say wait till 32 core comes around.

Paithar said:

Thanks

Conroe was the original codename for Core 2 Duo...people call it Conroe still because its short and cool to say! They are the same. You cannot find them out yet because they are not, officially. They are supposed to be released on the 27th.

Read this about that, http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2531
"Update 06/18/2006: Intel has pushed the official embargo of Conroe to July 27, 2006 (the shipment dates are still July 23), and AMD has moved the Socket F launch to August 1, 2006."

and here is the pricing http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3228

Back