connect3d x1950xtx NO ADAPTER

hiroler

Weaksauce
I just wanted to say how pissed off I am that I got 2 day air on my new x1950xtx and it didn't come with a 6 pin adapter to power it. WHYY??? I called around locally and nobody even knows what im talking about, lol... grrrrrrrrr where do i get one of these friggin things

hiroler said:
I just wanted to say how pissed off I am that I got 2 day air on my new x1950xtx and it didn't come with a 6 pin adapter to power it. WHYY??? I called around locally and nobody even knows what im talking about, lol... grrrrrrrrr where do i get one of these friggin things
http://www.svc.com/pcie-converter.html

well i'm at penn state .. you want to sent me one? =) i just ordered one off ebay from california, probably take a week to get here....

I got rca adapters, sound adapters, s video adapters, dvi adapters, adapters that i dont even know what are for... BUT NO POWER ADAPTER? ugghhh

yeah i have no patience.. thanks for the link, i'll buy one from them too, see which one comes faster

hiroler said:
well i'm at penn state .. you want to sent me one? =) i just ordered one off ebay from california, probably take a week to get here....

I got rca adapters, sound adapters, s video adapters, dvi adapters, adapters that i dont even know what are for... BUT NO POWER ADAPTER? ugghhh
In Connect3d's defense, most modern PSUs have PCI-e connectors.

They figured that if some one is getting a X1950XTX then that some one should have a PSU to go with it. Of course there isn't anything wrong with the PSU you have (I used to have one) but I would think about upgrading it.

welp if this puppy can run the x1950xtx with my other junk, im not too worried about upgrading until i go crazy and get a 2nd video card.. but looking inside my case, i'm gunna lose another pci slot if i add another GIGANTIC video card

eehhh right.. another pci-e and one of my two pci's.. leaving me with just the one pci for my SCSI drives

Hey, I just got my Sapphire X1950XTX OEM from Newegg and it came with the PCI-E power addpater...LOL. Actually it came with everything you would a expect in an ATi Retail Box.

Edit: Just so you guys know, Sapphire has a 2 year warranty and it's usually given by the reseller which in this case is NEWEGG which from personal experience have an awesome RMA Service.

im in.. to c3d headquarters we go..

they still give out sata power adapters, i demand pci-e !!!

I picked up my C3D X1950XTX yesturday and i never thought about the power adapter not being there. I dont think they could fit one in that little box if they tried. It was a pretty tight fit. I kinda expected something a little more flashy for the box that carries such a high end card. Not that the box really matters but it doesn't seen that it would protect it at all.
BTW the box contained everything that was in the pic above with the exeption of the power cable.

Now, when I ordered a Sapphire X1800XT 512mb OEM a while back it came with everything but the PCI-E Power adapter. I had the TruePower 550 at the time, but luckily a local PC store carries the adapter.

hiroler said:

just out of curiosity was it OEM or retail?

i've noticed OEM cards won't come with the adapter, and most online places that sell these will add them in at cost (i know monarch auto adds in the adapter to oem cards for 6$)

H-street said:
just out of curiosity was it OEM or retail?

i've noticed OEM cards won't come with the adapter, and most online places that sell these will add them in at cost (i know monarch auto adds in the adapter to oem cards for 6$)

OEM OEM products are usually just the item in white box. Retail items come in a pretty box with graphics and such and usually comes with all cables.

hiroler-Both X1900XTX and X1900 Crossfire Edition retail ATi Boxes did not come with PCI-E Power Adapters. It goes back to what I said earlier, if you getting such high end video cards they figure you have the up to date hardware to back it up. Your PSU is about two gens ago.

nicepun said:
OEM OEM products are usually just the item in white box. Retail items come in a pretty box with graphics and such and usually comes with all cables.

hiroler-Both X1900XTX and X1900 Crossfire Edition retail ATi Boxes did not come with PCI-E Power Adapters. It goes back to what I said earlier, if you getting such high end video cards they figure you have the up to date hardware to back it up. Your PSU is about two gens ago.

must be specific brand retailers that don't include the adapter..

although my OEM 6800GTs from monarch , the PCI adapters where included at a price (monarch auto-added to basket when adding the cards)

my retail X1900XTX did come with the adapters needed (I believe its a Saphire)

Back