CONFIRMED. nVidia RTX 2080 Ti 50% faster in games over the 1080 Ti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did nvidia tweaked the driver to run the games slower on older cars to help these numbers?

tumblr_ojv9qvV0y51t6fyr7o1_400.jpg

Price has a ton to do with the hate.

And Nvidia knows this. They will release it, milk all of the tech tards by filling their pre orders, and then lower the price for the informed consumers like myself who will see actual performance numbers before buying anything.

This time around amd has nothing to show. So the gouging is even worse.

I can certainly understand the bitching about the price. That's a given. But some are bagging the features before the hardware is even released. At the end of the day, someone had to take the first leap when it comes to Ray Tracing and Nvidia is it.

are you comparing nvidia with intel? lmao

damn, that is by far the dumbest thing I have read in some time. How did you even manage to pull it off because nvidia has been the only one moving forward.

Nvidia Moving forward? Don't BS me, so where is the performance of the new RTX compare with the last gen of cards then from Nvidia! because all Jensen can talk about is Ray Tracing old tect in the show not the performance of the cards NVIDIA are holding back the figures why? we know that Shading is only 1.5x more then the last gens of cards.

I can certainly understand the bitching about the price. That's a given. But some are bagging the features before the hardware is even released. At the end of the day, someone had to take the first leap when it comes to Ray Tracing and Nvidia is it.
Hopefully some games will utilize this. Likely 4k and gaming with rt will not go in the same sentence this generation. And informed buyers will know this.

So they are jacking up prices selling hardware that will not actually be utilized. If RT turns out not to matter, this will be hairworks all over again.

I clearly remember that era.

Here's to hoping the 2070 follows the path of the 970. It was innovative, fast and very affordable at the time.

The reason why Nvidia jacking up the prices is because it took them 10 years and cost them their bitcoin money now Nvidia wants it back in their piggy bank on pre orders:)

Last edited:
the people that already bought the cards are just looking to justify their purchase by latching onto any favorable chart, graph or rumor...no one really knows anything until the cards are released...will they be better then the 1080Ti?...of course...has there ever been a generation where performance has been worse over the previous one?...it's all about price/performance and how much better value they offer over a 1080Ti

the people that already bought the cards are just looking to justify their purchase by latching onto any favorable chart, graph or rumor...no one really knows anything until the cards are released...will they be better then the 1080Ti?...of course...has there ever been a generation where performance has been worse over the previous one?...it's all about price/performance and how much better value they offer over a 1080Ti
The thing is, it's not as simple as price/performance once ray tracing is in the equation.

If you want to compare to traditional rasterization, I'm sure the new cards will be better. As you say, the newer cards are always better. No question.

But once you add ray tracing, that can significantly enhance the look of the image and the overall experience, then there is value there in terms quality, not just quantity.

We'll have to see some reviews and benchmarks to understand either of those points. Until then, it's all speculation, but I trust Nvidia to deliver the goods.

The thing is, it's not as simple as price/performance once ray tracing is in the equation.

If you want to compare to traditional rasterization, I'm sure the new cards will be better. As you say, the newer cards are always better. No question.

But once you add ray tracing, that can significantly enhance the look of the image and the overall experience, then there is value there in terms quality, not just quantity.

We'll have to see some reviews and benchmarks to understand either of those points. Until then, it's all speculation, but I trust Nvidia to deliver the goods.

people should not be buying these cards for ray-tracing...it's early tech and will take multiple generations to refine and get game developers to use

Buyers should also understand there is no RT in games it's still in demo stage and testing mode the best way is not to pre order the RTX wait for 3 - 6 months for the price to drop or wait for the benchmark testing and better reviews to understand what you are buying into IMO

What I read was:

Buying into a new graphics system based on unproven tech, especially something as complex as ray-tracing, is a pretty big risk. It doesn't help that the new RTX 2080 Ti card is expensive and power-hungry, and doesn't offer amazing speed improvements on paper. It might indeed have a superior architecture that overcomes the specs, but it's worrying that NVIDIA spent so much time describing the ray-tracing tech and very little showing how it improves games you can play right now.

It'll be great if RTX ray-tracing and AI improves future games as promised, but given the two year or so hardware upgrade cycle, NVIDIA might have moved on to other things by the time they come along. All we've got to go on right now are the specs and NVIDIA's word about performance. Until testing and reviews make the picture clearer, you might want to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Last edited:
RT in meaningless without game dev support (we all know how quick that is done unless it'd paid for by Nvidia), so that leaves me looking back to the "brute strength" of these new cards. Something tells me that they aren't going to live up to their price tag, otherwise Nvidia marketing would be telling us ALLLLLLL about it, while touting RT alongside it. Touting RT all day long and nothing else makes me think sell my 1080, and upgrade to a 1080Ti, be content, and be done with this new gen.

I'm looking for a concrete reason to upgrade, and promises of new tech being implemented properly doesn't scratch my itch in the least. I'm skeptical as all get out this time around.

Nvidia Moving forward? Don't BS me, so where is the performance of the new RTX compare with the last gen of cards then from Nvidia! because all Jensen can talk about is Ray Tracing old tect in the show not the performance of the cards NVIDIA are holding back the figures why? we know that Shading is only 1.5x more then the last gens of cards.

Oh you have performance numbers..or are you whining based on nothing but "feelings"?
That the CUDA cores is 50% more efficient is only ONE metric.
How about the new cache setup?

Enlisted running on Vulkan with RTX global illumination:

"Showing our upcoming game Enlisted, 4K at over 90fps with our real-time global illumination solution on a new GeForce RTX looks amazing. We're super impressed with the Nvidia Vulkan raytracing preformance. We had development hardware for only three days"

Dev-talks > Gamer-whines

How many people buying a 2080 ti have a native 1080p 60 hz monitor? 1080p 60 fps is what pretty much all the devs will be "targeting" for the upcoming games adding ray tracing effects. And bet your sweet ass they will not be able to hold 60 fps in most cases.

Oh you have performance numbers..or are you whining based on nothing but "feelings"?
That the CUDA cores is 50% more efficient is only ONE metric.
How about the new cache setup?

Watch Nvidia show again he stats it's 1.5x more performance on the last gen on shading get over it

Another image on RT
1534885162036.jpg

it's not that much that's OTT by you. and it's not 4k it's UHD level

Yes more pixels of reduced I.Q. is still reduced I.Q. going for "looking crappy" stage.
You made a nice own goal there.

Last edited:
Hey I got a question. So if you buy a 2080ti to play 4k. Goal will be to have 60 frames, that it?
I am not use to the 1080ti, but can t the 1080ti do 60 frame at 4k( taking out a couple of not significantly changing option)?

Let s say you like counter strike. If the 2080ti can do more than 60frames at 4k, are they any monitor like 4k 100 Hz gsync?

Except that 2500$ monitor, any other option to play 4k gsync at more than 60Hz?

Or may be the 2080ti should be coupled with a 120hz 1440p using monitor to get the best of it?

Hey I got a question. So if you buy a 2080ti to play 4k. Goal will be to have 60 frames, that it?
I am not use to the 1080ti, but can t the 1080ti do 60 frame at 4k( taking out a couple of not significantly changing option)?

Let s say you like counter strike. If the 2080ti can do more than 60frames at 4k, are they any monitor like 4k 100 Hz gsync?

Except that 2500$ monitor, any other option to play 4k gsync at more than 60Hz?

Or may be the 2080ti should be coupled with a 120hz 1440p using monitor to get the best of it?

I personally like 34” 3440x1440 21:9 curved high Hz monitors over 4k. They are also 5MP vs 4k 8MP so easier to push at high Hz with a single card.

You might get better answers in the monitor subforum.

Don't use a screenshot, when you can use the video....the devil is in the details, but I fear your are being obtuse on purpose...or you don't understand what is going on in the scene:

Bye.

Well he's right, there's a few reflection spot that shouldn't... It isn't perfect but it's still really neat, yes.

Could be off the front of the tank? You can’t actually see all the angles it could come from.

They act like the explosion only goes one way...and not the other...hence why they resort to a single frame (that suits their agenda).

They act like the explosion only goes one way...and not the other...hence why they resort to a single frame (that suits their agenda).

Suits their agenda ? Lol like I have one ? I simply watched the video and picture and said my opinion. I still find it better looking with RTX enabled... just that it ain't perfect unless there's another fire in front maybe... but they even mentioned that there's not.

EDIT: But yeah... crazy tech makes me think to buy one and find time to play on PC again lol

If RTX 2080 is 25% faster than GTX 1080 TI, THEN I think the dialog will shift to be more positive [obvious]. If the GTX 1080 TI is ~ RTX 2080 [in most resolutions], the amount of value the RTX 2080 will have will drop; if the RTX launch price is > than the GTX 1080 TI, with a rasterized performance that's not > than the previous generation people will likely see it as a cash grab to capitalize on mining rather than value given in today's games.

If RTX 2080 is 25% faster than GTX 1080 TI, THEN I think the dialog will shift to be more positive
I'm going to stay optimistic that this is the case. This would mean that core architecture changes make up for the core count difference (plus and minus for memory bandwidth and core clock). With an MSRP of the 2080 at $699, the sweet spot for a 1080Ti would be $550 in the next month or two. Less if they want to clear any excess inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back