• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer won't boot

noir04

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
2
Hello everyone :)

I have a "slight" problem with my server.
It's been running without any sign of trouble since the beginning of March, but now it is completely unable to boot. I'm getting no signal through to the monitor and I'm pretty sure that it's not entering windows as I'm not able to access it over the network in anyway.

I've tried two different GFX cards that are confirmed working in other machines, my motherboard has 2 PCI-e slots and I've tried both cards in both slots.

I only have 4 GB of ram in it, which is a couple of dual channel ram sticks, and I've tried both in slot 0 with no change whatsoever.

I'm getting no post beeps from the builtin speaker - I first thought it was because I inserted the speaker cable reversed, but switching it around made no difference, and I'm actually not sure if it ever made the 1 beep signally a successful start, when the computer worked...

When firing up the computer everything starts to spin, PSU, CPU, GFX and all harddisks start up, but after a few blinks the HDD LED stops blinking, the fans keep spinning but nothing else happens...

I feel that I'm starting to run out of options, but I would really like to hear you guys opinions.

Following is a list of all the gear in the computer:

GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2
Intel Core i3 530 (2.93 GHz), Clarkdale, Dual Core, 1333FSB, 32nm, 4MB Cache (LGA1156)
Corsair 2x2048MB DDR3, PC10660, DDR1333, CAS 9
Western Digital 1000 GB x 2
Western Digital 2000 GB x 1
Radeon HD 4350, 1024MB DDR2

Any help is grealy appreciated :)
 
Hit up the stickied Basic Troubleshooting Guide on what to do when the PC does not POST.
 
Thanks Danny, and sorry for missing the guide.

I just thought I'd post back, since the guide helped me overcome the problem :)
I made the barebone test as per the guides specifications and it turned out that the CMOS was to blame, since after having the battery pulled out for five minutes and then reinserted everything started right back up .. Yay! ^^

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys
 
Back
Top