• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer just died...

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,816
Rig in sig.

Was working fine then just shut off all of a sudden. Not the power strip because the monitor has power.

Turn the psu switch off and back on and press power, it will go on for a second and shut off again.

Mobo is getting power the little indicator light is on.

I don't really have any spare power supplies to test with.

thoughts? This stuff is brand new aside from the hdd drives and cd-rom.
 
Your sig wasn't showing up from me. Could you list your parts in this thread?

Can you get a spare PSU (from a friend, for example) to test everything out with?
 
From the OP's sig:
AMD PII X4 955 \o/ Asus M4A77TD \o/ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 \o/ VisionTek ATI 4850 \o/ Seasonic 600w

But yeah, Tiraides is right: Test with another PSU.

Also make sure that all the connections have been made.
 
My first instinct would also be the power supply in case another opinion makes a difference.
 
There's rebates and stuff. So if I do that comes out to the same price.
 
There's rebates and stuff. So if I do that comes out to the same price.

Well here's the thing: That $90 for the XFX PSU right off the bat. You're gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks for that $30 rebate to come back for the Corsair.
 
Well here's the thing: That $90 for the XFX PSU right off the bat. You're gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks for that $30 rebate to come back for the Corsair.

Understandable. But reading more seems to be they're basically the same. But I like the corsair more. I'm not opposed to waiting.
 
I just bought the TX and wish I spent the extra money for the HX. So many cables, so little room!
 
I just bought the TX and wish I spent the extra money for the HX. So many cables, so little room!

I love modular but slightly concerned about the flat cables. Guess we can just see what happens!
 
Back
Top