Computer just died...

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Rig in sig.

Was working fine then just shut off all of a sudden. Not the power strip because the monitor has power.

Turn the psu switch off and back on and press power, it will go on for a second and shut off again.

Mobo is getting power the little indicator light is on.

I don't really have any spare power supplies to test with.

thoughts? This stuff is brand new aside from the hdd drives and cd-rom.

Your sig wasn't showing up from me. Could you list your parts in this thread?

Can you get a spare PSU (from a friend, for example) to test everything out with?

From the OP's sig:
AMD PII X4 955 \o/ Asus M4A77TD \o/ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 \o/ VisionTek ATI 4850 \o/ Seasonic 600w

But yeah, Tiraides is right: Test with another PSU.

Also make sure that all the connections have been made.

My first instinct would also be the power supply in case another opinion makes a difference.

There's rebates and stuff. So if I do that comes out to the same price.

There's rebates and stuff. So if I do that comes out to the same price.

Well here's the thing: That $90 for the XFX PSU right off the bat. You're gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks for that $30 rebate to come back for the Corsair.

Well here's the thing: That $90 for the XFX PSU right off the bat. You're gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks for that $30 rebate to come back for the Corsair.

Understandable. But reading more seems to be they're basically the same. But I like the corsair more. I'm not opposed to waiting.

I just bought the TX and wish I spent the extra money for the HX. So many cables, so little room!

I just bought the TX and wish I spent the extra money for the HX. So many cables, so little room!

I love modular but slightly concerned about the flat cables. Guess we can just see what happens!

Back