COMPUSA closing sale

In the Minneapolis area, the COMPUSA closest to the Mall of America is completely shut down for good.

Noticing that someone bought the CompUSA.com website and is operating it as a "new and improved" outlet... nothing like capitalizing on the established name...:rolleyes:

Noticing that someone bought the CompUSA.com website and is operating it as a "new and improved" outlet... nothing like capitalizing on the established name...:rolleyes:

I believe it was tigerdirect that bought them out.

1 of our last 2 Houston offices is closing in 12 days. It sold 4 brand-new Blu-Ray players but still has 3 floor ones. The Sony is $500 while the Sharp and Samsung BD-1400 are selling at $300. This is kind of absurd since Fry's has new BD-1400s for $300 not the 10000 hours used ones.

Ahhh, yeah that makes sense.

Noticed they are using my previous email subscription to CompUSA, and now sending me their own "special deals". It'll be interesting to compare TD's weekly email to CompUSA's. I won't expect anything any better then TD would offer, and I'll expect all CompUSA sales to include MIR. :rolleyes:

Well here's the stuff I've bought so far:

1. Ipod Applecare - $24 (60% off)
2. Palm Treo Charger $1
3. HP Ipaq 510 $129 (60% off)
I needed a world phone for some overseas travel. This is probably going on ebay when I get back.

I'm still watching the GPS systems the keyboards -- might pick up a GPS if they get to 60 or 70%

My store (Knoxville) has 11 days to go.

As of today, the local CompUSA in Houston (Royal Oaks) is 7 days from closing. The last time I checked last week, items were 40-60% off. I'm sure it's now 50-70% off.

So far, I've purchased:
Creative Xmod - $48
Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headphones - $35
320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (bare drive) - $35
iPod Bluetooth adapter - $12
Pinnacle Vista Media Center remote kit- $20 (this was bought towards the beginning of the clearance)

If power supplies hit 60% off (which I'm sure it has by now), then I might pick up an Antec Earthwatts.

God, I hate the tools at my Compusa. They still have PSUs at only 40% off and they're ridiculously marked up to begin with. So like, a PSU that you could get at Newegg for $120 regular price with no rebates, they have for 40% off of $250....ie $160. I'm glad that they're going out of business, they were a worthless store that sold overpriced garbage to retards who didn't know any better.

As of today, the local CompUSA in Houston (Royal Oaks) is 7 days from closing. The last time I checked last week, items were 40-60% off. I'm sure it's now 50-70% off.

So far, I've purchased:
Creative Xmod - $48
Pinnacle Vista Media Center remote kit- $20 (this was bought towards the beginning of the clearance)

If power supplies hit 60% off (which I'm sure it has by now), then I might pick up an Antec Earthwatts.

This is the same one I was talking about! What a coincidence. Now i'm going to see if any more Creatives are left

I'm down here in Jacksonville, FL for spring break, and they just turned the CompUSA here into a Tigerdirect. w00t! I'm going there later on this week to pick up some goods.

Well my compusa closes the 28th so theres 3 days left and most of the stuff is 50-60%.... any chances they will go over 80% the last day? or will they just keep all the stuff they have.... at least on mine theres still plenty of stuff to get im waiting for price drops on 2 gb Kingston ddr2 1066 its aa 50% but i compared prices to newegg and its $30 cheaper on newegg ($110 on compusa with 50% $80 newegg with no discounts) just WOW. They still have like 12 packs of them.... so im hoping they go alot lower

Would like someone that was on compusa on its last day to post.. just to know if its worth it for me to go wednesday/thursday since they rarely drop prices at all

So far, I've purchased:
Creative Xmod - $48

PSU's are 50% off now and store is 50-70% off. Only worth noting is Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player is $270 now. Alot of Creative X-Fi Sound cards still around (50% off).

Does anyone know what the maximum discount is when the stores close?

I mean on the last day will stuff actually get up to 90%?

I browsed my local Compusa Saturday. Even at 40-60% off, I can still get most things cheaper online.

PSU's are 50% off now and store is 50-70% off. Only worth noting is Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player is $270 now. Alot of Creative X-Fi Sound cards still around (50% off).

my bro got his 1400 at Fry's for 275 bux...

Just picked up an 850w coolermaster for $95.

Not too shabby, although after MIR you see em for this sometimes.

X-FI fatality edition (the one with onboard RAM) is $60

i bought 2 epson canon ink jet printers for 25 each and picked up kane and lynch and sega rally revo for 60 combined for my ps3. lex ky

Goleta, CA....6 days to go. Some of my customers are going upgrade happy, I really don't have the heart to tell them how badly they are getting ripped off. Atleast the 50% PSU is a deal.

The last one to close near me closed on Sunday. They had 70-90% off everything. I picked up Vista home basic for $13, a non-working 17" Toshiba laptop with 2gb memory, 120gb hd, built in webcam and Vista for $322, an Epson R280 printer for $20, 100ft cat5 cable for $15, netgear wpn824 wireless router for $10, and a Micro keyboard for $2. I also picked up one of their store desktops and 15" monitor for $25. It has a 1.8 ghz Intel cpu, cd-rom drive, 40gb hd, 512mb memory and floppy drive. I put xp pro on it but was thinking about putting the Vista home basic on instead.
They had the laptops at 50% off the second to last day, all non-working but under warranty. I took my laptop to a Toshiba authorized dealer on Monday and they said I should get it back in 3-5 business days. The retail on it was $750. On the last day, the laptops were gone about 40 minutes after they opened.
All in all, it was worth me going on the last day, especially for getting the laptop. I had also picked up a canon mp600 scanner/printer for $47 the week before. It was a display model but it works great.

thanks thats the post that i needed tomorrow is second to last day so i'll be goin both days...i saw some good stuff still left.

WOW.. i just went there and its second to last day and most stuff are still 40-50% 10 boxes 8800 GTS 640mb at 50% ... i mean they're not gonna do 70-90% like on other stores? thatss messed up i hope the last day they go up because theres still good stuff left... now i did noticed they were packing up some stuff to take them to the warehouse.. its funny you can't get decent deals on a store closing sale now thats messed up... only in compusa

I'm considering going Thursday after dinner to my local store. I'm not sure when they close, but I guess I'll call tomorrow and find out. I'm looking for some blank DVD DL media and I might be able to get some at a decent price if they've got it marked down.

good luck with that CEpeep. I went monday and the 100 packs of sony dvd-rs were $35

Its not worth the drive really, I went today to the Orlando store during lunch only to find crap marked up 20-30% then "marked down" 60%... They also had a broken 23" sharp lcd display from last year selling for $300+... good luck selling that!

an individual i talk to on xfire said he got a 8800gt for $30 marked down 90% at a california store, i dont really believe him that just seems too cheap. i asked him to take a pic of the receipt for me and he denied having a digital camera available. he claims he built a whole pc for $500, C2D, 4GB Dominator 1066, 8800GT etc....

I got my Toshiba P205-S6267 laptop back from the Toshiba dealer on Wed. It works great. It had a bad motherboard. I'm glad I went to Compusa on their last day.

4 weeks ago I had picked up a 360 core for $100. It was $200 and then 50% off. It was open box, but worked great.:cool: I went 2 weeks ago and got a 8800GTS 320MB for $80. After it was 70% off. Store is in Manhattan. No idea if it shut down, I live 2 hours away from NYC.:rolleyes: Other then the 8800 and the 360, all the other stuff was shit. They were selling a Samsung T65F46 for $2.4k. If anyone buys that they got ripped badly, I bought a Samsung T65F52 for $2.4k at the egg 3 months ago. BTW 46 is 46" 52 is 52"

Damn well mine shut down last weekend... Checked it out and the best thing they had was some Microsoft K/M combo that they normally sold for $220 was on sale for $100... other than that I got Jeanne D'Arc for the PSP for $15... but that was it they really didnt have shit..

Did anyone happen to buy a cashier lane? The store near me was selling the cashier number lamps, the desks, the signs, pretty much everything in the store.

No, but I was going to buy one of the glass display cases but it was already sold.

All stores are completely closed, aside from the ones that TigerDirect took over, which will be different once reopened than the CompUSA we were used to.

Back