COMPUSA closing sale

chikinini

n00b
check it out maybe you will find some treasures. 20%-50% off

Tanforan mall in San Bruno, CA

I think it's behind San francisco airport

I was at the tanforan compusa in december, and they had NOTHING good there. Half the store was already empty.

When I went in to a Comp USA a fwe weeks ago, they had 30% off of everything. What the had left was AFTER DISCOUNTS, almost down to every day prices at the egg. Small wonder why these guys are going out of buisness.

When they had the 10-30% off I bought some ilford paper for 22.99 + 20% off. Funny thing is that when I went last week they RAISED the price of the paper to 24.99 and had 30% off. I wonder why they raised the price of the paper a additional $2. I am glad they are going out of business.

I went to the one by me on Saturday and the only 50% items I saw were customer returns. I saw some nice previously loved power supplies: 800w, cooler master and some others. Also Vista Home Upgrade. I purchased a Monster Cable PowerLine 100 3.65m (12 ft) Detachable Power Cord Extension Cable for $10. Not sure if it was a deal or not but I needed it.

I wouldn't expect to find any deals, I remember the store out near me that had a store closing sale. Everything was gone, and the stuff that was left was so overpriced. I remember a laptop with missing keys and a screwed up (mostly unuseable) LCD screen to boot. IT was still selling for over 2500 dollars. I couldn't believe it.

in my opinion, compusa has the worst closing sale in the history of store closings....just went there yesterday, and most things were still overpriced...

Went to the local Reno, NV ChumpUSA to see what they had and there was $%(* there. Fiancee had me all excited because she thought they had a stellar deal on their last Sammy 4061 listed at $1699 with sale price of $1274, then I pulled up Newegg on my phone and showed her that it sells for $1299 brand new in box at most places and can be had for much cheaper elsewhere.... Bah they have some of the single most horrible pricing.

Went to the Dadeland (Miami, Florida) just for giggles and there's nothing our of this world but I did find that ALL PSU's are at 40% off. Perhaps not Boiling Hot but good enough to warrant the post Video Components are also at 40% off..

BFG 650w PSU $ 149.99 - 40% = 90 bucks (+ tax for some of us)

Cheapest I have found in pricegrabber is 124.

http://computers.pricegrabber.com/p...FG+650w+power+supply/nkw=bfg+power+supply+650

in bakersfield ca they have motherboards and CPU's for 40% off

got me a p5k deluxe wifi-app for 160 out the door.

the store in Greenville, SC has had about 20 AMD Pheonom 9500s for about $200 for the past few weeks without any getting sold. If they drop by 25-50% then I'll buy one or two. The only other thing I'm keeping my eye on is the Corsair HX620 power supply for $100. And maybe some of the ATI 2400 if they drop the prices to a sane level soon.

The only other thing I'm keeping my eye on is the Corsair HX620 power supply for $100.

The Augusta, GA store has 6 of these at $110. If they go down some more I will get one, otherwise they can be had cheaper online without the tax.

We have two in the area that are closing. It seems that all the good stuff is only 20% off retail price. Which isn't as good as a sale.

The Corsair PSUs at 40% off seems to be the best deal. I would have bought one if thery hadn't sold out.

Magazines were 50% off! :D

There is nothing good in my area. I just got lucky that they have open box Q6600 G0 for $185 :) :) Finally I have the final puzzle of my new build.... Now looking for a good deal for 8800 GT or GTS

got an zalman 7000b for 20 bucks out the door, a x-fi xtrememusic for 40, and the xfi mod thing for 40, not bad overall, apparently these were in the "as-is" stuff though the xmod wasn't even opened *shrug*

Tonight I got a CompUSA branded wireless-g router for $2 (not a typo). It's used, but came with the documentation (small booklet and CD). I figured it would be broken but the only thing wrong with it that I've noticed was that it's missing a power adapter, and the default password had been changed. The manual didn't say how to reset it to factory - holding the reset button for a few seconds did the trick. It just so happened I was in need of a switch, so that's all I'm using it for at the moment (I've got a WRT54G).

Also got an open-box (but everything included) Nokia headset for $24:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875975020&Tpk=Nokia+BH-800

I went to one of the stores yesterday and it has (30-50% off almost everything. The Phenom 9500 was on "sale" for $180 instead of $250?!? and X2 4000+ was $100.

They even have a 1900XTX was "only" at $300 and 8800GTX was still at $650. Blu-ray players (Samsung BD-1400 and Sharp) were on "sale" for $400. I swear everything was ridiculously overpriced to begin with.

2400s and 2600s were still on the shelves for around $100-$150.
Games were usually $30-$50 with 30% off afterwards.
Remaining LCD TVs were still ridicoulously overpriced even wtih %30 off

I think we've already established how overpriced they are in the last three or so threads.... ;)

Anyone searching for a 30" Gateway xhd 3000 should head in there now. Now $1189 down from $1699. But the less than flattering posts in the Display forum has held me off this buy.

I think we've already established how overpriced they are in the last three or so threads.... ;)

Anyone searching for a 30" Gateway xhd 3000 should head in there now. Now $1189 down from $1699. But the less than flattering posts in the Display forum has held me off this buy.

This is funny b/c I saw ONE lying in middle of one of their hallways with no sale tag on it.

Are they still selling stuff ?

Yes, I'm sure the cost of each store location, utilities, security, employee pay/turnover is really eating away at most of the money from their out of business sales.

LOL walked in this weekend and saw the same damn LNT-4065 sitting there but with a new price of 1189 (was 1289 three weeks ago)... at this rate it will be a good price in about two months!!!

The sales are going to suck primarily because anything that CompUSA could return for credit was returned to the manufacturer/distributor.

All that's left is product that CompUSA can't even return. Most of it is probably old and has a high cost on it.

Stopped in the store in Des Moines tonight and picked up a Corsair HX620 for $85! Whoa!
$169.99-50%

I couldn't believe it...finally a good deal!! It was the last one they had though... rest were Antec & Coolermaster 850 & 1000's PSU's.

All PSU's are now 50% off...or maybe you could be lucky & grab an 8800GT for 40% off = $180.

The store in Portland is almost cleaned out. They have tons of copies of Vista Home Upgrade and retail. All Ultimates sold out. And they were only 20% of when they did...blah. All I wanted was Ultimate Retail for 40-50% off.

in my opinion, compusa has the worst closing sale in the history of store closings....just went there yesterday, and most things were still overpriced...
A friend of mine just bought a printer from them, it was 30% off ($180) and it was still $50 more then it is at Newegg. :rolleyes:

After waiting, and waiting, I finally went out to the only Comp USA in my area... Nashua, NH.

Sign outside said "70%-90% off" and "Final Days". Lucky me to stumble in on the last day they would be open! LOL!

Well, there certainly wasn't much. Just a few shelves with random crap.

I grabbed some PC133 for $7.00 each. Got 3 different Guild Wars games for $15.00 each. VGA cooler and a SK939 cooler, both copper, each less than $10.00. That's about it.

well... i live close to 2 compusa checked the one i rarely go to and they are by 60% on some stuff...... lcd-plasma tvs are now 40% furniture-tv stands are 60% and they still have lots of em so maybe they might drop 50% soon and that would be a really good deal.

Yesterday was the last day for my local Compusa. 99% off, walked out with soem accessories and a hp laptop for a grand total of $5.28.

Yesterday was the last day for my local Compusa. 99% off, walked out with soem accessories and a hp laptop for a grand total of $5.28.

DAMN! Only PC in my store was a Systemax server, listed at $1500.00 and 50% off. That was actually 2nd to last day, not THE last day as I previously stated.

Also, I got home and started checking my deals against current online prices. I didn't do that great after all. Guild Wars games were overpriced by $10-$15, so even at 70% off, the deals were OK, not great. I had to laugh when I realized that each item had like 3 or 4 price tags, stacked. I started peeling them to see the progression of pricing. Not to my surprise, all the original tags were blotched out with Sharpie before the new price tag was affixed.

They certainly wanted to hide the fact that they were marking UP the prices, before the sales.

Guess I shoulda' gone back the next day. Wonder if my store did 99% off? Oh well.

We were in the area close TO CompUSA, and saw guys standing in the median strips with samwhich boards announcing the last days of the store. Stuff in now 40-60% there. THis one will be closing in 12 days. The only thing I bought was 2 magazines.

Back