Compilation: Post your Conroe C2D Temperatures

-iLLuZioN-B18C1

Limp Gawd
Ive seen a lot of threads concerning temperatures and 'what should my temperature be at'
threads. Lets see if we can just get users to post there temperatures and whether it is oc or not and cooling.

E6400 OC 2.92GHz
Default Vcore: 1.325V
Cooling: Scythe Ninja
Idle temp: 32C
Load temp (dual prime95): 47-48C

Edit
Room Temp: 25.5C

what mb...and how are you reading temps?

6400 on p4b deluxe
ninja
400 fsb 1.4125 on core and 2.1 on memory
temps are hot
50c idle

sparks

6700 on P5W DH (1101 BIOS)
scythe mine w/ 2,000rpm 58CFM fan
3.4ghz @ 1.475v
32C idle
50-51C dual priming

using asus probe.

I'd post if I could figure out how to read temps on a DS3 (EasyTune doesn't work for me, MBM doesn't directly support it and CoreTemp's readings are higher than what I'm used to) T_T

E6700 3.3 ghz big typhoon
ASUS P5W DH
29 c idle

havent checked load yet but i havent been that concerned based on the idle temp. ASUS Probe constantly has the temp randomly jump to 256 or whatever and brings up a warning and an annoying alarm so I just turned it off

E6400 + Gigabyte GA-965P-DS2 mainboard is the demo machine I built at work. Runs (normally) at around 30-40 degrees C with stock Intel cooling.

It freaks you out, because you turn the computer on after building and the fan doesn't spin at all, only after a few minutes after doing some work does it spin up to remove heat. Freaked me out, but impressive nonetheless.

sparks said:

6400 on p4b deluxe
ninja
temps are hot
50c idle

sparks

easytune(which came with the ds3 software bundle) and speedfan both are reading the same temps.

[email protected]
31-32c IDLE
43-44 LOAD
23-24c ambient temp in case
46-50c mobo temps
All stock Vs (Vcore, Vmch, Vfsb, etc)
Vdimm set @ recommended 2.0v
with Zalman CNPS9500LED using Speedfan/AiBooster/PC Probe/Everest (CoreTemp says 50idle and 60ish load which is a load of bull if yah ever ask me)

asty said:
E6700 3.3 ghz big typhoon
ASUS P5W DH
29 c idle

havent checked load yet but i havent been that concerned based on the idle temp. ASUS Probe constantly has the temp randomly jump to 256 or whatever and brings up a warning and an annoying alarm so I just turned it off

Is it a problem with the later BIOSes, plus it doesnt read the FSB right either on AiBooster :(

kidstechno said:
Is it a problem with the later BIOSes, plus it doesnt read the FSB right either on AiBooster :(
I have noticed that and i do think that will be fixed in future with patches and updates. It misses the clcks and you see like a multiplier 7 instead of a 8 , but it still outperforms anything i have seen.

If anything we have learnt is forget the clocks , look at the performance, amazing.
You can get so much performance for so little money.

you should all be using Core Temp to accurately read temperatures of your C2D's...

google for it, im sure you will be a little surprised...

e6600 on Gigabyte DS3
2.75GHz @ 1.375v in BIOS
all other voltages: auto
ambient 79F (according to thermostat in next room, probably warmer in study b/c of PC)

according to SpeedFan
33-36C idle
51-53C load (dual prime95)

according to CoreTemp
47-48C idle
58-59C load

edit: Cooled with XP-90c w/generic 92mm LED fan
sidenote: case temps are "warm"

coretemp is reporting temperatures roughly 15 degrees higher than my motherboard is...

oh well, its stable thats all i care about

Also could everyone posting in this thread with there temps write the cooling component they used like HSF or water and what they used like was it a freezer pro. This willmake it easier for people to compare, thankyou.

nytrackstar said:
you should all be using Core Temp to accurately read temperatures of your C2D's...

Is that true?

PM me a link if you can

E6600
P5B Deluxe
Zalman9500
using Core Temp

43C-48C idle
(My room gets abnormally warm during the day due to sun and the hot water pipes running under the floor.)

50C-53C under load (I've noticed it jump up to 56C for a second just by opening a browser)

Should I try to redo the 9500 with AS5 or leave well enough alone?

E6300 / Gigabyte DS3
3 GHz (7x429)
1.32v
Intel Stock Cooling

Idle: 47-49 C
Load: 58-60 C

Case is behind a closed desk door with an open back. The only fans in the system are the stock Intel heatsink and the two exhaust fans on the PS. Not too bad considering the serious lack of airflow. Super easy overclock, haven't tried to go any higher.

nytrackstar said:

I don't believe Core Temp anymore than I believe my BIOS. Which is none, since my BIOS says I'm idling at 15C.

E6400 (Step. 6, Rev. B2)
2.67Ghz @ Stock VCore (8.0x multiplier on 333Mhz FSB)
Stock Intel HSF
Intel D975XBX Rev. 304
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR 800 (2x Twin2x2048-6400Pro)

31/35c Idle (Core1/Core2)
44/45c Typical Load (Core1/Core2)
62/62c Dual Prime95 after 1 hour

Ambient is 23c

Temps measured with CoreTemp, SpeedFan and Intel Desktop Utilities, and all agree to within 1c.

Case configuration is a Lian Li V2000 II Plus, w/ 1x120mm intake fan @ front/bottom, 1x120mm ducted intake over CPU/HSF, 1x120mm exhaust over PCIe slots.

Had a Scythe Ninja on the CPU to begin with, but it's such a big pig (fan fouls the RAM or NorthBridge) that I decided to try stock.

Not pushed for max overclock yet (will update DB when I do). But impressed so far, and not regretting not waiting for an E6600. Can't wait to pop a Kentsfield in here!

E6600@3GHz
GA 965 DS3
Ninja Plus
2GB of GSKill DDR2-667 PK

41/42C Idle
49/50C Under Load

Room temp 24C

Donnie27 said:
E6600@3GHz
GA 965 DS3
Ninja Plus
2GB of GSKill DDR2-667 PK

41/42C Idle
49/50C Under Load

Room temp 24C

Thats what I was hoping for. :( I'm stuck at 2.75 :mad:
Voltage ?

chrisf6969 said:
Thats what I was hoping for. :( I'm stuck at 2.75 :mad:
Voltage ?

I'm still testing, must give the CPU more volts! :( Hit an error at 14mins of Dual prime, this version: Orthos beta, is it any good?

Oh and those Dual Prime temps are; 56/57C. Every so often it will hit 58 and 59.

e6600 @ 3.2ghz (356*9)
1.45vcore

37-40c idle, 55-59c dual priming (speedfan)

sparks said:

6400 on p4b deluxe
ninja
temps are hot
50c idle

sparks

I'm still not about to turn off most of the features I bought the processor for. Not worth it with the current RAM I have. It returned Errors at STOCK speed, sheesh! So even if I can run my Proc stable@ 3.3GHz 1.475v the RAM gets errors when I test it. I lowed the Multi-plier to 8 and went to 400. It crash after I entered windows.

6400 on Gigabyte P965-DQ6 F3
3.4 Ghz @ 1.3875v / 425 FSB
CoreTemp says:
Idle 45C
Load 63C while running Orthos Stress CPU with Gromacs core
Scythe NinjaPlus

This is a first test, I just assembled the system and installed XP and drivers.

E6300 OC 2.8GHz Default Vcore: 1.325V
Cooling: Zalman 9500 High (AS Ceramique - Dot Method, Settled for 5 days)
Case: Antec P180 (3 Tricool High)
Idle: (Outlook, Gaim, Etc.) 28C
Load (Orthos Beta): 44C
Room Temp: 25C

Board is DS3 and Temps are from Speedfan/EZTune.

A few more tweaks and added votage to the processor and RAM. 2.1v for the RAM and 1.35v for the Proc. Also +1 on the others.

Ok, let's take care of that "Core" program right now. Donnie, your temps reach 58c Load...on a NINJA! Core reads almost as high for me. I feel my heatsink...it's a little warm. It's NOT hot...it's not 55c. So anyone freaking out over hot temps can take a nice sigh of relief, feel up their heatsink assembly... :eek:

^MO...strong as it may be

The CORE is always hotter , we are seeing this the wrong way , look it as the way GPU is shown and you will see , the core temps is in the cpu and at the heart , now the other temps we see with normal applications is the temps at what the cpu and HSF touch at.

Take the gpu , the GPU core is alawys hotter tan the outer.

So yes the core temps are right and i would not worry cos the throttling for the core is at 80c.

For GPU's its at 120c , so dont worry , i have seen people with ninja scythe and quite high temps but sometimes this is because of many reasons , overvolting , thermal paste used , time to settle and mounting.

Its looking good though keep them Temps coming , will become a good database source and you will be proud to be a part of it.

nooh said:
So yes the core temps are right and i would not worry cos the throttling for the core is at 80c...

See now I need clarification. Someone on this very forum posted a max temp or something like that w/ these Core 2's. I believe the number was 61C. I was under the assumption that max temp ~ throttle temp. Am I wrong, right? WTF? Intel? Innnnnnnnttttteellllll....sleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ppppppppp

EDIT: nooh...you seem very bright/kind...dont' get yourself banned from H too, ok? :D

Jodiuh said:
Ok, let's take care of that "Core" program right now. Donnie, your temps reach 58c Load...on a NINJA! Core reads almost as high for me. I feel my heatsink...it's a little warm. It's NOT hot...it's not 55c. So anyone freaking out over hot temps can take a nice sigh of relief, feel up their heatsink assembly... :eek:

^MO...strong as it may be

GA Easy Tune showed 41C so is Core Temp 17C too high? You're right though. The only thing showing much heat to touch was the Northbridge. The NINJA was barely warm near the base.

nytrackstar said:

I find CoreTemp to have a vastly different reading than what my BIOS reports by over 10 Degrees difference. I am going to try Speedfan tonight. I show 66 C under Dual Prime load and over 50C idle. Yet if I reboot, then go into the BIOS, idle is more in the low 40s.

MrBigglesworth said:
I find CoreTemp to have a vastly different reading than what my BIOS reports by over 10 Degrees difference. I am going to try Speedfan tonight. I show 66 C under Dual Prime load and over 50C idle. Yet if I reboot, then go into the BIOS, idle is more in the low 40s.

Speed Fan shows mine at 66C while Core temp shows 58C and GA ET 41C. Will the real temp please standup?

E6400 @ 2.56 Ghz, vcore 1.1v (undervolted)
P5B Deluxe (0507 BIOS)
Scythe Ninja with Yate Loon D12SL-12

Ambient: 22 C
Idle: 36/34 C (one core is two degrees hotter than the other one)
Load: 46/46 C

Temperature readings according to Core Temp.

FYI, my GPU core idles at 44 C, and its heatsink feels much, much hotter during idle than the Ninja during full load. The Ninja is only barely warm even when running dual prime.

Back