Compilation: Post your Conroe C2D Temperatures

e6300 @2800 using stock HSF

idle 52C
load 64C

measured using core temp

sparks said:
what mb...and how are you reading temps?

6400 on p4b deluxe
ninja
400 fsb 1.4125 on core and 2.1 on memory
temps are hot
50c idle

sparks

That's alot of juice to your vcore for that overclock?! do you really need that much? I run 3.2 @ 1.325 no problem....

E6600 @ 3.1Ghz
VCore: 1.325V
Patriot DDR2 667 RAM @ 862Mhz 1.9V 5-5-5-15 (don't ask about the voltage - it just works for me ok)
Scythe Mine

37-39C idle
54-55C load

Both temperatures recorded using Core Temp

Hi oozish,

Are you 1.325 in bios? I'm 3.2 on my 6400 but I have bios vcore set to 1.35 - I've been edging down since I started (started at 1.375) But my temps are totally fine so I'm getting interested in finding the next sweet spot. I'm actually running at 406 x 8 right now, since I read that article about how the nb gets overclocked.

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23803

But if I go up to say 412 one instance of p95 will error in about 30 minutes - so either I need more vcore or more vdimm?

Kandor

oozish said:
That's alot of juice to your vcore for that overclock?! do you really need that much? I run 3.2 @ 1.325 no problem....
Unfortunately, every chip can't be a superstar. :( Fortunately, mine is! :p

JSquid said:
[email protected] 23c idle 33c load Thermalright SI-120+CM
Stacker&Crossflow
Holy Iceland! What's your room temp? 18C?

gigabyte ds4
e6600 440x8 1.469v
stom waterblock
idle 35
load 51
how the hell are you guys on air getting lower temps than me?

kandor said:
Antec P180 - 3 tricool 120 case fans
Zalman cnps9500 LED artic silver rice grain method - no lapping
P5B-deluxe wifi-ap
2gb OCZ Platinum ddr2 800
conroe e6400 @ 3.2 Ghz

vcore: 1.375
vdimm: 2.1
cpu freq: 400 multi: 8

mobo temps idle: 38 dual p95 load: 55
core temps idle: 47 dual p95 load: 59

I'm fine with these temps since only dual p95 gets close to this hot. When I'm rendering the max core temp is about 53. That's MY real world app.

Kandor

I've improved the above temps by opening up the front on the p180 and adding 2 more fans. Now my temps are:

mobo idle: 32 load 38
core temp: 44 load 55

FirePhoenixctk said:
how the hell are you guys on air getting lower temps than me?

They're not. In order to compare temps, we need to have more info guys.

Nice to know...
-Heatsink and fan speed...noise level would be nice
-Thermal goop...how it's applied would be nice

Have to know...
-CPU infos
-Mobo ver and bios
-Airflow in case...how many fans...picture would be nice
-Monitoring utility...speedfan, everest, coretemp...wha?!
-temps...the room temperature, idle, load and WTF does load mean to you...superpi 1M or Max temp recorded in speedfan over 10+ hours :D

IMO, you can't really compare with another board or different core chip. So I typically only look at Gigabyte DS3/Allendale users. Tho I'm sure the other 965P boards are just as close.

eg...

CPU: 6400@3300, 1.325Vcore, lapped
Heatsink: Zalman 9500 on high, lapped
TIM: AS5, cured for 200+ hours, plastic baggie blot method
Mobo: Gigabyte DS3 Ver 1.0, F5
Case: Stacker 810, 2 intake, 2 exhaust (Scythe E, 22DB, 49CFM)
Utility: Speedfan
Temps: Ambient 23C, Idle 30C, Load 48C Orthos 10+ hours

Click for big pic:

OT: That thing needs black paint on the inside somethin' fierce! :(

Jodiuh said:
They're not. In order to compare temps, we need to have more info guys.

Nice to know...
-Heatsink and fan speed...noise level would be nice
-Thermal goop...how it's applied would be nice

Have to know...
-CPU infos
-Mobo ver and bios
-Airflow in case...how many fans...picture would be nice
-Monitoring utility...speedfan, everest, coretemp...wha?!
-temps...the room temperature, idle, load and WTF does load mean to you...superpi 1M or Max temp recorded in speedfan over 10+ hours :D

IMO, you can't really compare with another board or different core chip. So I typically only look at Gigabyte DS3/Allendale users. Tho I'm sure the other 965P boards are just as close.

eg...

CPU: 6400@3300, 1.325Vcore, lapped
Heatsink: Zalman 9500 on high, lapped
TIM: AS5, cured for 200+ hours, plastic baggie blot method
Mobo: Gigabyte DS3 Ver 1.0, F5
Case: Stacker 810, 2 intake, 2 exhaust (Scythe E, 22DB, 49CFM)
Utility: Speedfan
Temps: Ambient 23C, Idle 30C, Load 48C Orthos 10+ hours

Click for big pic:

OT: That thing needs black paint on the inside somethin' fierce! :(

that is such a clean job :eek:

Jodiuh said:
nooh...
I only see one temp tho...the 61.4C. I'm not really worried, but it's def a bit confusing. Also, I don't see anything about when it throttles. But you're right, these things have some mega tolerances!
*rubs hands*
*in best impression of Antonio Banderas*
"Let's play!"
I think on the bottom it tells you when it throttles , also I think this sheet is for System builders for guidelines(retailers).

I do think you are having bad contact with your IHS though . check it , you can rub it against a very flat surface and see if you can see light through it , sorry I didn't attend to this post earlier , have been busy for the last week.

I made my nephews and its a E6300 @2.8ghz and its on air cooling with no fan. As long as there is good contact then you will be fine , also I remember that you also lapped your cpu and if thats the case then I do think its your mobo sensor that is the problem.

Also I think you are going to use this cpu for 1.5 years and after that move to a quad or a Oct core , so wear it out. ;)

just seen the post with your clean PC jodiuh and it looks cool , you don't need to worry about anything. :)

45c Idle
58-60 Load
e6400 stock

I'll OC after I run orthos, which just failed after not even 5 minutes at stock :confused:

E6400 @ 2.2 stock volts
idle 46-49c
Load 60-64

Coretemp
idle 60c
load 72c

adrift02 said:
Wow ur guys core temps are pretty high.
e6600 3.0 (333fsb) 1.35v / SI-120 HSF 110cfm silverstone fan.
max load coretemp = 51c
max load speedfan = 40c

Even before I relapped my heatsink and switched from ceramic to ac5 my max load temps at 1.5v was 60c (which was already too hot for my taste).

Cant wait to see my max temps once my fan is turned up (running at 1000rpm instead of 2700 right now) and the ac5 is settled.

Someone asked for pics so here are two pics, one of the statement above (fan on low - 1000rpms) and another of my temps at a load with my fan on high (2400rpms/110cfm). For a little time line here is a list.

With no lapping, ceramic thermal compound, and my mobo at stock.
core load - 58c
speedfan cpu load - 46c
speedfan mobo load - 45c

After lapping, ac5 and mobo modded (thx freecableguy) - cpufan on low.
core load - 52c
speedfan cpu load - 41c
speedfan mobo load - 35c
pic - http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4319/3000333fsb135vddr1000cpufanlowmi4.jpg

After lapping, ac5 and mobo modded (thx again!) - cpufan on high.
core load - 46c
speedfan cpu load - 36c
speedfan mobo load - 35c
pic -
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3226/3000333fsb135vddr1000cpufanhighwx9.jpg

Again, this is all at 3.0 1.35v OC w/ a SI-120 and a 110cfm silverstone fan.

Here is the link to the mobo mod (I can link to another forum right?)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106563

E6600 in a DS3. Idle is around 32C. Ambient temperature is about 65F.

adrift02, I can't seem to find the post WRT the mobo mod. Could you please explain the mod? or are you referring to the removal of the shields and re-AS5'ing the heatsinks on the SB and NB?

go to xtremesystems.org its 1 of the stickies. I added the link to my post for people who want to do it. And yes, its the shield removal, wifi removal (optional), and reseating the SB and NB with some better ac5.

E6600 @ stock voltages and no OC.

CoreTemp: 33C idle.

Not yet done anything to hammer the CPU, though. NT06 HSF.

I am build 2 identical systems between myself and my friend. The computer components are identital and can be found in my signature.

The 2 systems are currently running at stock speeds on a E6600 cpu and asus P5W DH deluxe mobo.

My cpu temp is idle at 32C and mobo at 45C
My friends identical setup is at 24C at idle and mobo is at 44C-48C

I was wondering if I need to redo my HSF and AS5 on the cpu again with my thermaltake big typhoon.

Is the Asus p5W DH mobo suppose to be that high????
What do you think of the cpu temp, at idle and stock speed?

Neither of your temps are that bad, though the CPU is a tad warm. I would atleast pull the metal caps off the heatsinks on the NB and the SB. They're held on with a weak glue, just put a screwdriver under the side and peel them off. If you can get a fan to blow across them, that would also be good. If you're not going to run a second GPU, you could put 40mm fans on the NB and SB. I would atleast do the NB, but the sensor is near the SB so if you want to "see" a change, you'll have to cool the SB.

Is the ambient temp and the cases (airflow) the same between these two machines? I would imagine some of the difference relates to that.

And it certainly would hurt to redo the TIM on the CPU and see if it makes a difference.

Ya those are pretty normal for unmodded. I was 45c and after modding (reapplied NB + SB w/ 1c5 and removed covers) I dropped my mobo temps to 35c.

Anyways, here is my load temps after priming for an hour at 3400 1.537v.
Unfortunatly I will not be able to run this all the time (59c is too hot for my taste even if its only the core temp) but at least I know this proc can actually hit 3400 stable (1 hour stable anyways...), though at way too high voltages.
core temp = 59c
tmt = 57c
speedfan mobo = 35c
speedfan cpu = 46c

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7915/3400378fsb154vddr1000cpufanhightk9.jpg

There seem to be wierd contact issues with the stock HSF, I messed around with it and got my idle temps to drop a bit. I just ordered an infinity, cause temps are too high.

My Gosh, I deserve this! I have pulled the NB & SB off at least 4x testing different application methods...my board is sort of warped so I've come up with a way to support the board from underneath without shorting everything out...I've pulled the board out of my case sometimes 3x in 1 day trying different pastes and applications methods..then when I thought it was good, I went back and changed it all.

Finally, after having read and re-read how to do this, I followed the rules to a tea. I prepped the SB HS with ac5 then rubbed it off and mated it to a dab of ac5 in the middle. I smoothed the NB ac5 with a razor and didn't prep the HS as it is an exposed core. I cleaned the big typhoon and added the dot in the middle approach for my cpu, plus tightened that sucker with a screwdriver....here are my results....My aching back says, 'Well done!'

I used to get 31 with stock timings and stock speed...I still can't get that. I think taking the stock paste off the HS and messing with it was a mistake, but I've tried to get out of my predicatment as best as I can.. I'm happy with these temps and my o/c is good. I'm about to call it a night, and be proud of my new system for a change.

you know what i mean?

Glad u got ur stuff good, its a pain fighting temps. Btw u were cleaning with 97% alchohol really good before applying ur ac5 right? I noticed ur mobo temps are about 10c higher then mine but maybe u just live in a hotter place, or maybr the p5w runs cooler.

Put an 80mm fan to cool My NB, WOW, it made a BIG DIFFERENCE. Anyone with high temps, I suggest you cool your NB ASAP. (On a DS3) About 10c drops for me!

E6400 2.4GHZ @ 1.3250 Volts

40c idle
55c load

core temp
54c idle
65c load

Case temps are about 37c

adrift02 said:
Glad u got ur stuff good, its a pain fighting temps. Btw u were cleaning with 97% alchohol really good before applying ur ac5 right? I noticed ur mobo temps are about 10c higher then mine but maybe u just live in a hotter place, or maybr the p5w runs cooler.

yes, I've reapplied the ac5 using various methods, always cleaning both surfaces really well...and this just seems to be my idle; I'm not sure why. The good thing is I can't get past about 55-58 max running load for hours (ORTHOS) so my system is very stable in this range and seems to be comfortably contained in a 10C range.

I did lower my MB temps even more, as I was browsing FRYS today thinking about how to put a active cooler on my sb or nb without making my case a vacuum cleaner (sound; since it's very quiet now); I found this, lowered my mb to 36C idle and maxxes out around 38-39 max! Here's a pic:

As a side note that's really weird how DS3 owners are getting such a spread between the core temp readings and their cpu probe readings...about 10C! My core temp and asus probe II only differs 1C.

:confused:

adrift02 said:
go to xtremesystems.org its 1 of the stickies. I added the link to my post for people who want to do it. And yes, its the shield removal, wifi removal (optional), and reseating the SB and NB with some better ac5.

I did this and it didn't help at all. In fact, I used to have lower temps than I do now before I started messing with that all. I've tried and retried this, even reassmblind everything 3x in one day (once...yes, too much free time; but I'm sort of obsessive). I think I have my temps under control now, but they aren't any better than before I started messing with everything and now I have a fan blowing on my NB/SB.

oozish said:
I did lower my MB temps even more, as I was browsing FRYS today thinking about how to put a active cooler on my sb or nb without making my case a vacuum cleaner (sound; since it's very quiet now); I found this, lowered my mb to 36C idle and maxxes out around 38-39 max! Here's a pic:

It's funny, I just bought that exact fan and mount from Fry's yesterday for the exact same thing. I'm installing it after work today.

squishy said:
It's funny, I just bought that exact fan and mount from Fry's yesterday for the exact same thing. I'm installing it after work today.

;)
:p

Just a note for all you tweak-a-holics...I just experimented with turning the fan around on the big typhoon to blow out/up instead of down and it doesn't appear to make a bit of difference in either mb or cpu temps.

Its weird that it didnt help ur temps because I have yet to see one post claiming the original thermal compoound used was making good contact. As I found (and everyone else seems to find) the NB and SB heatsinks are only making contact on maybe half or less. I know mine looked like pure crap when I pulled them off.

I rewired all the Yate Loon fans in my case for 5v, so now my computer is virtually inaudible from a distance of one meter (I can still make out the hard drive spinning if I listen hard enough in a near silent ambient noise level).

My cpu temps at idle and load rose only 2 degrees. :confused: I didn't expect the difference to be this small, especially since now my fans (all my fans in the case, not just the CPU fan, so total airflow is reduced greatly) barely push any air, and now I can actually make out the individual spinning blades.

System:

E6400 Week26 @ 3200MHZ
Core Voltage 1.35V
Memory Voltage 2.1V
G-byte DS3 mobo
Scythe Infinity Air Cooler

Temps:
Ambient Temp around 20C
Idle Temp 24C (I kid you not....this Scythe Cooler is incredible!!!!, albeit a little big....barely fit in my case)
Full load Temp Orthos dual threads only 45C

Back