Compatible PCIe 4.0 z490 Boards

Zicro

Weaksauce
Is there a list of compatible PCIe 4.0 z490 Boards? Yes I know I'll supposedly have to wait for Intel 11th gen cpu's I'm just looking to "future proof" lul.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I would think that all (most?) should be able to run it fine. Intel did this before with the move from PCIe 2.0 to 3.0 between Sandy and Ivy Bridge. Both were compatible with the board, but you got 2.0 if you used Sandy Bridge and 3.0 if you used Ivy Bridge. I think the plan is definitely to move to PCIe 4.0 with Rocket Lake so compatible boards which are released now should be compatible with the next gen features.

Zicro

Weaksauce
Idk Asus doesn't mention compatibility with PCIe 4.0. They're usually my go to for motherboards. I'm kinda tempted to go team red now though.

lukart

Limp Gawd
The first M.2 horizontal space has connecting points on both sides, 3.0 or 4.0. The PCI-e slot has Steel Slot GEN 4 printed on it.
Perhaps that's the reason of the price.
Personally buying a mobo these days with out PCI4, high end, I think it's silly.
You can argue there's no performance gain on the GFX, but once you are talking about storage, they always benefit, even more going forward.