Commercial or Comsumer Grade?

Turbosound

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I'm looking for a 75" display for my PC. Does anyone use commercial displays for their PC instead of a consumer TV?

Other than the warranty, longevity and overall quality, do commercial displays offer any other advantages over consumer TV's? For example, which type has the best image quality?

I prefer the design of a commercial display as they look like a PC monitor.
Although, there doesn't seem to be any commercial displays with a 120hz refresh rate.

Just go with an LG C2.
Looks like a giant monitor,
1658205597191.png

Comercial displays are designed with no consideration for input lag which would be terrible as a PC monitor.

Commercial LCDs are designed to optimize brightness and lifespan, and that's literally it. Their image quality is garbage compared to any of the higher end consumer displays. There's really no point to even looking at them.

Okay, thanks for the information. Even though it's only 2" larger, I don't think a 77" will work for my room. I'm almost 100% sure that I will be going with a 75" display.

I edit images in photoshop, edit audio in wavelab, play games on steam, watch mkv files, (4k blu ray rips) in vlc media player and all the other normal things you do on a Windows PC.

So, other than brightness, longevity, warranty and in my opinion, the design, consumer TVs are better than commercial displays?

I was looking at the NEC v754q commercial display. I love the design as it looks just like a PC monitor. Where as the consumer TVs do not look like PC monitor.

Thank you,

Hello,

I'm looking for a 75" commercial display for my PC. Can anyone recommend a model/brand? I was looking at the NEC v754q, any thoughts?

I'm only interested in commercial displays, not consumer TVs. Now that I bring it up, why don't consumers tvs offer displayport?

Hello,

I'm looking for a 75" commercial display for my PC. Can anyone recommend a model/brand? I was looking at the NEC v754q, any thoughts?

I'm only interested in commercial displays, not consumer TVs. Now that I bring it up, why don't consumers tvs offer displayport?
because no consumer item that would normally plug into a TV has a display port most likely.

Lol, why did you even create this thread if you're going to just ignore everyone's advice?

Using a comercial display isn't some super secret brilliant idea that everyone else was too dumb to think of. They don't have any of the advantages you think they do and they're terrible as monitors.

I wanted to see what kind of large displays other people use for their PC.

I currently have a 46" commercial display for my pc and i love it. I've had it for the past 10 years and never had a problem with it.

The commercial dissplays have plenty of advantages such as, cooling, brightness, longevity, and warranty. Plus, I prefer the displayport connection and I willavoid all the bloatware that consumer tvs come with. However, my biggest reason for preferring the commercial displays are the actual design and overall build quality.

Speaking of bad ideas, spending $4k on an OLED display sounds pretty bad. I would never spend that kind of money for something that has the potential to go bad. That is probably the worse type of display for a PC. If I spend $4k on a display, I should be able to have it on constantly if I want without worrying about static images causing burn in.

The commercial dissplays have plenty of advantages such as, cooling ... avoid all the bloatware that consumer tvs come with.
Yeah the last monitor I spent a bunch of money on(close to a grand) was a utter fail in the cooling dept. Severe backlight yellowing ensued(which I was able to sort-of compensate for by increasing the blue slider in the graphics card settings) and eventual electronics failure due to the heat. Yeah I spent all the money on it because it was supposed to have better color space accuracy. But yeah, by the time the backlight yellowing set in and the conpensation I had to do was applied, it looked like some shitty photoshop cross-process filter was being applied to every frame. Acceptable for games, I guess, but not for editing photos which is what I got the effing thing for.

Every time I see a great deal on a huge display on slick deals or whatever, it's some kind of "sMaRt" TV. And they can just keep all that.

The monitor on the left was probably the last commercial display I used. It was a Sony PVM 27" I believe.
av-setup-20-years-ago.jpg

old-desk02.jpg

you could use this box to turn it into a TV,
sony_tuner.jpg

Back