COD4 OWNS!

The maps are uber small. I am used to bf2 and actually having room to roam. I think this game is ok, but it seems like Unreal Tourney modded to be modern combat. Turn, shoot, turn shoot, turn, shoot.

The big gripe I have is it seems a bit imbalanced in multiplayer, the unlocks seem quite a bit more powerful than the starter guns. It seems to give ranked up players a big advantage.

I agree, its much more twitchy than bf2, reminds me of early medal of honor.. as far as powerups its very true, I'll unload in someone and he kills me with 2 bullets, nice part is leveling is pretty fast... even after my first couple of perks (stopping power and penetrating bullets) I noticed I was killing faster.

If you want more of a bf2 feel try etqw or wait for frontlines.

The maps are uber small. I am used to bf2 and actually having room to roam. I think this game is ok, but it seems like Unreal Tourney modded to be modern combat. Turn, shoot, turn shoot, turn, shoot.

The big gripe I have is it seems a bit imbalanced in multiplayer, the unlocks seem quite a bit more powerful than the starter guns. It seems to give ranked up players a big advantage.

Its not unbalanced, that just means you have to rank up to level out like the other players.

are there a lot of servers out there?

can't decide if i should pick up the normal copy or wait for steam

The game is fun as hell. I did a bunch of scrims with my team last night. It is all Search and Destroy for competition I found out. Going from BF2 to this is a bit of a transition. It is like CS:S but more fun. I really enjoy team deathmatch and headquarters for pubbing.

Really fun game. Glad it is finally here.

yeah im having that too.
people are saying you need a DX update, but i havent tried yet.

Loving the single player

Sunno about multiplayer, ill find out the next couple of days.
pity about no vehicles, but that doesnt REALLY bother me.

Im a bit dirty on no CTF.... CTF was GREAT in COD2.
Not really sure on the weapons systems either I liked being able to choose a shotgun or snipers rifle in whatever level. Seems like you cant do that here...
I think CTF is there it's just called something different. Check the list of gameplay modes... I think it's Team Objective - Domination?

I'm interested in CoD4 but I'm curious how well snipers are implemented: Are maps actually big enough for worthwhile sniping? Is the ghille suit actually near-invisible to other players if you're prone and not moving? Do players move too quickly in MP to ever really get good shots off as a sniper? Does the game emphasize typical FPS run-and-gun and make sniping more a frustration than a decent role for MP?

Also does the game include bots to play against if you want to play offline MP?

Yes, some maps are good for sniping and others arn't. I like it that way.

Yes, I hid multiple times in one map where its kinda raining. People have just run right by me, I aim, hold breath and BAM headshot!

No, I think the player speeds are perfect. Players can obtain the speed boost though as one of their modification slots.

No. All I can say is it just works.

No. I dont think there are bots.

I second the awesome sniping in MP.

I'm trying to rank my M21 up and it crazy how well you blend in with the ghillie suit.

Gamespot review says single player is only 5+ hours. Sorry but I ain't spending full game price on a game that short. Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me as much anymore because I'm not as quick as a lot of you younger folks out there.

in domination is there a way to pick which flag area you spawn at? also how the heck do to properly throw nades back they blow up after I try to toss them away?
Also I can add servers to favorites but how do you see them?

This game uses all 4 cores pretty well, i get ~60% total cpu use. Just got the 8800GT, gonna see how it runs. The GTX was 90fps flat in MP with max settings, 1600x900 (i use it for the wider fov since it's not 90 degrees damn it), no AA, x4 AF.

in domination is there a way to pick which flag area you spawn at? also how the heck do to properly throw nades back they blow up after I try to toss them away?
Also I can add servers to favorites but how do you see them?

I noticed that also, my G key is about to snap from spamming it trying to throw it back.

Gamespot review says single player is only 5+ hours. Sorry but I ain't spending full game price on a game that short. Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me as much anymore because I'm not as quick as a lot of you younger folks out there.

That depends on what difficulty level you play. I've said time and time again, it's short if you play on the easier modes where you can just run through the game. On harder modes, you literally have to creep around each level and use desperate tactics to advance your squad against the hordes of enemies.

I noticed that also, my G key is about to snap from spamming it trying to throw it back.

I just discovered I could use the back/forward thumb buttons on my mouse (for surfing the web) for this game. The forward button is grenade/throw back, the backward is flash.

I seem to throw more grenades than throw back grenades. I don't know what's up with that... I'll get the little icon to throw back, hit the 'g' key, and toss another grenade at my feet.

I've found a bug, when I get to the silo and the slow doors open to the first part before the control room, I kill all the enemies but there is no where to go. The controls seem to be inside another room that I cannot reach!

Well i cant even get into a Multiplayer game. When i go into the graphics options and adjust the resolution the game crashes to the desktop. Then i get a directx error. Ive tried uninstalling the latests drivers with betas as well, and i have updated directx and still nothing. Im not happy at this point.

I had the same issue changing resolutions on my old OS install had so much crap from years on it. New reinstall of OS fixed it but outside of that you will need to manually changed the config file outside of the game to the resolution that you need so it starts up with it.

Yes, CoD4 owns, its that simple...

It's the most fun I've had with an FPS for years now, it's BF2 meets the CoD formula which is just win/win, everything about this game is top notch and you'll KNOW that the instant you have a MASSIVE grin on your face at the extraction point for the first mission in the game.

It's the most fun I've had with an FPS for years now, it's BF2 meets the CoD formula which is just win/win, everything about this game is top notch and you'll KNOW that the instant you have a MASSIVE grin on your face at the extraction point for the first mission in the game.

Yeeeeeeah, I totally did. =)

But having finished the game, for as many grins as I had, I can say I had just as many "fuck this game!" moments. When they're throwing a retarded amount of enemies at you...

On my next playthrough I'm reverting back to Normal difficulty. I think I'd end up having more fun with it.

Does anyone know what gathering all the enemy intelligence (30/30) does?

Yeeeeeeah, I totally did. =)

But having finished the game, for as many grins as I had, I can say I had just as many "fuck this game!" moments. When they're throwing a retarded amount of enemies at you...

On my next playthrough I'm reverting back to Normal difficulty. I think I'd end up having more fun with it.

Does anyone know what gathering all the enemy intelligence (30/30) does?

I actually shouted out FUCK YEAH at the end of the first mission I thought I was too late and wasn't going to make it and was about to cry but when it was all good :D

I've had 1-2 moments like that myself, I played through on 2/4 difficulty and had some problems in the large TV station mission where you have a huge firefight amongst all the desks, they must throw about 100 enemies at you total its completely crazy.

I have managed to complete all the missions onthe hardest difficulty until the escape after the assassination shot. That mission is IMPOSSIBLE to beat. If anyone can beat that on the hardest setting, you are the man!

I have managed to complete all the missions onthe hardest difficulty until the escape after the assassination shot. That mission is IMPOSSIBLE to beat. If anyone can beat that on the hardest setting, you are the man!

Good lord, I can't beat that part of the mission on medium difficulty. Stupid dog always finds a way to bite into my jugular.. :(

To beat that mission on Vetran, you need to exploit the game a bit. You need to set C4 charges all around the area and then you have to hide for the majority of the game between the apartment blocks so the enemies don't come toward you. The magic of the stupid COD4 engine however, means they still know where you are and still shoot and lob grenades at you, even if they stay away from you.

Near the end of the mission, you set off all the C4 and hopefull clear the enemies and run out and grab Capt. MacMillan.

i just picked up COD4 this afternoon, and this game is AMAZING, i love S.A.S missions more then the U.S.M.C ones so far, and that AC-130 mission was F-ING cooling as shit. totally blew me away.

I've had a lot of fun with a LOT of games this year. TF2 being a notable one. But I think the production value, attention to detail, and over all "Fun Factor" of COD 4 will net it the title of "Game of the Year".

Flame On.

I've had a lot of fun with a LOT of games this year. TF2 being a notable one. But I think the production value, attention to detail, and over all "Fun Factor" of COD 4 will net it the title of "Game of the Year".

Flame On.

Thats not a flame post, its sorta the truth. I'm very sure it will be nominated or better yet might even take home a few Game of the Year awards.

In Intel it says get hardcore HUD or something what is that?

unbelievable game, its the most fun i've had in a long time like another poster said, this game flat out rocks:D

i am stuck i'm guessing at the last level after you assassinate that guy, where you get surrounded, on medium difficulty. thats a bitch so far, but sill fun as hell:D

Well i cant even get into a Multiplayer game. When i go into the graphics options and adjust the resolution the game crashes to the desktop. Then i get a directx error. Ive tried uninstalling the latests drivers with betas as well, and i have updated directx and still nothing. Im not happy at this point.

Close xfire and you'll stop getting that error when you try to change settings.

One problem I found with COD4 is that the single player game is too short. It didn't take me but about six hours to get through it on medium difficulty.

I think I like this game better in super secret Chaplin Omega aka RAGTIME MODE!!!

It's hilarious. It makes the game a comedy.

One problem I found with COD4 is that the single player game is too short. It didn't take me but about six hours to get through it on medium difficulty.
single player is only there to learn the controls imo, come to mp its as good as it gets (they still need server based rankings).

I was getting this when I tried to play Single player. I downloaded the new DirectX from Microsoft and it fixed it. So weird how one side of the game will let you play when the other denies.

Thats not a flame post, its sorta the truth. I'm very sure it will be nominated or better yet might even take home a few Game of the Year awards.

I agree the cinematics are some of the best ever. But lets be honest, at it's core, this game is still just whack-a-mole and grenade dodging. Same as CoD has always been. If that wins game of the year, I'll cry.

Seriously, they could make an entire game out of the sniper level. And the bonus level after the credits, that was one of my favorite levels in the game. Fast-paced, intense.... no waves of respawning enemies. It's just too bad they couldn't evolve the majority of the gameplay (namely the USMC levels) in such a way.

shiznit said:
single player is only there to learn the controls imo, come to mp its as good as it gets

Ugh. Mp is sloppy. The original CoD is still king.

Back