COD4 OWNS!

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
It is great. Single and multi is well done. Runs great. No issues I have seen yet. Good friggin LAUNCH guys thanks!

It kicks some serious ass. Took me damn near 20 minutes to install :eek:

Sorry about the multi issues. I have had zero problems. Game looks great and runs good. About the same performance as COD2 lol.

Yeah it really does. The combat is fun as hell and it runs pretty damn well. The mp is going to get tons of play.

how is the MP in this game?
I am hoping better than bf2 LOL
flying tanks and unlimited armor on helos?

I am hoping medal of honor fun

Wow!! This game rocks. Graphics are really well done and the game runs exceptionally smooth on highest settings and 1600x1200 res. Well done Infinity Ward and Activision. :)

is this game dx10? i heard you can break walls and stuff like you can in crysis?

This game is freaking amazing. I went and got the collectors edition and Im glad I did. However i must say everyone that is thinking about buying collectors..Please save your money.The little art book you get is like 10pages and is not worth it.

Anybody else having troubles getting the game to install. I keep getting errors.

There is no CTF mode in multiplayer? That sucks. I am sure it will come though. No idea how long the singleplayer is.

Finally got it running and I have to SAY, NOTHING NEW in it :(

I want more I guess and NO CTF sucks big time.

Graphics are good, but game play to me is nothing special at all, maybe it will take some more time playing it :eek: I'm so use to BF 2 and being able to fly or drive that it's a let down for me.

Yeah, the single-player really does play just like the old CoD's. Enemy AI acts pretty much the same, and they throw an ungodly amount of grenades. Just like CoD 2.

I'm still loving it though. It's very polished and the scripted stuff is excellent.

So far multiplayer is kinda meh.

Finally got it running and I have to SAY, NOTHING NEW in it :(

I want more I guess and NO CTF sucks big time.

Graphics are good, but game play to me is nothing special at all, maybe it will take some more time playing it :eek: I'm so use to BF 2 and being able to fly or drive that it's a let down for me.

Besides the lack of vehicle interaction and CTF, can you go into detail why gameplay is inadequate for your tastes? Was there anything else that irked you?

The multiplayer needs CTF. I can't believe that it does not have that. I really do not like free for all. Oh well, good game none the less. Single player is excellent and so will the multiplayer once the mods start rolling in.

Single player is quite good

Multiplayer I can't get to due to some error when i try to open it.. i've noticed a lot of other ppl having the same problem..

Good job Activision and IW with this

I just got done playing it for the night. I did the first 2 missions in SP and I have to say that it is breathtaking. MP isn't bad, but its very fast paced. I am into the slower FPS mp games.

I'm very pleased with multi as well as singleplayer. As mentioned, free for all is nothing but a campers heaven....untalented little bitches ;)

has anyone had problems with it crashing to desktop?? i have reinstalled the 169 nvidia drivers, installed the latest non-beta drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, also uninstalled the demo and i still am having the same problem. any ideas??

p5nsli--latest bios
e6320
8800gts 640mb--latest non-beta drivers installed.
2gb ddr2-800 ballistix--stock speeds.

can you break walls in this game?

You can't break them, or at least not that I've seen, but you can shoot through them. I've been playing through the single player on the highest difficulty. It's rough. I'm loving it, though. Haven't tried the multiplayer, yet. I have to try to get through a good chunk of the single player first, because if the multiplayer is good I might not ever get back to the single player :D .

Anyone looking for a good WWII MP game should be buying Red Orchestra (has vehicles to drive but no planes) from Steam, only twenty bucks too...and no bunny hopping! I hate bunny hoppers. I finally bought BF2 a few weeks backs back and it is ok but way too much bunny hopping going on. It's just not realistic when they allow bunny hopping and is a game exploit.

Anyone looking for a good WWII MP game should be buying Red Orchestra (has vehicles to drive but no planes) from Steam, only twenty bucks too...and no bunny hopping! I hate bunny hoppers. I finally bought BF2 a few weeks backs back and it is ok but way too much bunny hopping going on. It's just not realistic when they allow bunny hopping and is a game exploit.

How is any of that remotely relevant to the thread, or game at hand?

It does rock very much ! Been playin it the last couple of hours. Killer game. And I swear in some of the outdoor areas it looks friggin real. Loved getting off the sinking ship, what a blast this game is. :D No probs with drivers here and I'm even running the 162.18's with zero issues.

really i have even updated my HD audio drivers and it still crashes.... it is soooo pissing me off. i have been waiting for this game for soo long and i cant even play it for 10 mins.

Just a thought - make sure your DirectX is up-to-date. I was having problems with my game crashing, but reinstalling DirectX seems to have cured it.

Been having tons of fun so far. I suck, but I need to get out of the hotel and back home to decent bandwidth and more time.

What kind of crash? does it hard lock, then CTD's or just CTD. If it's just a CTD, I'm willing to bet it's trying to force a refresh rate your monitor does not support? Unless you're running a standard CRT or non LCD computer moinitor.

edit:

nm I just noticed your sig, the post above me which requires to install the latest direct x would be worth a try

Waste of $50. I should have just stayed off the computer until Crysis hit. This game is COD2 with different textures.

The DVD certainly didnt' like to be read by a Lite-On DVD-ROM, but popping it into the Pioneer DVD-RW worked like a charm.

Even on this old FX-55, it's still pretty slick at 1600x1200, 2xAA, all high.

Did run into some CTD's, but alt-tabbing back into the game worked perfectly. Not exactly sure what's up with that though. XP Pro SP2 & Forceware 169.01 without updating DX during install.

Figured that Single-Player would be longer... maybe I'm just used to the Quake-style of running & shooting? :) Either way, fun as hell. :)

Playing through the single player campaign and loving it. The firefights are intense! I'm playing on Hardened and it can get pretty tough. The AI is awesome! Graphically the game is better than COD2, the gameplay mechanics are similar but this just feels so much better. I've got everything cranked to the max except for AA which is at 2x. Some of the nighttime outdoor areas chugged in a couple of spots and backing down a notch gave a consistently smooth experience even during the real heavy firefights. No crashes at all!

just been playing it for the past 2 hours. the single player is OMG AMAZING!

i really like how they did search and destory. it makes it tougher. and the little cell phone inside with the boom picture on it is clever.

Back