COD4 OWNS!

yeah i dont know what the hell to do. i just reinstalled DX9.0c and it still CTD. its not in the background or anything. just completely crashes and kills the game. when i restart it, i get a message that says COD4 did not close normally last time and suggest that i restart the game in safe mode which resets the setting but not the controls. i dont know what else to do. i am going to try it in low settings and see if that helps.

update: just restarted it in the games safe mode and didnt change any settings. looks like shit but i ran for a few minutes and the same thing CTD....

Sniper mission and Ac130 gun ship missions blew me away :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This game is amazing

Sniper mission and Ac130 gun ship missions blew me away :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This game is amazing

Ditto on both..!!!
The AC130 gunship with three different weapon choices (Cannon, Gatling Gun, and something else) and night vision is AWESOME!!!! It looks just like the videos you sometimes see on the Net from Iraq of Afghanistan... It's so realistic....

And the 50cal sniper rifle....:):):)

yeah im having that too.
people are saying you need a DX update, but i havent tried yet.

Loving the single player

Sunno about multiplayer, ill find out the next couple of days.
pity about no vehicles, but that doesnt REALLY bother me.

Im a bit dirty on no CTF.... CTF was GREAT in COD2.
Not really sure on the weapons systems either I liked being able to choose a shotgun or snipers rifle in whatever level. Seems like you cant do that here...

Just beat the game in one sitting and :eek::eek::eek:. Absolutely amazing from start to finish.

The sniper level was by far the best gaming experience I've had in recent years.

Just beat the AC130 mission...wow that was awesome.

The marine missions are ok, but the SAS ones are badass.

I want to play this sniper one everyone is talking about!

Mutiplayer is awesome. I'm having so much fun with it.
Just got my M4 with the red dot. I'm about to get the ACOG for the M4 and my 1911.

Why did I go to work today :(

Why did I go to work today :(

I had a sick day Monday . . . really wish I could've had my copy to play then. Now I'm at school, doped up on drugs (prescribed of course) and wired, thinking about going home and pwning noobs with my MP5.

Hell yeah COD4 owns. Headquarters mode is fuggin' awesome.

One of the first games in a long time that didn't make me go "Eh, its nice, but ....<insert what sucks here>"

Is there damage localazation? I noticed, I can one shot, 1 kill regardless if it's a headshot or not with the sniper rifle

I haven't picked mine up yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Spaceman, I think we were in the same server last night. MP is almost too good.

GGs,

|S2tG|Randall

oh yes this game is kickass even if the campaign feels supershort its awesome action and visuals.

The servers were bogged last night.

You must have to connect to a master server to verify your cd key or something before actually connecting to the game.

Connecting can be a pain, usually it takes me two or three tries to get on a server, first time, times out, second time is *usually* good.

Ive been hearing the SP game is VERY VERY short but i dont really understand how that can be. Im at a part of the SP game where there was just a very large boom, and im not even done with act 1 yet, and there are 3 acts looking at the game. Ive put at least 3 hours in so far.

for those of you that cant get online (like me), they seem to be working on the master server. heres a fix I found from charlieoscardelta.com.

they are doing some maintenance to the master server list....

if you want to join a server do this go to this link pick a server copy the IP and Port
http://game-monitor.com/search.php?game=cod4

Simply bring up the Console ~ then type /connect xx.xx.xxx.x: port

Example
Code:
/connect 204.132.56.83:28960

Ditto on both..!!!
The AC130 gunship with three different weapon choices (Cannon, Gatling Gun, and something else) and night vision is AWESOME!!!! It looks just like the videos you sometimes see on the Net from Iraq of Afghanistan... It's so realistic....

I think the weapons on hte AC-130 are:
M61 20mm Vulcan cannons
L60 40mm Bofors cannon
M102 105mm howitzer

I could be wrong the the Vulcan's it could be the GAU-12 Gatling gun.

Reference.

I have a feeling I'll be replaying that specific mish multiple times... was a ton of fun.

Question so there isn't any shit ass like shooting a guy 30 times then he drops to the ground and shoots you once and kills you like in bf2 is there?

Question so there isn't any shit ass like shooting a guy 30 times then he drops to the ground and shoots you once and kills you like in bf2 is there?

If you're referring to hit detection, it's pretty spot on. Although, there is a feature called Last Stand, if I understand correctly. It gives the player that has been incapacitated to shoot back before they fire the final round into you.

Last Stand

I dunno thing about BF2 that ruined it for me was the whole jumping to the ground somehow made u an amazing shot just idiotic. I'm sorry but if I'm peppering someone with bullets and they drop to the ground their dead they wont have time to drop aim shoot.

I dunno thing about BF2 that ruined it for me was the whole jumping to the ground somehow made u an amazing shot just idiotic. I'm sorry but if I'm peppering someone with bullets and they drop to the ground their dead they wont have time to drop aim shoot.

Going into prone is quite slow in COD4, none of that jump, prone, jump crap while firing

Hell no. And you don't have to rely on some dipschit medic that only heals himself. When you get shot up, find some cover and hope like hell you don't get chased down.

sounds promising you guys got any good pics? x1950xt handle this game alright you think? I dunno what the requirements are

This is the exact reason I stopped playing BF2. And no COD4 is nothing like that.
Hit detection is quite good and 3 body shots (depending on your weapon) will down someone.

I love watching the hoppers getting owned in the servers beacuse you can only hop like 2 feet in the air so even if you're shooting a hopper center mass and he decides to do his best bunny impersionation you still kill him since he simply trades his torso for nice meaty legs

Great job IW! :cool:

I have yet to even try multiplayer yet... started playing single player as soon as I got home from work yesterday around 5:00pm, and didn't stop until 12:00am.

Having a blast. Looks great, even on my old 6800GT at 1680x1050 res... My 8800GT doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

The sniper mission in Chernobyl was INCREDIBLE.

Anyone else's come in a weird, floppy-rubber style box? It's like a normal game DVD case but much more malleable.

There's some really inconsistent quality with this game. There are a few levels that are so stellar it's worth the price of the game alone. But then there are levels that are beyond annoying and reach almost 'uninstall' status.

I'm playing on Hard. Not recommended.

There's some really inconsistent quality with this game. There are a few levels that are so stellar it's worth the price of the game alone. But then there are levels that are beyond annoying and reach almost 'uninstall' status.

I'm playing on Hard. Not recommended.

Hardened or Veteran?

I'm playing on Hardened and its not too bad. The Marine missions are tough for some reason though...

I'm not very far in SP though (just after AC 130 mission)

Back