Cities protesting 5g

Gigabit download speeds don't mean shit with data pools and throttling. Not to mention the big hit on battery life for the first couple generation 5G phones.

But yeah seeing this really turned me off to the tech for now...

Like what's the point if you can go around a corner from the tower and you lose 80% of your speeds?

1.) Phones are not operating at 1100 watts like microwaves do.

2.) The microwave wavelengths are specifically chosen because they maximize interaction with water molecules, thus delivering energy.

3.) Low frequency consumer devices (Radio, Broadcast TV, Cellphone and wifi ranges up through 2.4ghz) are specifically chosen for their abilities to pass through things that are not aerials to as large of an extent possible.

At this point frequencies in the 2.4ghz band have been studied to absolute death, and at the power levels in common use are completely harmless. Any other suggestion is just complete tin-foil-hat conspiracy nonsense not even worth discussion.

Uhh, microwaves operate at 2.45Ghz... So 2.45Ghz cooks stuff, but 2.4Ghz "pass thru things.."

If EM radiation can impart energy to water molecules, and a human being is 70% water, then yeah, saying it is "conspiracy nonsense not even worth discussion" is incongruous at best, ignorant at worst.

...Cellphones tend to broadcast at 300 milliwatt. At that power even in a worst case if all of it is absorbed by the body, you couldn't even quantify the effects. They are negligible.

300milliwat is .3W. That's not negligible. For most people, for limited exposure at those levels, yeah, they have no adverse effects. To assume that NO ONE could ever be affected is mistaken.

FYI, common use case for a cellphone is pressed against your ear/head....

You're not putting a Microwave Oven next to your head. STOP FREAKING OUT LIKE THESE ARE ONE AND THE SAME!

Your Microwave Oven's interior is coated in metal in order to keep reflecting the 1000w power being output, and make it better absorbed by the food inside (less waste heat).

http://tobyzerner.com/microwaves/

Your phone is outputting JUST A COUPLE WATTS, and it's doing so from an omnidirectional antenna. The signal is a lot less concentrated than the enclosed space of the microwave, and the power output is A ALMOST A THOUSAND TIMES LESS.

Your cell phone is not heating up any part of your body to the point of cooking reaction. END OF STORY. At most, it adds a fraction of a degree to your outside ear, and that is removed through normal air cooling.

Last edited:
Yep. Your sentiment is pretty common including me these days. "As long as it doesn't affect me, it's not a problem." Or "If it costs money, it's not a problem."

The problem is figuring out what the problem is.

Ask the RIGHT question.
Where does the money go if the problem is actually something else?

Using a red herring problem to drive the herd in a chosen direction resulting in the money flow being diverted 'properly'.

Example: they make more stuff than we can, so they get the money instead of us. = make it impossible for them to get enough energy to make stuff.
= No Nukes, no oil drilling, pollution, CO2, Ozone, acid rain, climate change.
= energy shortage that is impossible to fix.
= they hobble themselves and we can make more stuff than they allow themselves to make, and the money comes to us instead of them.

Just because you think that they are out to get you does not mean that they are NOT out to get you.

The trick is to be able to accept reality as you see it as being both true AND not-true simultaneously.

And take your meds.

Your cell phone is not heating up any part of your body to the point of cooking reaction.

I thought we were supposed to be worried about all the slow neutrons plowing into our DNA creating a chain reaction of cancer in our earlobes, making earrings difficult.

(yes, I AM a member in good standing of the DiffiCult. )

I don't really understand the actual point of 5G, it seems to be hopelessly flawed by the use of super high frequencies and their lack of distance travelled and nearly complete requirement to have line of site and good weather. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've read about it so far, and it really seems like the technology is going to cost these companies a shitload of money to install in cities, and anywhere that isn't urban is going to have sporadic coverage or no coverage at all in terms of 5g. They have to have 5g antennas facing in multiple directions on nearly have street pole... High speeds are pointless if you only get them in certain super specific conditions.

That said, I have no fucking clue what they are on about in terms of aesthetics. You mean that telephone pole that always looked like shit, somehow looks shittier with some fancy antennas on top of it? Give me a fucking break.

Can anyone paste the article here? It's being blocked for some reason.
You realize the exact same thing was said about digital modems in phones instead of analog. Oh less range not as good of signal, I'll never give up my Motorola Razor.

why would these massive multinational corporations that also control most governments be getting such a hard-on for a technology that has no apparent data throughput or latency benefits? Companies that also make massive quantities of money with information dragnets and sell this information (either covertly or overtly.... oops! we've been selling your data this whole time, sorry! We can settle in court for a fraction of what we've made off of this satanic practice) to the highest bidder? So you can charge your Apple Watch while you go jogging through the park?

Or because they want to use wireless power technology to put data collection sensors ****EVERYWHERE**** (up to and including INSIDE OF YOU with a nice FDA rubber-stamp) and sell the data to the highest bidder?

But hey, at least the battery in your mark-of-the-beast wearable (....or consumable?) doesn't go dead.... or at least it shouldn't assuming you aren't within the vicinity of too many of their sensors... wires are messy anyway.

Time to reinvent the internet.

Last edited:
This made me giigle.
One of the first things i noticed moving to the states was
1: lack of bicycles
2: phone poles

We don have phone poles anymore in my birth country ( or they are really rare) as they are all burried down... well the cables not the poles.
But this kinda reminded me of the first time i was in the states

We got lucky when we found a house we could afford in the city. It's in a part of a development at the edge of the city and everything is underground. Most people don't notice it until I point out there's nothing to see except neighbors, trees, and skylines.

Once these towers are up there is little or nothing the average person can do. I mean you could go outside and destroy the tower maybe get electrocuted in the process and they might never know it's missing. Smart Phones are only as smart as the users and from what I seen isn't saying much.

I live way away from 5g and future 5g and if it comes close to me I'll move even further away.

5g is a blanket of tumors. Mark my words. Laugh at me now. Just wait and see. I will have the last laugh.

5g is planned mass infliction.

And you think that your government's and your corporations love you.

I'm already having a premature last laugh.

Why else do you think there are super elite government protected zero radiation enclaves that you and I have no access too? Maybe because were not super wealthy. Lmao.

Oh right... to protect seti. Or to protect an antenna studying a black hole. Lmao. Look at the avg home value in said areas.

Steve Jobs banned his kids from his own tech

Bill Gates would not let his kids have cell phones. Etc... blag blag blah... it's all public information. Laugh all you want. We know who the real fools are.

But our kids can devour technology... it's ok for the underlings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...limits-bill-gates-steve-jobs-red-flag-2017-10

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone is protesting 5G, Everyone knows that 5G is going to cure cancer, make everyone attractive, solve world hunger and is made with electrolytes

I live way away from 5g and future 5g and if it comes close to me I'll move even further away.

5g is a blanket of tumors. Mark my words. Laugh at me now. Just wait and see. I will have the last laugh.

5g is planned mass infliction.

And you think that your government's and your corporations love you.

I'm already having a premature last laugh.

Why else do you think there are super elite government protected zero radiation enclaves that you and I have no access too? Maybe because were not super wealthy. Lmao.

Oh right... to protect seti. Or to protect an antenna studying a black hole. Lmao. Look at the avg home value in said areas.

Steve Jobs bammed his kids from his own tech

Bill Gates would not let his kids have cell phones. Etc... blag blag blah... it's all public information. Laugh all you want. We know who the real fools are.

But our kids can devour technology... it's ok for the underlings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...limits-bill-gates-steve-jobs-red-flag-2017-10

Why are jou on The Open Internets? You knows Bill Gates is watching jou?

Get beck on Tor whee the interments are savor

Working on the assumption that Big China wants 5g there but does NOT want 5g in the US.

How does having billions of Chinese plebes with brain cancer enhance China's GDP ?

OR

How does having a couple billion sensor suits connected centrally via high speed wireless enhance societal coherence and control ?

why would these massive multinational corporations that also control most governments be getting such a hard-on for a technology that has no apparent data throughput or latency benefits? Companies that also make massive quantities of money with information dragnets and sell this information (either covertly or overtly.... oops! we've been selling your data this whole time, sorry! We can settle in court for a fraction of what we've made off of this satanic practice) to the highest bidder? So you can charge your Apple Watch while you go jogging through the park?

Or because they want to use wireless power technology to put data collection sensors ****EVERYWHERE**** (up to and including INSIDE OF YOU with a nice FDA rubber-stamp) and sell the data to the highest bidder?

But hey, at least the battery in your mark-of-the-beast wearable (....or consumable?) doesn't go dead.... or at least it shouldn't assuming you aren't within the vicinity of too many of their sensors... wires are messy anyway.

Time to reinvent the internet.
Mark on the beast wearable LMAO what a thing to say.

yup that's the problem we have here.. AT&T has been trying to put in fiber but every street they get to there's more and more undocumented shit found under the roads.. in 2 years of trying to install it they've gotten as far as a 1 mile radius from Gonzaga university which is where they started from. i have a feeling they'll probably give up soon. it'll be interesting to see how long it'll take before 5G is here though given this is primarily a verizon only service area.. AT&T, sprint, and t-mobile are completely useless out here if you're not within 10-15 miles of the freeway running through the southern part of the city.
I haven't heard of many people having issues with AT&T, or even T-Mobile in our neck of the woods.. lots of issues with Sprint. But even Verizon has issues in parts of the city. Had a buddy who use to live up off Nevada and Glass, Which isn't to far North of Gonzaga, Verizon towers all around, but we could only get 1 bar with Verizon due to various interference, but was mainly because was his block was on un even (lower) ground than the others around him. Or at least that was what the final determination was.

I don't really understand the actual point of 5G, it seems to be hopelessly flawed by the use of super high frequencies and their lack of distance travelled and nearly complete requirement to have line of site and good weather. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've read about it so far, and it really seems like the technology is going to cost these companies a shitload of money to install in cities, and anywhere that isn't urban is going to have sporadic coverage or no coverage at all in terms of 5g. They have to have 5g antennas facing in multiple directions on nearly have street pole... High speeds are pointless if you only get them in certain super specific conditions.

That said, I have no fucking clue what they are on about in terms of aesthetics. You mean that telephone pole that always looked like shit, somehow looks shittier with some fancy antennas on top of it? Give me a fucking break.

Can anyone paste the article here? It's being blocked for some reason.
It's the WSJ paywall: Truth hostage to profit.

Aren't you guys forgetting the BIGGEST advantage to 5G? I see this back and forth and no one has mentioned latency.

Aren't you guys forgetting the BIGGEST advantage to 5G? I see this back and forth and no one has mentioned latency.

True.. latency is significantly lower. You now have a 50ms faster chance at getting that lovely temporal tumor.

If home internet routers could locate the antenna outside via a coaxial cable then they would be much safer.

one feature of 5G that no one is talking about: You can now send your kid to school with raw meat in their lunch box, as by the time lunch time comes around the meat should be up to temperature.
Good thing kids are made of flesh and not meat.

Not sure I understand how 5G will help my fridge order milk for me, but ok...

Self-driving cars ? Mesh internet ?
Those are only 2 examples, think beyond existing things... mmWave 5G promise new avenue while lower band while help move to more efficient cellphone network.

I concede that this is based on currently what could be considered vaporware to the end user but trust me it's in the work. You may read application notes from Keysight who is playing a big role in 5G.

If I had to guess companies want to leave us consumers with less and less control. That has been the trend.

No more IPV4 behind a NAT:ed and firewalled network.

You no longer have a network. Instead, every device you own is constantly on 5G via IPV6, and charging you for the data, of course.

That's the real revolution behind 5g. The end of personal control of our devices, our computers and our networks.

And of course, this shit sandwich will be marketed to us as if it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, when in reality wireless companies are taking in bandwidth fees for what used to be intra-network traffic, without providing any benefit

Enterprises have already been falling over themselves to cede this control to the cloud. The consumer space is next.

I guess I'll be left behind. I won't buy a product that requires this kind of connection. As it is, I don't have any desire for any of the IoT devices I've seen advertised. Things like the Nest thermostat, smart lights and intelligent appliances hold no interest to me. Heck, the smart TVs I have are just being used as TVs, they're not attached directly to my network.

Self-driving cars ? Mesh internet ?
Those are only 2 examples, think beyond existing things... mmWave 5G promise new avenue while lower band while help move to more efficient cellphone network.

I concede that this is based on currently what could be considered vaporware to the end user but trust me it's in the work. You may read application notes from Keysight who is playing a big role in 5G.

MmWave 5g should be destroyed. Should be eliminated from earth before its allowed to proliferate.

When big tech and govt tells you to get a 5g chip in your hand or else you cant buy or sell, you gonna do it?

MmWave 5g should be destroyed. Should be eliminated from earth before its allowed to proliferate.

When big tech and govt tells you to get a 5g chip in your hand or else you cant buy or sell, you gonna do it?

What the hell lol ? I wouldn't but where is that coming from ?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/10/bay-area-city-blocks-5g-deployments-over-cancer-concerns/

Laugh now and laugh hard...

Laugh away

From article:
"The Bay Area may be the center of the global technology industry, but that hasn’t stopped one wealthy enclave from protecting itself from the future"

---

https://www.sciencealert.com/creepy...-alexa-records-everything-you-say-from-now-on

"A newly revealed patent application filed by Amazon is raising privacy concerns over an envisaged upgrade to the company's smart speaker systems. This change would mean that, by default, the devices end up listening to and recording everything you say in their presence."

I
could go on and on and on and on

Last edited:
https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/10/bay-area-city-blocks-5g-deployments-over-cancer-concerns/

Laugh now and laugh hard...

Laugh away

From article:
"The Bay Area may be the center of the global technology industry, but that hasn’t stopped one wealthy enclave from protecting itself from the future"

---

https://www.sciencealert.com/creepy...-alexa-records-everything-you-say-from-now-on

"A newly revealed patent application filed by Amazon is raising privacy concerns over an envisaged upgrade to the company's smart speaker systems. This change would mean that, by default, the devices end up listening to and recording everything you say in their presence."

I
could go on and on and on and on

Yeah you listed warnings and potential stuff that California might claim may happen .... Trying to be as vague as your link here.
Anyway, here's a tinfoil hat :) I agree with smart home stuff, they listen to much but at this point your cellphone does it too as well as your browser (your = average joe, not you tinfoil owners lol).

I agree that we need more tight privacy laws but the fear at 5G is overblown... Feel free to link a valid science link with proof / tests etc. ... not a group of aunts saying their hairs go dry beside antennas.

Yeah you listed warnings and potential stuff that California might claim may happen .... Trying to be as vague as your link here.
Anyway, here's a tinfoil hat :) I agree with smart home stuff, they listen to much but at this point your cellphone does it too as well as your browser (your = average joe, not you tinfoil owners lol).

I agree that we need more tight privacy laws but the fear at 5G is overblown... Feel free to link a valid science link with proof / tests etc. ... not a group of aunts saying their hairs go dry beside antennas.

You need to do your own research and stop patronizing others to do it for you. When you hear this much flak about the dangers of the tech does it not drive you to want to find out?

You're your own enemy in this regard. I'm not going to entertain you by doing all the work. I did mine. I wrote papers at the university that even got faculty alarmed and researching the dangers and my colleague, a geneticist, agrees there is a preponderance of evidence in its dangers.

You've been warned. Dont cry to me down the road when your 5 year old gets leukemia or a nasty sarcoma.

Our bodies are not meant to be pounded on constantly by high energy high frequency radiation.
Yet you people are BEGGING for it.

Back