• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Chrome 11 Stable Update

Did they fix their incredibly shitty hardware acceleration with this release yet?
 
Incognito mode doesn't work ALL the time
It does if you launch Chrome in Incognito. Then it's 100% Incognito, full time, all the time.

No, it doesn't. It only hides Ads and is physically incapable of blocking scripts until Google provides the necessary APIs. Stop being ignorant.
Seems you're the ignorant one here. It used to be the case that ads were only hidden, but it now prevents ads from loading. Just like Firefox's AdBlock.
 
Firefox is better....
trust_me_i_know_internets.jpg
 
Did they fix their incredibly shitty hardware acceleration with this release yet?
Google appears to be focusing on more important things with Chrome at this time. Perhaps Microsoft feels that being to render a thousand fish moving from side to side at high frame rates is critically important to the average user's browsing experience, but Google appears less concerned about it.
 
The fanboys flaming each other over which browser they use is cute. Who the fuck cares what browser you use; It displays the same Internet. :rolleyes:

IE9 displays the Internet more prettily than Firefox4.

Well, in Sharepoint 2010 anyways. ;-)
 
And ignorant statement of the day goes to....

Yes, I realize that different browsers offer different features/aesthetics. You're ignorant to believe that someone else's choice of browser is the incorrect one. Does it affect me if someone uses IE and I don't? Hell no, it doesn't. Like I said before:

Who the fuck cares what browser someone uses. :rolleyes:
 
No, it doesn't. It only hides Ads and is physically incapable of blocking scripts until Google provides the necessary APIs. Stop being ignorant.
Gotta love the internet...it's a place where you can call someone ignorant without getting your grill jacked.

Google's noscript works just fine but if you want to be that anal about it install one of the many extensions that will do it better. I can't believe browsers are eliciting such a hostile thread....some of you guys need to get out more.
 
Incognito mode doesn't work ALL the time. Opera lets me stay in normal mode but doesn't keep any history and doesn't have any drop down of what sites I've been to or what I've searched. Then I can have it remember passwords and other important things that I like. So far Opera is my browser of choice it looks like that won't be changing anytime soon :(

If only opera was faster :(
Opera has had the things other browsers claim and shout about way before they did. Like the developer console.
It was the only browser for AJAX debugging a while back.
 
Just like OS discussions. WinBlows, McSucks and Lindrivesyoumad all of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you were mature about it you'll learn to adapt and use them for different things. Period.
 
If only opera was faster :(
Opera has had the things other browsers claim and shout about way before they did. Like the developer console.
It was the only browser for AJAX debugging a while back.

They had the speed dial, built in mail client and even a turbo mode for slower speed connections are just some of the reasons I love Opera. Plus the fact that their Opera:Config is so powerful and customizable is an added plus. My Opera doesn't track any history and doesn't keep any cache even when not in private mode.
 
Google appears to be focusing on more important things with Chrome at this time. Perhaps Microsoft feels that being to render a thousand fish moving from side to side at high frame rates is critically important to the average user's browsing experience, but Google appears less concerned about it.

So no then, its still amazingly shitty?
 
Gotta love the internet...it's a place where you can call someone ignorant without getting your grill jacked.

Don't jack my grill, bro!

You people crack me up. All I can hear is a bunch of squeeky junior high nerds furiously pounding on their keyboards.

But, seriously, Chrome rocks. For now.
 
So no then, its still amazingly shitty?
I have no idea what the current state is of hardware acceleration in Chrome. It might be fantastic; it might be terrible. The reason I don't know, though, is assumably because there is no advantage in me knowing.
 
Eh, I used Chrome for a while, I stopped when Fx4 came out, but still had it until very recently. (Used it for google voice, but i'm using gvnotifier now)

Didn't know ABP for chrome blocked the ads, cuz the one I used only hid it. Chrome does have one thing for sure, that I like better than firefox, the ability to end plugin processes. But I am loving fx4, so unless it konks out on me I'll stay with it for a good while I think.
 
Firefox for alac streaming over audiogalaxy, Chrome for everything else.
 
I really love IE9, but it has one very annoying bug. Sometimes when I click on a link it just sits there. Endlessly. Continually endlessly. That def never happened in Chrome when I was using it. I prefer the look of IE9 though and besides the one terrible thing mentioned above it works great.
 
a bunch of squeeky junior high nerds furiously pounding on their keyboards.

lol

seriously, though. Could the new chome logo be any uglier? FFS it looks like a joke. It was either colored by a 6th grader, or else it was designed in the 80s and stuck on the top of a Commodore 64 floppy drive.
 
The new logo better reflects the type of browser Chrome is: Chrome isn't flashy, fancy or complex. The old logo was all of those things. The new icon also works better at smaller sizes like 16x16 and 32x32 due to its lack of complexity.
 
Back
Top