• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chrome 11 Stable Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
For those of you interested, the Google Chrome team has announced that Chrome 11.0.696.57 is ready for human consumption.

The Google Chrome team is happy to announce the arrival of Chrome 11.0.696.57 to the Stable Channel for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. Chrome 11 contains some really great improvements including speech input through HTML.
 
Does it have the API's needed for a true NoScript port? No. Does it have the API's for a true ABP port? No.

Sorry. I'll pass. Until Google brings those needed API's to Chrome it will never touch my computers.
 
Does it have the API's needed for a true NoScript port? No. Does it have the API's for a true ABP port? No.

Sorry. I'll pass. Until Google brings those needed API's to Chrome it will never touch my computers.

You keep using your shitty outdated slow browser so you can keep using those addons which just make firefox slower and shittier.

Is it really worth it to ripoff ad revenue from all the sites you visit? Noscript i get but ABP is an inefficient piece of shit.
 
Two Words "Chrome Rocks!" :) I'll never join the dark side, with your outdated, slow, and ugly browsers. :mad:
 
Lol, I can't take you seriously if you prefer Firefox's baby blue ghetto toolbar chrome to Chrome's minimalist, page-oriented style.

You keep your shitty UI. I'll use a browser where I can customize the UI to anything I need to fit my specific needs.

If I wanted to use a browser that I couldn't control - I'd use IE.
 
You keep using your shitty outdated slow browser so you can keep using those addons which just make firefox slower and shittier.

Is it really worth it to ripoff ad revenue from all the sites you visit? Noscript i get but ABP is an inefficient piece of shit.

ABP? Inefficient? Are you high? Can I buy drugs from you?
 
will it fix my constant "site timed out" messages or the folder face saying a site cant been seen meanwhile IE and FF show it fine...
 
ABP? Inefficient? Are you high? Can I buy drugs from you?

You clearly know absolutely NOTHING about ABP...

It is funny that the firefox fanboys have come out to shit on the thread with pointless chrome hate though. Enjoy last years browser guys.
 
while i use chrome myself, i'd just like to step in here to defend ie9 - it's actually quite good! i definitely prefer it over firefox 3.6. firefox4 and ie9 it's a bit of a tossup, though.

ABP / noscript... what kind of computer are you using where this stuff is so essential? are you on a pentium 2?
 
You clearly know absolutely NOTHING about ABP...

It is funny that the firefox fanboys have come out to shit on the thread with pointless chrome hate though. Enjoy last years browser guys.

Read every Firefox thread Steve starts, 70% of the posts are "who cares I use chrome its way better blah blah blah"
 
So I see lots of rednecks in here.... Mine's better than yours shit.

LOL, well, I tried Chrome, and like Firefox better. So be it.

I keep trying chrome, but I like my ad's blocked, and scripts not ran.
 
The fanboys flaming each other over which browser they use is cute. Who the fuck cares what browser you use; It displays the same Internet. :rolleyes:
 
Do they give you the ability to completely stop the application from saving any history and displaying the websites in the drop down address bar like I can customize Opera to do? I'm so close to switching to Chrome if only it did that...
 
Do they give you the ability to completely stop the application from saving any history and displaying the websites in the drop down address bar like I can customize Opera to do? I'm so close to switching to Chrome if only it did that...

Incognito mode, AKA porn mode.
 
Incognito mode doesn't work ALL the time. Opera lets me stay in normal mode but doesn't keep any history and doesn't have any drop down of what sites I've been to or what I've searched. Then I can have it remember passwords and other important things that I like. So far Opera is my browser of choice it looks like that won't be changing anytime soon :(
 
I'm a developer and love MS. That said, IE just don't cut it so Fx has been my browser of choice the last few years, mainly because of extensions, primarily AdBlock, NoScript and Flash Block.
Yesterday I figured it was time to test Chrome again and one of the first things I went looking for was AdBlock, NoScript and Flash Block and lo and behold, they work as expected. Dunno if they are effective, I don't care, all I know is that Fx is still flawed, leaks memory and acts weird after a few days with stuttering every 20 seconds or so, even with only a few tabs open. The only way to fix it is to close it, wait up to perhaps 3 minutes until the Fx process is done shutting down and then restart it.
THAT drives me crazy but I just don't want to browse without said extensions and now Chrome looks like it can replace Fx for me.

Btw. I white list sites I frequently visit, like Hard, so they get the ad revenue. And I agree, hate and flaming over something like a browser is just cute, in a pathetic kind of way. :)
 
BTW what the hell happened to this forums policy against admitting to using adblock? Did i miss something?
 
Give me zoom text only like Firefox and I might use Chrome, it is a nice browser other than that missing feature.
 
I am die hard Opera fan.
rly its #1 no doubt or I'll kill you, but dang...
this Chrome is blazing faaast (say some stupid kawaii pr0n for which Opera takes ages)

Also it has block google domain from search thingie which is not avilable on Opera, and I rage hard because of all those click farms.

In short I have to use both, and although I try not to use IE,
occasionally I fire up Firefox for it's nifty proxy extensions.
 
No, it doesn't. It only hides Ads and is physically incapable of blocking scripts until Google provides the necessary APIs. Stop being ignorant.
Where have you read this, just out of curiosity? Because on the D/L page for ABP for Chrome the Dev says it blocks the ads from even downloading, not just hide them.
 
Chrome is like a sleek GTR in gunmetal.
Firefox is like a old pinto fit due for crushing.
 
^Oh, and the best part is that I checked my version just now and chrome already ninja updated. :)
 
Ok, so how do you turn on aero peek in opera? I have it working for IE9 and Firefox, but no go for opera.
 
oh god here we go with the feature bloat- speech input through html? who the hell uses that?
 
The only reason I still use mainly Firefox is because of ONE things RSS live bookmarks.
I still don't get why they don't have them... They are 5 years behind!
 
Chrome is like a sleek GTR in gunmetal.
Firefox is like a old pinto fit due for crushing.

And the pinto is full equip with AC, remote starter, all electric, bluetooth, etc... The GTR has only one option, a decorative door handle(because you still have to go through the window)...

(not the reality about the car, but it is about the browser)
 
Back
Top