• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

China's 176-qubit quantum computing platform goes online

erek

8=D
2FA
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
18,300
You gotta admit you gotta be impressed by this

“A 176-qubit quantum computing platform named Zuchongzhi went online for global users Wednesday night, which is expected to push forward the development of quantum computing hardware and its ecosystem …”

1685733976173.jpeg

Source: https://news.cgtn.com/news/2023-06-...g-platform-goes-online-1kh015Ld9vO/index.html
 
Useful or useless? Won't know till we see it? Definately quantized...
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
It has quite the sci-fi movie look:
FxgKQTeagAA-rba?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg


Does the "power" of such system really double for some algorithm for each qubit added ? If so going from 66 to 176 must be some insane hard to process for our brain jump (specially that the starting point was apparently already 10 millions faster than ordinary super computers at some task, 10 million * 2exposed in 110, even if exaggerated by a factor of 1,000 by the marketing is a lot)
 
Last edited:
Must be nice to able to claim that it does but just not in our universe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
I'm wondering how it performs at breaking 128 and 256bit AES
Last I checked there are no known quantuam algorithms to break AES. Only quantuam algorithms to break the asymmetrical cryptos(I think both RSA and ECDSA are affected?). I think there was an algorithm to make AES O(sqrt(n)), but then the argument is just double the bits for AES and you're back to the same security, as opposite to RSA which, in theory, would be broken far worse than that.

edit:
Code:
 O( sqrt( n) )
 
Last I checked there are no known quantuam algorithms to break AES. Only quantuam algorithms to break the asymmetrical cryptos(I think both RSA and ECDSA are affected?). I think there was an algorithm to make AES O(sqrt(n)), but then the argument is just double the bits for AES and you're back to the same security, as opposite to RSA which, in theory, would be broken far worse than that.

edit:
Code:
 O( sqrt( n) )

I'll take your word for it. This is so far above my head on this topic that I completely lac the terminology to discuss it :p
 
Back
Top