Cheap Prebuilt pc

MyThLoSt

Limp Gawd
I have been looking around for a cheap prebuilt pc and was wanting to spend around $1200 to max $1500 on a pc. I already have a 22lg monitor.

I was looking at these deals. Which one would you buy and why? or do u recommend something else. I would like to buy from Maingear but I just don't have enough money to get something i would like from them as they cost a little more.

option 1: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsavedsd.asp?id=320972 (includes free shipping and 3 year warranty)

option 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227146 ($30 shipping)

option3: also went and looked at XXXXXXXX pc
Cooler Master RC 690
Corsair TX 750W
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 3.0GHz 8MB
Cooler Master 212 Plus
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
Super Talent DDR3-1333 6GB (3x 2G CL8
Western Digital 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB
Samsung SH-S223F 22X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD4870 Vapor-X 1GB
Microsoft Vista Home Premium64-bit (Free Win 7 Upgrade)

Price: $1,363

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I don't agree with a water cooling setup for someone who does not want to work on / build their computer. That is asking for trouble, imo.

its not a true water cooling setup. its a asetek self contained one. I never said i don't want to work on one I just don't want to build my own.

anyone got any advice on which one to go with??

Last edited:
link doesnt work, but i thought hp and dell use mobos and componets that u cant upgrade in the future or oc.

Last edited:
I like option 2. Twice as big of a HDD and twice as much memory as #1, with a GTX 285, and big PS for a very reasonable price seems to be a winner. I also don't like the MSI mobo in #1, although #2 doesn't say who makes it. I think both of them are fairly good computer makers. Option 3 looks okay, although the video and HDD aren't as good as #2.

Everything I've heard about HP is bad. Don't buy one of their computers. You might check Dell. They are very well built and reliable. I'm not sure what you might need to upgrade that you feel you can't. You can always add more memory or a new HDD or a new video card like any other computer. Only time I ran into problems with them was when I wanted to upgrade the PS, which was proprietary. Even then, PC Power & Cooling had what I was looking for.

Im also now thinking about building my own, but how much cheaper would it be?

Myth, if you decide you'd like a prebuilt, give Maingear a call and tell them what your budget is. We might be able to do something special for you.

Im also now thinking about building my own, but how much cheaper would it be?

Depends on what features you want. But here's a prelim build:

$505 - Intel Core i7 920 + Asus P6T Intel X58 Motherboard Combo
$98 - Crucial CT3KIT25664BA1339 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$145 - XFX HD-487A-ZHFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB PCI-E Video Card
$75 - Western Digital WD6401AALS 640GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$30 - Samsung SH-S223B SATA DVD Burner
$100 - Antec Truepower New TP750 750W PSU
$60 - Cooler Master RC-590-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$109 - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1 OEM w/ Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon
----
Total: $1122 plus tax and shipping. Roughly $241 cheaper than Option 3 and $317 cheaper than option 1. Not including option 2 due to the next paragraph.

No matter what you do, don't get an iBuypower or Cyberpower built PC. They're cheap for a reason: Shitty construction quality, piss-poor customer service, and the inclusion of the shittiest PSUs in existense (Which link #2 definitely has). SO don't buy iBuypower or Cyberpower

I would like to make it cheaper but the only thing i can can change and upgrade later down the road is the gpu but I think that build looks good. After looking at newegg the only thing I changed was the ram to this which wasnt that much more http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227388

I will most likely be ordering the parts next week

also digitalstorm updated their pc to a labor day deal now tiha a 3.6ghz oc evga mobo and a corsair 750 psu so that deal is alot better now

Last edited:
Good luck with the build! Take pics of it if you can!

i agree on the water cooling... it' like owning a fish tank... you going to have to tear it down every once in awhile to do maintenance on it.

Back