• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Central Computers

I was there yesterday. Best option at the moment for PC enthusiasts in the Bay Area. At least until MicroCenter opens in the next month or so.
 
I was there yesterday. Best option at the moment for PC enthusiasts in the Bay Area. At least until MicroCenter opens in the next month or so.

When is MicroCenter supposed to open, everything I saw was last year, but here we are almost 3 month in to 2025 and still not open.
 
I was there yesterday. Best option at the moment for PC enthusiasts in the Bay Area. At least until MicroCenter opens in the next month or so.
Yeah, Anyone here who lives in the Bay Area remember Frys Electornics.
 
Of course! Fremont was the best! All the various theme's. Palo Alto was the weirdest.
I remember the Palo Alto store in the days when there was a big line, and there were 50 cashiers all working. A guy at the head of the line would tell you which cashier (by number) to go to. Then later on, only 1 or 2 cashiers were working and there was no wait.
 
Central Computer was the only place you could get an MSRP 3070 for a week or two after launch when they were sold out and scalped everywhere else. I kicked myself for not snagging one. I was planning on getting a Lovelace card from them at launch, but then the MSRP turned out to be pre-scalped. Unfortunately, they only seem to carry occasional and limited stock of AMD cards, or I would have tried to get a 9070 XT from them.
 
Great store in San Francisco. The last of a generation of mom and pop/Independent owned PC storefronts witha thriving e-commerce platform. Bought many of things there (Graphics, Sound cards, Cases, etc...) and they always honored their warranty returns when I lived in SF. Always fun to go there and browse on a Saturday afternoon. Never went to their other locations.
 
Last edited:
Central Computer is outstanding, I've bought everything from SuperMicro server hardware to personal home PC HW. Excellent selection, prices are fine, and at least some of the people who work there know their stuff.

I was a Microcenter person when I lived in Michigan but I actually prefer Central Computer now that I'm in California. It'll be interesting when the new Microcenter opens nearby.
 
Back
Top