CDW Outlet Finds

Came to 89$ total after tax and shipping. I billed it on my credit card. If it comes in messed up or something, I'll probably do a chargeback if they don't take care of me.
Sweet! Hope everything goes smooth and it works like a champ! (y) I never thought about doing a chargeback--I should look into that. :)

Well generally I don't think people do chargebacks unless they're willing to literally stop dealing with a company entirely. Because most companies I think ban you if you do something like that.

For me this is low risk because this is the only thing I've ordered from these people to begin with. For you, I'm not sure.

Well generally I don't think people do chargebacks unless they're willing to literally stop dealing with a company entirely. Because most companies I think ban you if you do something like that.

For me this is low risk because this is the only thing I've ordered from these people to begin with. For you, I'm not sure.
Yeah, but I've been doing business with them since the mid-1990s, so this needs to be resolved in my favor one way or another. Plus, I think they're big enough that they really don't care. :eek:

So how are you supposed to check order status? I checked out as a guest, got an order ready message, and received an emailed order confirmation. Then they called me telling me the credit card has been declined. I realized that this one had a specific billing address that was different from the rest, so I told them I would take care of it. I emailed the representative with the new address information earlier today. Haven't heard anything back from her.

https://www.cdw.com/content/myaccount/order-center/?cm_sp=Footer-_-MyAccount-_-Quick+Order+Status

I've been checking here, but it just says order number not found. Did they just silently cancel on me? =\

Their order tracking system sometimes sucks, lol.

I'd just call them back and make sure the address was updated and the card was re-charged. A lot of the call center agents are so hounded by calls that they really can't get anything else done during peak times. I'm willing to be the order is already placed and processing and that it doesn't show up for whatever reason like mine don't show up, lol. I usually just watch my email for order updates and the tracking number.

I can't pick this up til Friday or next Monday due to logistical issues but I should be a proud owner of this bad boy!!!

https://www.cdw.com/product/eaton-2200va-twr-rack-mountable-ups/5571620?pfm=srh

SamirD and thanks for the help man!!!!

1 question. What do I do If the product is damaged or broken or some super unfortunate thing? This is technically a returned item yes? I have never bought anything like this before so......

Nice! If you're picking up it won't be broken because they will have already inspected the return and taped it back up. (y) And if you run into any issues with the unit, it's covered under their return policy (although I guess they would just refund it since they wouldn't have another item number in stock since each outlet item is its own item number), and you also have the manufacturers warranty. (y)

If you are shipping it and they're using a local courier, I'd just make sure that it's okay before you sign for delivery. If it's UPS/Fedex I'd try to do the same, but they usually just drop and go these days.

Keep us posted! You got this thing at a STEAL since it's usually $1500+ even from CDW. :eek:

Taking a chance with this HP laser color printer with scanner. It is now down to 76$, with tax and shipping 108$
I am so sick of inkjet printers and their ink usage and prices. Even if you don't use them for a while they use ink for maintenance.
Thanks for the links

https://www.cdw.com/product/hp-recert-color-lj-pro-mfp-m180nw-b/5566862?pfm=srh
CDW normally sells that model for $236, so you definitely got a deal. I think I've seen similar models to these at staples so you can even go check one out there to see what you're getting. It's a step up from inkjet for sure, but it's not the full-on build quality of a regular laser imo because of the cheesy paper handling and thin shiny plastics. I think you'll still be satisfied. (y)

Weight was a factor too. This one has a 40lb shipping weight, the other I looked at were 75lbs or so.
That is a big difference.
I think it will be fine, it's for home usage not an office environment.

Weight was a factor too. This one has a 40lb shipping weight, the other I looked at were 75lbs or so.
That is a big difference.
I think it will be fine, it's for home usage not an office environment.
Yeah, that will make somewhat of a difference, but I've noticed that even when weights are high, the shipping prices don't shoot up too much. The only real gamble when things get heavier is the chance for shipping damage.

Yep, it will be great for the home--probably the last printer you'll buy in the next 5 years. (y)

Okay. So today I tried calling that woman again. No response as usual. Look up order number on that link. Cancelled.

Great. Ignored my email, didn't tell me anything, and then just silently cancelled my order. Just amazing. To top it all off, that printer is discontinued now, so I can't even reorder it.

Thanks Jennifer, you're the best.

Okay. So today I tried calling that woman again. No response as usual. Look up order number on that link. Cancelled.

Great. Ignored my email, didn't tell me anything, and then just silently cancelled my order. Just amazing. To top it all off, that printer is discontinued now, so I can't even reorder it.

Thanks Jennifer, you're the best.
Why did you not just call the main 800 number call center about the order--almost anyone can help you with an existing order. :( You'll almost never be able to reach sales reps when you need them since they're always on the phone. :(

Yeah, it got pulled from inventory or someone else got it. But in my experience, it's because something better is coming along for you. (y) Like the 10TB and 4TB drives someone has bought out from under me. :mad:

I had this happen a few times with various companies--you always have to follow up with people to make sure they did what they were supposed to if what you want is on the line. Like the lady at Provantage who said last Friday that she'd look into why the item in my open box order was wrong and get me an answer fast--crickets. I already had it on my work list to follow up with her, but I really believed her. :( And that return is still not resolved with CDW...mo deals, mo problems...:ROFLMAO:

Well frankly I don't know how things worked with this company. I didn't know the sales rep was going to be useless. I kind of just assumed that they had some reasonable hierarchy and distribution of duties...

Well, any more good laser printer deals pop up? That was a high resolution printer with duplexing and high print rate for a good price, so I'm pretty bummed to miss out on that. Again don't care about scanner functionality.

Well frankly I don't know how things worked with this company. I didn't know the sales rep was going to be useless. I kind of just assumed that they had some reasonable hierarchy and distribution of duties...

Well, any more good laser printer deals pop up? That was a high resolution printer with duplexing and high print rate for a good price, so I'm pretty bummed to miss out on that. Again don't care about scanner functionality.
It's a learning process. They work with larger businesses as their bread and butter so consumers are not really a part of their workflow. Something I just learned with time. But it's definitely worth it once you figure it out. (y)

I actually went back to check all the deals I posted before and ALL of them are gone now. :( But I did find another c400 that is in the outlet so it's price will be coming down--you'll just have to watch it.

Bah, the lowest price color laser printer that I see on there now is like 3x the price of the one I was considering. Guess I just won't print. Really rotten luck with this whole ordeal.

Bah, the lowest price color laser printer that I see on there now is like 3x the price of the one I was considering. Guess I just won't print. Really rotten luck with this whole ordeal.
Yeah, deals come and go. That's why I watch it fairly regularly. And stuff seems to come in spurts too. But the good thing is once you've seen a deal on a particular item, if you see that item in the outlet again, you know exactly what price it will be going to and when to pounce. (y)

Yeah, deals come and go. That's why I watch it fairly regularly. And stuff seems to come in spurts too. But the good thing is once you've seen a deal on a particular item, if you see that item in the outlet again, you know exactly what price it will be going to and when to pounce. (y)
yea that triplite vanished the day after i bought the Eaton. Either someone else grabbed it or it was liquidated.

guess nobody has spotted those 2080 ti's for $870 yet. still too rich for me.

https://www.cdw.com/search/?key=geforce 2080&outlet=1&searchscope=all&sr=1
yea fuck these GPU prices. I am still rocking a 980TI from years ago. I am dying to upgrade but the prices are just ridiculous. It feels like 1990s GPU prices :p (accounting for inflation)

yea that triplite vanished the day after i bought the Eaton. Either someone else grabbed it or it was liquidated.
Probably liquidated. A lot of stuff I posted recently disappeared--probably because it was all close to the bottom. Oh well--next! :D

That HP color laserjet MPF M180nw printer came. I got it hooked up and running, seems to work great.
Build quality is good. Not too big for a home unit, kind of heavy for a printer 40#
DL and installedthe newest drivers and firmware, that went well. WIFI was easy setup. 75$, I am a happy camper.
If they come back, I recommend getting one if in the market.
Thanks again for the links

That HP color laserjet MPF M180nw printer came. I got it hooked up and running, seems to work great.
Build quality is good. Not too big for a home unit, kind of heavy for a printer 40#
DL and installedthe newest drivers and firmware, that went well. WIFI was easy setup. 75$, I am a happy camper.
SamirD

Awesome! That's what I like to hear--sad lonely printer finds loving home and owner gets a steal of a deal. (y)

Randomly looked and saw that they had more of the 6510 from earlier for the same price (56 bucks). Just ordered it again. Hopefully this time it'll actually go through.

Randomly looked and saw that they had more of the 6510 from earlier for the same price (56 bucks). Just ordered it again. Hopefully this time it'll actually go through.
Check your order status on the order status page and call them on Monday to check on the order status/inventory. Hopefully it will actually be there in stock! (y)

I also ordered the xerox printer and will follow the above advice. Hope I amlucky
Uh oh--I hope they had more than one qty on that part number in the outlet or one of you will be empty handed. :eek:

So I was super curious and called CDW to see how many they had on that part number and as of when I called they only had one. Now that could mean that they have one left after both your orders, which means they originally had 3. I didn't ask if there were any orders pending on the items, which I don't think they would have shared with me even if I would have asked.

Good luck to both of you and I hope both of you get one as it's a steal of a price. (y)

Last edited:
I got the Eaton UPS. I will set it up tomorrow and take photos of it and post it for all your guy's drooling pleasure :p

Mine is in backorder status according to my account's page. Great. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. I'm kind of about to say that it's seriously not worth the trouble at this point.

What's absolutely retarded is that I'm pretty sure my order came first. But you know what at this point I kind of expect this from this company. Price you pay for good deals, apparently 100% of them will be unusable for people with bad luck, like me.

Mine is in backorder status according to my account's page. Great. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. I'm kind of about to say that it's seriously not worth the trouble at this point.
xerox 6510 shipped UPS Ground
Yeah, looks like Frosty got that one.

It's always a bit of a duck hunt in the outlet, so it may not be worth the time if you need something right then, and stuff can always be bought out from under you if someone else has their eye on it (like on about 5 items that I was actually watching last week), but this is just the nature of it. Still, the savings can be substantial like the 16gb 4x4gb corsair memory I got bnib last month for just over $12/stick shipped. (y)

What's absolutely retarded is that I'm pretty sure my order came first. But you know what at this point I kind of expect this from this company. Price you pay for good deals, apparently 100% of them will be unusable for people with bad luck, like me.
Most everything is fifo, but it also comes down to the picking in the warehouse--for some reason if a later order is picked for that particular item before an earlier order, then I could see that happening. But it doesn't sound right. I've never asked them how the picking works for 2 outlet orders for the same item, so the next time I'm ordering something I'll have to ask them.

Seems like no one on the servethehome forum thought much of this server that's normally $800+ that's down to $346, and the cpu alone costs almost $300. Seems like it would be a nice plex/htpc/etc for home use. I think it's got even 1-2 more drops in it too:
https://www.cdw.com/product/hpe-ml30-gen9-e3-1230v6-hp-rps-us-b/5558805?pfm=srh
Scratch this--looks like someone finally got it. And I'm glad because it was seriously tempting me! An ssd and a gpu would have made that a solid desktop. (y)

I thought I posted this Asus b360M motherboard earlier, but I'm kinda glad I didn't as the price is now near the bottom at $35. I think will drop one last time to $30, and that will make it substantially cheaper than the almost $90 it usually goes for:
https://www.cdw.com/product/asus-prime-b360m-a-lga1151-ddr4-matx/5560703?pfm=srh

There's a couple more of these too, but not down in price yet:
https://www.cdw.com/product/asus-prime-b360m-a-lga1151-ddr4-matx/5585115?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/asus-prime-b360m-a-lga1151-ddr4-matx/5584857?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/asus-prime-b360m-a-lga1151-ddr4-matx/5582833?pfm=srh

Back