Case standoff holes stripped

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't matter if it was accidental. I guess you don't get the point we are trying to make. how about this:
would it be ok if you bought a new bike, ran over a nail the next day and then returned or exchanged the bike because it has a flat? it didn't leave the store with a nail in it why is it their problem?! you buy a patch kit or new tube and repair it.
good luck with the build.
I'm done.

But it isn't a cob job to patch a bike tire and you can get new tires. I couldn't get a new motherboard tray.

I am exchanging the case for a new one.
...and that's a collosal dick move.

Drilling and tapping threads is not by any means a "cob job." This is standard practice in a diverse array of industries for repairing damaged threads. I've done it many times to fix bolt holes in stuff like cylinder heads.

...and that's a collosal dick move.

Drilling and tapping threads is not by any means a "cob job." This is standard practice in a diverse array of industries for repairing damaged threads. I've done it many times to fix bolt holes in stuff like cylinder heads.
And I don't know how to do that. I am not going to argue. What is done is done.

What the hell is a cob job?

And if I had accidentally stripped out a hole, I certainly would have used super glue on that stand off, let it dry and call it a day. Big damn deal.

I was going to try to fix it, but I thought I would just end up screwing up the case more, so I got a new case. I asked here and people said that if I was really concerned about it to get a new case, so that is what I did. Why do you feel the need to attack me for just getting a new case? It is getting ridiculous.

I was going to try to fix it, but I thought I would just end up screwing up the case more, so I got a new case. I asked here and people said that if I was really concerned about it to get a new case, so that is what I did. Why do you feel the need to attack me for just getting a new case? It is getting ridiculous.

They meant buy a new one, not be an asshole and cheat a business out of a new one, which raises prices for the rest of us.

This isn't the Best Buy Forum. We aren't a bunch of little whiney kids bragging about the latest pimple cream technology.

We are a bunch of old drunk bastards who know when someone is being a little shit head and will call people out on it.

If you don't like the answers you get, well, you can cry or maybe take a good look at what we are really saying.

You should be grateful people took the time to tell you how it is whether or not you like it.

I didn't cheat a business out of a new one. They said to contact Fractal Design and that is what I did and they said to contact newegg and that is what I did and got a replacement case. I wasn't being a "little shit head".

For future reference this is super easy to fix. Just lay the case flat, put a generous dab of JB Weld on the ends of each thread, then gently screw them back in. You will end up with JB Weld on surrounding thread area, plus JB Weld between the motherboard tray and the flat hex part at the end of the threads, and the screw will be in there stronger than if you hadn't fucked it up to begin with.

But what if I wanted to move the standoffs? Also, my dad didn't want me to epoxy it. I initially stripped one hole, but I stripped more trying to fix it. That is what lead to me getting a new case.

But what if I wanted to move the standoffs? Also, my dad didn't want me to epoxy it. I initially stripped one hole, but I stripped more trying to fix it. That is what lead to me getting a new case.

You just twist them back out. JB Weld is good but that small amount isn't going to hold screws in the the force of a titan. Why would you want to move the stand offs anyway?

But having a new case would have still been stronger so that is another reason I got a new one.

Next time you fuck something up own up to it. Don't pawn it back to the company after your mistake. That's why it's so difficult for honest people to get a decent RMA done, the companies assume people are trying to scam them. If I fry a video card messing with the cooler I don't RMA it, I deal with it.

I initially stripped one hole, but I stripped more trying to fix it. That is what lead to me getting a new case.
this is the friggin problem man! YOU wrecked it! you are not entitled to a free replacement when you wreck something. it was NOT a product flaw. you learn and live with YOUR mistake!!! now one of the companies is out of money for the case or it will go into refurb and someone will buy and have to live with the issues YOU caused. if your ripped your transformers toy's arm off after you get home from toys r us you don't get to take it back for a new one. you live with it or BUY a new one. its not morally correct and your daddy should be teaching you this. not us randoms in an online forum!

I won't strip the standoff holes in the next case I promise. At least I don't use a toilet brush to scratch my back.
jimv.png

It was a joke. -_-

What is "my kind"? I just don't know why people attacked me for getting a new case. I think it is kind of ridiculous. I can't go back in time.

Last edited:
I am not trolling. I made one joke post. That isn't trolling. I am not a troll and I didn't come here to troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back