card to replace onboard

Crosby1

n00b
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
3
Have a MSI K9A2GM / K9A2VM with a Phenom II x4 920 proc. And I want to install a Radeon card that will work best w/ this system. It has a PCI express 1x slot and a PCI Express 16X slot. Im running onbard graphis now so anything would probly be better . Im just
not sure what is OPTIMAL. any advice would be greatly apreciated.
 
Wow thanks for response.
1 Play Starcraft 2 now @ 1024x768 could go up to 1680x1050(with all settings LOW),could go up toup to med,high,or ultra.
2 monitor 22" Samsung 20000:1 2ms Syncmaster T220
3 sys specs 4Gpc2-6400 DDR/ 1tb cuda 7200 drive (350w POWER SUPPLY I WILL REPLACE WHEN I install new card) ?thinkin bout 600w??? 4. about 100 to 200 bucks????(for Vid Card)
 
+1 on the 5770 1GB. You can find them now for about 100 with rebates. That card is excellent for 1680x1050 especially for a game like SC2.
 
These are solid recommendations, I'd also include on the nvidia side of things, gtx 460 768 instead of the 5770.

good point, with a powerful enough CPU, a GTX460 can punch out frames in SC2 as well as the best GPUs can :) (short of some TD, tugowar, footmanfrenzy, area custom games :p).
 
Ok
1. What power supply would you recomend? Wattage?
2.What brand of Radeon 5770 ?
3.Is it hard to OC the 920 phenom? (one post suggested I would want to do this)
 
1) Corsair HX650 (modular).
2) Sapphire Vapor X (overclock edition) 5770.
3) Unsure. Never owned one.
 
Back
Top