Can I use multiple payment types on one purchase?

eezip

n00b
I'm looking to make a purchase, and I have several gift cards laying around. I'd like to cash in all the gift cards on my purchase, and put the balance on my debit/credit card.

I've contacted Newegg and NCIXUS, and both require one payment type per order. So I can't use multiple cards :(

I didn't see an obvious way to dump the gift cards into my PayPal account either. But maybe I'm missing it??

Do you know of any e-tailer, or any e-pay method, with which I can use multiple cards to pay for one order? TIA!

bestbuy takes multiple pay methods in the store not sure about online though otherwise dell does

Gift cards as in pre-paid credit cards? If so I think you can take em to your bank and do cash advances off them and just stick that in your bank account.

edit: Also I believe Dell allows multiple cards.

You're absolutely right about Best Buy, but they're $50 more so I'm not paying that.

Dell takes multiple payment types, TigerDirect does as well. Thanks for that info!

I'll try going to my bank. Great idea!

I'm looking to make a purchase, and I have several gift cards laying around. I'd like to cash in all the gift cards on my purchase, and put the balance on my debit/credit card.

I've contacted Newegg and NCIXUS, and both require one payment type per order. So I can't use multiple cards :(
TIA!

Dear eezip,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing from us. There actually is a way that you can use multiple cards as long as one is a Visa. We sell Gift Certificates by going to the following site: https://secure.newegg.com/GiftCertificate/NewGiftCertificate.aspx. We only accept Verified by Visa card, though. Please call Visa or visit their website for more information. Once you purchase one, a code is sent via e-mail. You use this code at check out and the amount deducts from the purchase price. You can then proceed through checkout paying the remainder with the other form of payment.

Feel free to contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 with further questions.

Well Poop!

I didn't know NewEgg had the gift certificate thing going on.

I've been using all my rebate cards at Amazon!

My bank will not accept these CC rebates and I have used them at various places but only one at a time.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Indeed, it really is that easy! I used my Visa CC to buy a gift certificate for the item price less the gift card price. Then I checked out, using the gift certificate first, then put the balance on the gift card.

I am now the proud owner of a Radeon HD 5770! Thanks once again, Newegg!

Back